Dr. Bronner's Magic All-One! Organic Lip Balm - Naked

Dr. Bronner's Magic All-One! Organic Lip Balm - Naked
Enter TitleMagic All-One! Organic Lip Balm - Naked

4.4

Not tested on animals

Jojoba Seed Oil*, Avocado Oil", Beeswax", Hemp Seed Oil", tocopherol (*Certified Organic).

on 12/9/2016 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

TLDR: Great lip balm! Moisturizing, long-lasting, affordable, and flavor- and fragrance-free. Highly recommend.

This is such a hidden gem! I'm surprised I don't hear about it more often. It can be hard to find a nice flavor- and fragrance-free lip balm, especially if you prefer a limited number of simple ingredients. A lot of "natural" brands offer balms with moisturizing nut/plant oils but then also add fragrant essential oils and extracts (citrus, peppermint, lavender, etc.) that can cause skin irritation.

As someone with sensitive skin, I really appreciate that Dr. Bronner's Naked lip balm is limited to 5 non-fragrant ingredients. The fact that the ingredients are organic and cruelty-free is icing on the cake! This balm contains tocopherol and/or beeswax, which cause reactions for some, but fortunately those seem okay for me. It is petrolatum-free. I personally love petrolatum-based products, but I know a lot of people prefer to avoid them.

I prefer soft, oil-based formulas to waxy formulas. This is the first avocado oil-based lip balm I've ever used, and the emollient texture is so great! Very moisturizing with a nice sheen but never greasy or sticky. It lasts a long time and leaves my lips feeling soft and comfortable after it wears off. The cold weather had the corners of my mouth cracking and uncomfortable, but Dr. Bronner's fixed it up surprisingly fast. My expectations were low because I had been using a solid lip balm before, but I think the longer wear time of this one really made the difference.

Compared to petrolatum-based balms, this one's not super occlusive. I do need to reapply if I spend too much time outdoors in the cold wind/snow. I've also locked it in with Vaseline or a petrolatum-based balm before heading out into the elements, and that increases the wear time and level of protection. As a night treatment, I find it works just about as well as Vaseline, which surprised me. That might just be because it's helped diminish any lip dryness I had in general, making the nighttime occlusive less necessary.

As the winter set in, I had found another lip balm (Skinfix) that I loved but wasn't reapplying often enough due to the somewhat messy/inconvenient packaging. I love that this balm comes in a stick-style tube rather than a squeeze tube or a pot. It's easy to reapply on the go (which I have to do more and more often now in blustery Chicago!), and tube is small enough to easily stash where I need it. I've got one in my purse, one in my wallet clutch, one in my school backpack, and one on my nightstand. The relatively low price (on sale for $2.39 at Whole Foods) made that possible :) I'm even including one in a Christmas gift basket for my boyfriend!

on 9/28/2012 1:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love Dr. Bronner's soap (peppermint) so I decided to try the lip balms. I have this one to wear under lipstick, and the peppermint at night. They are moist without being greasy and stay on much longer than other lip balms. I like that they are organic and don't interfere with lipstick application.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Its meant to be unscented but has a musty mouldy herbal and honey scent which I find absolutely revolting. Also this made my lips feel super sensitive and far worse after using it. I even tried using when my lips were in great condition for a bit of moist gloss at night and after using it my lips felt sore and tender on both occaisions.

Ingredients: Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Beeswax, Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil, Tocopherol

on 8/18/2015 9:10:00 AM

Amazing product- I moved to a dry climate and couldn't find a good lip balm. I tried Nivea, Chapstick, Baby Lips, Vaseline, Burt's Bees, Carmex, Blistex, and this one wins by a landslide!
It has absolutely no scent and has a light slip to it -it makes my lips look younger, pinker, and really sinks in, unlike most balms that just stay on top of the lip. It's extremely humectant and moisturizing and lasts all night when applied before bed. My lips feel like they're super stretchy, if that makes sense! My only wish is that it was slightly tackier and not quite as slippy (it's not shiny or greasy though). Gives the lip a slight sheen and is amazing under lipstick.
I also tend to get eczema type dry patches on my lips due to allergies, kissing my dogs faces, irritation with long wear lipsticks and in ONE use, the patches are GONE. Holy moly!
I've never used a better lip product and will continue to repurchase unless something better comes along, but I doubt there is!
The package is a sweet and attractive purple twist up stick and lasts a long time. Men wouldn't be embarrassed to carry one in the pocket. I just ordered a three pack from eBay because it's not sold in my city and I never want to run out of it! Give it a try!

Eyes: Violet

The best and most natural non toxic lip balm on the market I have ever used. Made my lips oh so soft within the first few days of use. My lip is no longer peeling and getting bloody from the dryness. It gives my lips that full luscious look without all the added carcinogenic chemicals of the high end department store brands such as shiseido , lancome, lauder. The ingredients are all foods grade so it's okay to eat. The only draw back is that the lip balm is so soft that it breaks off easily. For 2.99 , no other lip balm can be compared. Younger, smoother, softer, fuller , brighter, fresher looking lips in 2 days! Yay Holy Grail.

This is the only lip balm I use anymore. I don't even use lipstick. Here's why:
- Smooth, and emollient-rich. Doesn't just sit on your lips.
- Stays for hours. Never have I had a lip balm last this long, not even La Roche Posay Ceralip!
-NO scent or taste whatsoever. I can kiss my boyfriend and he doesn't complain of a minty burning sensation.
- Makes your lips look amazing. I find this brings out the natural color in your lips, so that lipstick or gloss is not necessary. But that could be me.
- Twist tube. I hate having to dig my finger into a pot of lip balm. It always gets stuck behind my fingernail. Ick.
-Tube lasts forever. I bought my first tube 2 months ago and it is nowhere near gone. I take it everywhere and apply it at least once a day. I love how plump and smooth my lips feel.

Now that you've read all that, go out and get yourself some!

on 4/8/2010 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I ordered two organic fragrance free lip balms online: Dr Bronner and Badger Lip Balm. And they're both equally fantastic! I've been in a desperate need of a natural alternative to Vaseline, which I still use for its excellent water-binding properties, but I need something that's thoroughly hydrating. Dr Bronner's Naked Lip Balm leaves my lips soft and moisturized without waxy or sticky residue. It truly is odorless and tasteless, and I just love the simple ingredient list. And I only paid $2.70 for it! Now, if I could only find a decent, preferably as natural as possible, fragrance free lip balm with SPF 15 or greater...

Ingredients: Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil*, Beeswax*, Hemp Seed Oil*, Tocopherol

*Certified Organic

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Would I buy this again? YES! I'd buy every single tube in existence :) Just a perfect lip balm, seriously.

I used to go to this farm that was open to the public during summer, they sell home made pies, bread etc. and also home made soaps and this incredible avocado oil lip balm, it was amazing. I'd buy several tubes but they got so popular that every time I've gone back since, they are sold out. Bummer.

But then I saw the ingredients in this Dr. Bronner's balm and they were nearly identical so I bought it and it is just as amazing as the farm one, and half the price too! So awesome.

It's nourishing, feels great and makes a wonderful night balm. I exfoliate and slather this on before bed and wake up with a perfect lips.

I'm so glad I found this, would definitley recommend and will repurchase as long as they keep making it, which I hope will be until the end of time :)

on 5/22/2013 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

The best! It's smoother and glossier than other lip balms but I love that! Only contains great all natural ingredients including jojoba and avocado oil, so I know this is very nice stuff for my lips. Does have a very slight smell, but you can't taste it when it's on. I wear this through the day and doesn't ever really seem to wear off. At night I rub a teeny tiny amount of Jojoba oil on my lips and then apply this, and my lips feel so nice & moisturized when I wake up. Highly recommend.

on 3/21/2013 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am super picky about my chapstick, I like mine to not be so slippery and I like the waxy feel of most, it prevents me from chewing the bottom of my lips or licking them. This one has slip like no other, and although when I first tried it, I was like nooo it's so slippery, I'm going to chew on my lip for hours! I actually didn't. It's been a couple of days and I'm really suprised. And despite how slippery it is, once it wears off, I don't feel the need to reach for it again and reapply. You know how that happens, when you've layered your chapstick on, when it starts wearing off, you feel it and then you have to reapply...it's so not with this, which I am so suprised about. And add some points to this because no whiteheads on my upper lip! yay.