Dr. Bronner's Magic All-One! Organic Lip Balm - Naked

Dr. Bronner's Magic All-One! Organic Lip Balm - Naked
Enter TitleMagic All-One! Organic Lip Balm - Naked

4.5

Not tested on animals

Jojoba Seed Oil*, Avocado Oil", Beeswax", Hemp Seed Oil", tocopherol (*Certified Organic).

on 11/15/2017 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best product for my lips that are prone to being dry and peeling. Nothing I’ve tried can compare.

on 8/19/2017 6:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I like that it's natural, cruelty-free, had a simple cute design but it's not very moisturising and I find it coats my lips more than hydrates it.

on 2/16/2016 6:38:00 PM

This is a nice lip balm and definitely a plus that its all natural ingredients. Its very silky on the lips. I have this naked version and the peppermint one. This naked one would probably be good to smooth over cuticles or dry spots. I wouldn't count on this alone to relieve my chapped lips.

on 12/9/2016 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

TLDR: Great lip balm! Moisturizing, long-lasting, affordable, and flavor- and fragrance-free. Highly recommend.

This is such a hidden gem! I'm surprised I don't hear about it more often. It can be hard to find a nice flavor- and fragrance-free lip balm, especially if you prefer a limited number of simple ingredients. A lot of "natural" brands offer balms with moisturizing nut/plant oils but then also add fragrant essential oils and extracts (citrus, peppermint, lavender, etc.) that can cause skin irritation.

As someone with sensitive skin, I really appreciate that Dr. Bronner's Naked lip balm is limited to 5 non-fragrant ingredients. The fact that the ingredients are organic and cruelty-free is icing on the cake! This balm contains tocopherol and/or beeswax, which cause reactions for some, but fortunately those seem okay for me. It is petrolatum-free. I personally love petrolatum-based products, but I know a lot of people prefer to avoid them.

I prefer soft, oil-based formulas to waxy formulas. This is the first avocado oil-based lip balm I've ever used, and the emollient texture is so great! Very moisturizing with a nice sheen but never greasy or sticky. It lasts a long time and leaves my lips feeling soft and comfortable after it wears off. The cold weather had the corners of my mouth cracking and uncomfortable, but Dr. Bronner's fixed it up surprisingly fast. My expectations were low because I had been using a solid lip balm before, but I think the longer wear time of this one really made the difference.

Compared to petrolatum-based balms, this one's not super occlusive. I do need to reapply if I spend too much time outdoors in the cold wind/snow. I've also locked it in with Vaseline or a petrolatum-based balm before heading out into the elements, and that increases the wear time and level of protection. As a night treatment, I find it works just about as well as Vaseline, which surprised me. That might just be because it's helped diminish any lip dryness I had in general, making the nighttime occlusive less necessary.

As the winter set in, I had found another lip balm (Skinfix) that I loved but wasn't reapplying often enough due to the somewhat messy/inconvenient packaging. I love that this balm comes in a stick-style tube rather than a squeeze tube or a pot. It's easy to reapply on the go (which I have to do more and more often now in blustery Chicago!), and tube is small enough to easily stash where I need it. I've got one in my purse, one in my wallet clutch, one in my school backpack, and one on my nightstand. The relatively low price (on sale for $2.39 at Whole Foods) made that possible :) I'm even including one in a Christmas gift basket for my boyfriend!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Would I buy this again? YES! I'd buy every single tube in existence :) Just a perfect lip balm, seriously.

I used to go to this farm that was open to the public during summer, they sell home made pies, bread etc. and also home made soaps and this incredible avocado oil lip balm, it was amazing. I'd buy several tubes but they got so popular that every time I've gone back since, they are sold out. Bummer.

But then I saw the ingredients in this Dr. Bronner's balm and they were nearly identical so I bought it and it is just as amazing as the farm one, and half the price too! So awesome.

It's nourishing, feels great and makes a wonderful night balm. I exfoliate and slather this on before bed and wake up with a perfect lips.

I'm so glad I found this, would definitley recommend and will repurchase as long as they keep making it, which I hope will be until the end of time :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

A very nice lip balm, I use it before bed and wake up with soft and smooth lips. Great ingredients, the avocado oil is so nice and nourishing. Perfect night time balm!

on 8/18/2015 9:10:00 AM

Amazing product- I moved to a dry climate and couldn't find a good lip balm. I tried Nivea, Chapstick, Baby Lips, Vaseline, Burt's Bees, Carmex, Blistex, and this one wins by a landslide!
It has absolutely no scent and has a light slip to it -it makes my lips look younger, pinker, and really sinks in, unlike most balms that just stay on top of the lip. It's extremely humectant and moisturizing and lasts all night when applied before bed. My lips feel like they're super stretchy, if that makes sense! My only wish is that it was slightly tackier and not quite as slippy (it's not shiny or greasy though). Gives the lip a slight sheen and is amazing under lipstick.
I also tend to get eczema type dry patches on my lips due to allergies, kissing my dogs faces, irritation with long wear lipsticks and in ONE use, the patches are GONE. Holy moly!
I've never used a better lip product and will continue to repurchase unless something better comes along, but I doubt there is!
The package is a sweet and attractive purple twist up stick and lasts a long time. Men wouldn't be embarrassed to carry one in the pocket. I just ordered a three pack from eBay because it's not sold in my city and I never want to run out of it! Give it a try!

Eyes: Violet

The best and most natural non toxic lip balm on the market I have ever used. Made my lips oh so soft within the first few days of use. My lip is no longer peeling and getting bloody from the dryness. It gives my lips that full luscious look without all the added carcinogenic chemicals of the high end department store brands such as shiseido , lancome, lauder. The ingredients are all foods grade so it's okay to eat. The only draw back is that the lip balm is so soft that it breaks off easily. For 2.99 , no other lip balm can be compared. Younger, smoother, softer, fuller , brighter, fresher looking lips in 2 days! Yay Holy Grail.

on 11/5/2014 8:53:00 AM

Very good and hydrating lip balm - one of the best I've ever used. Hideous design on the outside though - I would like it to be a bit prettier, but it's the inside that counts!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I wanted to like. But my lips are so dry when I use this, and I have to keep reapplying. It smells nice though.