Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm

Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm
Honey Lip Balm

3.0

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, sunflower seed oil, coconut oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor), honey, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil, benzyl benzoate, coumarin.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

I bought the honey lip balm because I like honey stuff, but also that the original beeswax lip balm smelled too strongly of peppermint. It has been effective on my chapped lips so far. I left it on one night, and I had small blisters on my lips the next morning, but I wasn't sure if it was the lip balm or lipstick that I was using the previous day. The blisters went away themselves after a few days, and this is the second time I've applied it since the episode, taking care to only use it when my lips are chapped.

Overall, 5 stars for its effectiveness, but I'm giving it a 3 because I'm not sure if I was allergic to something in it (or some other product entirely).

on 4/23/2018 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The smell is reeeeeally strong and it feels like your smudging real honey on your lips (without the stickiness), and the smell lasts very long. For the fan of honey, I guess this is perfect, but I'll stick to some other variants of their lip balm.

Gutted.
I buy Burts bees because am against animal testing and also veggie. I just bought this and it's got carmine in it. That's crushed beetles between you and me.
Not such an ethical, animal friendly company after all. I shall avoid in future.

(Edit, sorry this review was meant for the pomegranate lip balm!)

Burt's Bees Lip Balms are the best. I put this on before bed at night in the summer (in the winter I use aquaphor or vaseline since they're heavier). This balm is lightweight enough to wear under a lipstick. Some of my favorite lipsticks are too matte for my taste, and I wish they had more shine and were creamier. So I swipe on my Burt's Bees Lip Balm, and then apply my favorite lipstick on top. Voila, instant sheen and dimension! Amazing that such a lightweight balm can give a lipstick the extra "oomph", instead of using a goopy uncomfortable lipgloss over it.

on 9/27/2017 12:05:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have gone through tons of chapstick in my life and I never liked any of them. I purchased this on a whim and immediately bought 1 more. I keep one on my night stand to apply at night and one on me in my pocket or purse. It goes on smooth and has a great light honey smell. I have told everyone that I know about how this helped me with my dry cracked peeling lips and will continue to recommend this.

on 8/7/2017 9:29:00 PM

Love this stuff, always. It's my go-to lip balm, and just about any flavor of it, too. This is what I use when my lips are dry and chafing from days of drying lipstick formulas. I use it as a lip primer or just slather it on before bed.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Have bought it every month for 3 years.. love it :)

on 7/27/2017 12:02:00 PM

This stuff is terrible. The formula is hard and crumbles easily. It also dries out my lips. The scent is weird too.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I hate the smell of this. Formula also not the best out of the other flavours.

on 5/11/2017 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

After trying out a few more high-end expensive lip moisturisers this is the one that's been most effective. Leaves lips soft and plump - used both morning and night. Great in other 'flavours' too, but the honey one I've found to be the most hydrating. Great for general every day use.