Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm

Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm
Honey Lip Balm

3.0

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, sunflower seed oil, coconut oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor), honey, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil, benzyl benzoate, coumarin.

on 4/14/2017 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This lip balm is very stiff - I can run it along my lips several times and it'll still feel like nothing is actually getting onto my lips. Not the most hydrating formula either - I will be throwing this out.

[0]

This is my overall favorite lip balm. I've been using it for the last year and have repurchased quite a few times (not because I run out, but because I keep forgetting it at home!). This is a very thick and very waxy lip balm. It's not a slippy, soft feeling balm, like they're other balms (the vanilla is super slippery and I don't thinks it's very moisturizing). The smell on this is quite intense, very off-putting and I vowed I would never use it after that first application but it worked so well I just kept using it and ultimately don't care how it smells. This balm doesn't take care of super chapped lips immediately. I find it's more of a "keep lips healthy" over a "my lips are falling off save them right now" balm. I'll use other things to get my lips in good condition and then use this to protect them for the severe cold and wind. It stays on the lips for a long time (at least 2 hours if not eating and drinking). The smell does not dissipate during this time, so if you don't like strong smells, you won't like this particular formula. As I said, I prefer this to all other Burt's bees flavors and will be so incredibly sad if they ever discontinue.

on 2/5/2017 6:18:00 AM

Very soothing and moisturising on my dry, sore lips. Helps prevent angular chelitis and no spf for me to have an allergy to. However, I've been using this for over 2 months and i still find the scent disgusting so i won't be repurchasing.

on 1/19/2017 3:38:00 PM

Pros:

Good honey smell
good and natural ingredients
affordable
very hydrating

Cons:

My lips got used to it after a month of use and need more hydrating lip balm. Very waxy but I don't mind that much. So waxy I have even used this to prime my brows.

I will repurchase it when I run out of this because I like the smell.

on 11/23/2016 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

As compared to the Mango version, this felt more stiff and less hydrating. I really loved the Mango version, but this feels like a different formula. I would not repurchase this.

on 11/22/2016 1:19:00 AM

I would have given this product a 5, but they keep changing the formula. When I first started using it, it would partially crystallize in the cold. I liked that for two reasons; made with real honey and exfoliating & moisturizing in one. Then they change it. Still loved it, just not as much. Now they've changed it again to where it still feels good on my lips, but it smells really weird. It says "New Honey Flavor!" on the tube. But honey, that does not smell like honey. I wish they would change it back.

on 11/15/2016 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is the only Burt's Bees lip balm that actually helps my dry, sensitive lips, instead of making them worse; the others are all hard and waxy, while this one is much more slick and emollient. It's not extremely slick, though, and absorbs quickly, which makes it an ideal pre-lipstick balm.

I'm not a fan of honey, so I'm not sure whether the smell is accurate - it's sort of a powdery rose scent that can be overpowering if I'm already incubating a headache. Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm is a next-to-last-resort product, for when I'm out of all my preferred lip balms (Aquaphor, Cherry Culture, and Blue Q).

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This felt more moisturizing than regular Burt's Bees, but I wasn't super into the smell and slight flavor to this.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Seconding this review by pinknika on page 7:

"WHAT DID THEY DO??!! I was craving this lip balm, yes that's past tense, WAS. Where is the beautiful warm, rich and sweet honey flavor? Now it's borderline old makeup smell circa 1920 mixed with cat piss. Disgusting. Thank you Clorox, you bastards, ruining another company that actually had a good thing going".

I have two different tubes of this that are vastly different experiences. The first I bought is actually called "honey miel" and it is divine as described above. So I reordered, this time receiving a tube simply called "honey" and it is the embodiment of gross!

If I had been reading these reviews with just my 'honey miel' tube I would be so confused and think everyone was insane but having bought the newer one I agree that it is absolutely disgusting. And actually so, so disappointing. The honey flavour and scent I fell in absolute love with in my first tube seems to be gone... I'm heartbroken.

Burt's Bees, sort this out please.

on 4/14/2016 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

The smelliest lip balm I have ever tried. It smells like rubbing public toilet all over your lips. Made me gag so bad. Absolutely vile!