Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm

Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm
Honey Lip Balm

3.0

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, sunflower seed oil, coconut oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor), honey, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil, benzyl benzoate, coumarin.

on 2/5/2017 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Very soothing and moisturising on my dry, sore lips. Helps prevent angular chelitis and no spf for me to have an allergy to. However, I've been using this for over 2 months and i still find the scent disgusting so i won't be repurchasing.

on 1/19/2017 3:38:00 PM

Pros:

Good honey smell
good and natural ingredients
affordable
very hydrating

Cons:

My lips got used to it after a month of use and need more hydrating lip balm. Very waxy but I don't mind that much. So waxy I have even used this to prime my brows.

I will repurchase it when I run out of this because I like the smell.

on 11/23/2016 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

As compared to the Mango version, this felt more stiff and less hydrating. I really loved the Mango version, but this feels like a different formula. I would not repurchase this.

on 11/22/2016 1:19:00 AM

I would have given this product a 5, but they keep changing the formula. When I first started using it, it would partially crystallize in the cold. I liked that for two reasons; made with real honey and exfoliating & moisturizing in one. Then they change it. Still loved it, just not as much. Now they've changed it again to where it still feels good on my lips, but it smells really weird. It says "New Honey Flavor!" on the tube. But honey, that does not smell like honey. I wish they would change it back.

on 11/15/2016 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is the only Burt's Bees lip balm that actually helps my dry, sensitive lips, instead of making them worse; the others are all hard and waxy, while this one is much more slick and emollient. It's not extremely slick, though, and absorbs quickly, which makes it an ideal pre-lipstick balm.

I'm not a fan of honey, so I'm not sure whether the smell is accurate - it's sort of a powdery rose scent that can be overpowering if I'm already incubating a headache. Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm is a next-to-last-resort product, for when I'm out of all my preferred lip balms (Aquaphor, Cherry Culture, and Blue Q).

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This felt more moisturizing than regular Burt's Bees, but I wasn't super into the smell and slight flavor to this.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Seconding this review by pinknika on page 7:

"WHAT DID THEY DO??!! I was craving this lip balm, yes that's past tense, WAS. Where is the beautiful warm, rich and sweet honey flavor? Now it's borderline old makeup smell circa 1920 mixed with cat piss. Disgusting. Thank you Clorox, you bastards, ruining another company that actually had a good thing going".

I have two different tubes of this that are vastly different experiences. The first I bought is actually called "honey miel" and it is divine as described above. So I reordered, this time receiving a tube simply called "honey" and it is the embodiment of gross!

If I had been reading these reviews with just my 'honey miel' tube I would be so confused and think everyone was insane but having bought the newer one I agree that it is absolutely disgusting. And actually so, so disappointing. The honey flavour and scent I fell in absolute love with in my first tube seems to be gone... I'm heartbroken.

Burt's Bees, sort this out please.

on 4/14/2016 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

The smelliest lip balm I have ever tried. It smells like rubbing public toilet all over your lips. Made me gag so bad. Absolutely vile!

on 2/2/2016 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

What I like:

+ Softening and healing for my lips in the long run.
+ Cruelty free (though parent company isn't)

What I don't particularly like:
- The taste of honey on my lips. Which, I will admit, is my fault for buying this lip balm in particular. But I like the taste of honey, I like home made face masks with honey, so I thought this would be fine as well. Turns out it's not very pleasant to slather your lips in honey lip balm. Neither the scent nor the taste that lingers is very pleasant.
- Sits on your lips kind of like a "film" for a while before it sinks in. It doesn't feel very natural at all in that sense.
- Not worth the money, compared to what you can get for the same amount.

I'm all about the natural lip balms, and if you are too, I'd suggest trying out Hurraw! lip balms instead. They're the ones that any new lip balm I try is competing with, and so far I haven't found a brand that beats them. Sorry, Burt's Bees, I won't be repurchasing you.

on 1/25/2016 2:29:00 PM

Can be a bit difficult to apply but easier when warm, lovely smell, moisturising and definetely helps dry lips.