Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm

Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm
Honey Lip Balm

3.0

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, sunflower seed oil, coconut oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor), honey, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil, benzyl benzoate, coumarin.

on 8/7/2017 9:29:00 PM

Love this stuff, always. It's my go-to lip balm, and just about any flavor of it, too. This is what I use when my lips are dry and chafing from days of drying lipstick formulas. I use it as a lip primer or just slather it on before bed.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Have bought it every month for 3 years.. love it :)

on 7/27/2017 12:02:00 PM

This stuff is terrible. The formula is hard and crumbles easily. It also dries out my lips. The scent is weird too.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I hate the smell of this. Formula also not the best out of the other flavours.

on 5/11/2017 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

After trying out a few more high-end expensive lip moisturisers this is the one that's been most effective. Leaves lips soft and plump - used both morning and night. Great in other 'flavours' too, but the honey one I've found to be the most hydrating. Great for general every day use.

This is my overall favorite lip balm. I've been using it for the last year and have repurchased quite a few times (not because I run out, but because I keep forgetting it at home!). This is a very thick and very waxy lip balm. It's not a slippy, soft feeling balm, like they're other balms (the vanilla is super slippery and I don't thinks it's very moisturizing). The smell on this is quite intense, very off-putting and I vowed I would never use it after that first application but it worked so well I just kept using it and ultimately don't care how it smells. This balm doesn't take care of super chapped lips immediately. I find it's more of a "keep lips healthy" over a "my lips are falling off save them right now" balm. I'll use other things to get my lips in good condition and then use this to protect them for the severe cold and wind. It stays on the lips for a long time (at least 2 hours if not eating and drinking). The smell does not dissipate during this time, so if you don't like strong smells, you won't like this particular formula. As I said, I prefer this to all other Burt's bees flavors and will be so incredibly sad if they ever discontinue.

on 2/5/2017 6:18:00 AM

Very soothing and moisturising on my dry, sore lips. Helps prevent angular chelitis and no spf for me to have an allergy to. However, I've been using this for over 2 months and i still find the scent disgusting so i won't be repurchasing.

on 1/19/2017 3:38:00 PM

Pros:

Good honey smell
good and natural ingredients
affordable
very hydrating

Cons:

My lips got used to it after a month of use and need more hydrating lip balm. Very waxy but I don't mind that much. So waxy I have even used this to prime my brows.

I will repurchase it when I run out of this because I like the smell.

on 11/23/2016 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

As compared to the Mango version, this felt more stiff and less hydrating. I really loved the Mango version, but this feels like a different formula. I would not repurchase this.

on 11/22/2016 1:19:00 AM

I would have given this product a 5, but they keep changing the formula. When I first started using it, it would partially crystallize in the cold. I liked that for two reasons; made with real honey and exfoliating & moisturizing in one. Then they change it. Still loved it, just not as much. Now they've changed it again to where it still feels good on my lips, but it smells really weird. It says "New Honey Flavor!" on the tube. But honey, that does not smell like honey. I wish they would change it back.