The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector

The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector
Hemp Hand Protector

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Myristate, Hemp Seed Oil, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glyceryl Stearate, Dimethicone, PEG-100 Stearate, Beeswax, Lanolin, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Allantoin, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Evernia Furfuracea (Treemoss) Extract, Limonene, Citronellol, Talc, Geraniol, Linalool, Citral, Chromium Oxide Greens, Iron Oxides.

on 4/23/2017 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Way too greasy and scented for my liking. I received a tube of this a couple of years ago and it took me forever to use it up. I ended up using it on the soles of my feet when they would get dry and cracked. Great for slathering on, covering with socks while you sleep, really penetrates and softens skin. I can't use this for anywhere else though, just too strong and greasy.

on 4/23/2017 11:24:00 AM

I have repurchased this hand cream many times and will continue to do so. It saves my hands, especially in the fall and winter. About the smell, I have gotten used to it but I wear some cotton and cotton blend gloves on my hands when I use this and have no issue with the smell. When my knuckles get cracked from dryness I reach for this hemp hand cream and it heals them within days without any irritation.

this is to greasy, I know its supposed to be super heavy for hands but it won't absorb for me. I actually prefer to use the boys one for my hands it is super moist and absorbs faster. also this packing sucks , its a metal tube, although I have seen some in plastic.

on 1/4/2017 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This stuff gave me contact dermatitis (itchy red little bumps like pimples). It always made my hands look like more plump and hydrated, but like l'occitane's hand creams this just itched and burned. The packaging is also a metal tube, so it cracks and breaks over time which isn't cool

on 12/25/2016 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've used this off and on for years, sometimes I don't mind the scent, sometimes I do. It's earthy herbal scent but this is the best hand cream I've used that fixes all the cracks and dryness better than any other cream. It does feel a bit greasy but I use it last thing at night and it heals my hands in the morning.

I've tried to avoid using this because I'm not in the mood for hemp scent lately but nothing I've used has been able to treat my dry winter hands plus over washing like the hemp hand cream.

It comes in a metal tube and screw off cap. That's the other thing is I don't like the packaging. I squeeze it into a body butter container but that exposes it to air and it does go rancid so only do a small bit at a time.

The Body Shop always has promos so I grabbed a few and it's worth joining their membership if you buy a few items a year. This compliments the hemp hand wash very well but for some stupid reason they discontinued it. It's the perfect hand wash that cleans well and doesn't strip your skin dry. The rose hand wash was suggested instead but it doesn't clean as well but it does smell nice.

on 12/25/2016 6:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Surprised at the good reviews.
I am not sensitive to fragrance but I could not sleep after using this hand cream. Extremely heavily scented with perfume high up on the ingredients list. I believe the high content is what made my skin sting from it.
Had to wash it off.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I've repurchased this hand cream countless times for myself and family members who work as healthcare professionals and wash their hands constantly. I keep a tube in my handbag and one on my nightstand so I'm never without. The lush formula works and I love the smell of it as it isn't girly or overly-perfumed like the l'Occitane version. Holy Grail hand cream for me.

on 9/26/2016 7:52:00 AM

Ah. A hand cream miracle. Yes it's thick, even bordering on (but not quite) tacky, but it is hands down the best overnight hand cream around. Hands, heels, elbows, knees, bottom of the shins ... Whatever dries out, this puts the life back in. (Not your face though ... Don't use it on your face ...) you can't put it on mid-workday and immediately go back to typing on the computer, ok, but it smells awesome (hempy, not floral) and is super-rich. Will repurchase as long as it is made.

My HG hand cream. I put this on before bed and in the morning my hands are silky smooth and soft. Love it and although it's pricey I diligently save my pennies especially for this.

Remember that hand show age first so wear gloves while doing dishes, moisturize after every hand wash, use SPF when going outside and use a rich cream like this before bed.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Wow this cream sucks. It's thick and hard to spread evenly on my hands and once I'm done it leaves a sticky, greasy film/feeling that just makes me want to go wash my hands right away. I obviously don't, but then maybe after 10 minutes my hands feel dry again with that same greasy residue feeling still left over. I also don't really like the packaging. I'm starting to realize I hate creams that come in a packaging similar to this one because they tend to crack all over and then cream is coming out of all these little holes everywhere.

Waste of money. Won't repurchase. Don't even know if I'll suck it up and use everything up even though I hate wasting product. That's how much I don't like this.