The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector

The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector
Hemp Hand Protector

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Myristate, Hemp Seed Oil, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glyceryl Stearate, Dimethicone, PEG-100 Stearate, Beeswax, Lanolin, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Allantoin, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Evernia Furfuracea (Treemoss) Extract, Limonene, Citronellol, Talc, Geraniol, Linalool, Citral, Chromium Oxide Greens, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I've repurchased this hand cream countless times for myself and family members who work as healthcare professionals and wash their hands constantly. I keep a tube in my handbag and one on my nightstand so I'm never without. The lush formula works and I love the smell of it as it isn't girly or overly-perfumed like the l'Occitane version. Holy Grail hand cream for me.

on 9/26/2016 7:52:00 AM

Ah. A hand cream miracle. Yes it's thick, even bordering on (but not quite) tacky, but it is hands down the best overnight hand cream around. Hands, heels, elbows, knees, bottom of the shins ... Whatever dries out, this puts the life back in. (Not your face though ... Don't use it on your face ...) you can't put it on mid-workday and immediately go back to typing on the computer, ok, but it smells awesome (hempy, not floral) and is super-rich. Will repurchase as long as it is made.

To Read all 352 Reviews, Login or Join

My HG hand cream. I put this on before bed and in the morning my hands are silky smooth and soft. Love it and although it's pricey I diligently save my pennies especially for this.

Remember that hand show age first so wear gloves while doing dishes, moisturize after every hand wash, use SPF when going outside and use a rich cream like this before bed.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Wow this cream sucks. It's thick and hard to spread evenly on my hands and once I'm done it leaves a sticky, greasy film/feeling that just makes me want to go wash my hands right away. I obviously don't, but then maybe after 10 minutes my hands feel dry again with that same greasy residue feeling still left over. I also don't really like the packaging. I'm starting to realize I hate creams that come in a packaging similar to this one because they tend to crack all over and then cream is coming out of all these little holes everywhere.

Waste of money. Won't repurchase. Don't even know if I'll suck it up and use everything up even though I hate wasting product. That's how much I don't like this.

on 11/14/2015 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This stuff is amazing. So moisturizing. The bigger size is better value but the small one is a great handbag size. The smell can be a bit strong but I don't find it overly offensive. It fades after a few minutes anyway.

This is going to sound weird but I actually prefer to use this on my feet. I know it's for your hands and they have one made for feet but this one just works better. My feet are as soft as a baby butt, no lie. I put this on before bed and put socks on and when I wake up HOLY SMOOTH. Honestly I'm not too fond of the smell but it isn't that big of a deal, it smells herbal and musky (I'm a sweet tooth). I think it's a little too thick for hands but then again I'm picky and hate greasy hand lotion. While I do like it comes in a tube (sanitary reasons) I find the tube could crack and near the end it's a bit difficult to squeeze out (think the last of the tooth paste) sometimes the packaging cuts my hand when this happens. This is my HG foot cream, it's love and I refuse to part ways. :) It does go on sale and you can get 2 for 20 so STOCK UP.

Absolute favorite, on the 4th tube at this moment. Nice non-greasy texture. Use it on hands, heels and elbows. Makes my skin smooth. Don't find the smell disturbing but maybe I got used to it by using this cream so much

on 9/10/2015 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a fantastic product. It comes in two sizes. If you are on a budget, you can get a 30mL small tube for NZ$12.75. If not, you can get a large 100mL tube for NZ $23.95. A 100mL tube lasted me 2-3 years. It is a nice thick cream. You don't have to use much. It soaks in without leaving a greasy residue. It is very calming, cooling and non-irritating. Your hands feel soft and smooth afterwards.

It was not sold for treatment of eczema (the website says for dry skin) but it helped me. I have had problems with eczema on my hands - bad eczema extending all over the hand and other places - which is now mostly healed. A relative gave me Hemp Cream to help. I have just bought my second tube.

Often creams that heal eczema, hurt, itch and sting when they go on and then later the skin feels better and looks less inflammed. Instead it never stung my hands. My hands looked better and felt softer later.

on 9/1/2015 1:45:00 AM

What on earth is in this thing? FAIRY DUST? UNICORN BLOOD?

I have discoid eczema on my hands and this cream does an AMAZING job at soothing it. I apply it to my hands whenever I can or if I am suffering from am eczema flareup, I apply this cream to specific spots. I can see the skin's redness calming down - it becomes less itchy. I could only manage to get these results with potent steroid creams (they're not good for you long-term use... and thin out your skin).

The smell isn't anything to rave about, yet I don't think it's overbearing either?
$19AUD for 100ml and I will happily repurchase. A little goes a long way - as it is dense and emollient.

100% recommend!

I don't use hemp for anything else except for this hand cream!