The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector

The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector
Hemp Hand Protector

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

2017 NEW formula: Aqua, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Myristate, Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil, Ricinus Communis Seed Oil, Dimethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cera Alba, Panthenol, Methyl Soyate, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum, Sodium Benzoate, Allantoin, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Xanthan Gum, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Copernicia Cerifera Cera, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Talc, CI 77288, CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499

on 3/24/2018 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

My fave handcreme!!

on 1/21/2018 6:42:00 PM

Like a lot of ppl, i'm not a huge fan of the scent and I find it smells more masculine than herbal.

This stuff is AMAZING!!! I have tried many hand creams and this is by far the BEST one. I've tried brands like l'occitane, khiels to d/s brands and nothing has really helped moisturize as well as this hemp cream!! For the quality you get and the price you pay for it, I'm surprised more ppl don't rave about it.

I have pretty bad eczema on my thumbs which i make far worse by picking at the dry skin. This cream keeps them moisturized and comfortable. It's very thick but doesn't feel greasy. I can also just use it to spot treat as well so one tube will last a while for me.

Price is also very good and the product is made in FRANCE!!!! I believe this retails for $21 CAD for 100ml but they had a sale on and i got it for 50% off. I will definitely be repurchases this little gem, even if i had to pay reg price for it!!!

on 11/26/2017 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

LEGENDARY product. Fancy but not so useful packaging as it starts breaking on the sides as you use it up and the product leaks out. Most people say they don't like the smell but I prefer it to all other artificial scents. I've been using this product non-stop for about 10 years now and it might be the only product that I can never replace.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The product is the only hand cream I ever used effectively moisturise the skin& not dry out too quickly. My friend has a cracked hand skin& it is his holy gail. The smell is really off though, I was complained that it is stinky& not pleasant. I therefore only use it in winter when my hand skin really nead superior thick cream to not cracking.

on 4/23/2017 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Way too greasy and scented for my liking. I received a tube of this a couple of years ago and it took me forever to use it up. I ended up using it on the soles of my feet when they would get dry and cracked. Great for slathering on, covering with socks while you sleep, really penetrates and softens skin. I can't use this for anywhere else though, just too strong and greasy.

on 4/23/2017 11:24:00 AM

I have repurchased this hand cream many times and will continue to do so. It saves my hands, especially in the fall and winter. About the smell, I have gotten used to it but I wear some cotton and cotton blend gloves on my hands when I use this and have no issue with the smell. When my knuckles get cracked from dryness I reach for this hemp hand cream and it heals them within days without any irritation.

this is to greasy, I know its supposed to be super heavy for hands but it won't absorb for me. I actually prefer to use the boys one for my hands it is super moist and absorbs faster. also this packing sucks , its a metal tube, although I have seen some in plastic.

on 1/4/2017 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This stuff gave me contact dermatitis (itchy red little bumps like pimples). It always made my hands look like more plump and hydrated, but like l'occitane's hand creams this just itched and burned. The packaging is also a metal tube, so it cracks and breaks over time which isn't cool

on 12/25/2016 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've used this off and on for years, sometimes I don't mind the scent, sometimes I do. It's earthy herbal scent but this is the best hand cream I've used that fixes all the cracks and dryness better than any other cream. It does feel a bit greasy but I use it last thing at night and it heals my hands in the morning.

I've tried to avoid using this because I'm not in the mood for hemp scent lately but nothing I've used has been able to treat my dry winter hands plus over washing like the hemp hand cream.

It comes in a metal tube and screw off cap. That's the other thing is I don't like the packaging. I squeeze it into a body butter container but that exposes it to air and it does go rancid so only do a small bit at a time.

The Body Shop always has promos so I grabbed a few and it's worth joining their membership if you buy a few items a year. This compliments the hemp hand wash very well but for some stupid reason they discontinued it. It's the perfect hand wash that cleans well and doesn't strip your skin dry. The rose hand wash was suggested instead but it doesn't clean as well but it does smell nice.

on 12/25/2016 6:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Surprised at the good reviews.
I am not sensitive to fragrance but I could not sleep after using this hand cream. Extremely heavily scented with perfume high up on the ingredients list. I believe the high content is what made my skin sting from it.
Had to wash it off.