L'Occitane Verbena Body Salt Scrub

L'Occitane Verbena Body Salt Scrub

3.4

on 9/19/2010 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This is a lovely scrub that leaves my skin wonderfully soft, moisturised and smelling beautiful. It's one of the coarser scrubs I've used and is probably best used after you've showered and dried off as the salt will pretty much melt if it comes in contact with water. As such, I do find that it is a bit of a hassle to use this compared to many other exfoliants on the market.

I'm not sure if it's just me, but the salt to oil ratio seems to be a bit off as I seem to have half a jar of semi-dry salt left. Also, at AUD$55, this is by far, the most expensive scrub I've purchased. Though I get great results with this scrub, I would not be inclined to repurchase it because of the price and the hassle involved with using it.

on 12/31/2008 2:54:00 AM

I like this scrub. The scent is invigorating and fresh. There is a general amount of salt and you can get your skin baby smooth. I don't even need to lotion after I'm done with this scrub. The oils are enough to moisten the skin. Until I stumble on something else I like, I think this will be my go to body scrub.

on 6/22/2007 11:57:00 PM

A love this product but do not use it as an all over body scrub but rather on problem areas like feet, elbows, whatever. Or maybe I should say I do not use it on delicate areas like breasts and such. Best to use during a long, luxurious bath, as it is not a shower-friendly package (a glass tub).
I also do not use it all the time b/c of the price, however...
The scent, oh, the scent of verbena is like heaven, it transports me!!!
Rub it in wherever you want, lean back, and give the salt time to dissolve. Can leave on or then wash off with a gentle cleanser or just pat dry.
Best if accompanied with a glass of quality chardonnay.
Enjoy!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I'm not sure why I haven't had much luck at all with L'Occitane scrubs, seeing what favorable experiences I've had with their other bath and body products. I have never been a fan of salt scrubs in general, prefering sugar polishes instead solely for the reason that the latter are a lot more 'scrubby' and do a more thorough job exfoliating. The salt particles in the Verbena scrub are simply too large to engender any effective exfoliation. They don't seem to do anything except slip off my skin. Secondly, this product is more oil than salt and leaves skin feeling uncomfortably greasy after use. It also tends to leave my shower area a lot more grimy and slippery than other scrubs I've tried. The scent too was disapponting, being more Thai lemongrass soup than lemon-verbena. Sharp and tangy, certainly, but without that citrus sweetness that makes verbena the summery delight that it is. The packaging is beautiful but very impractical. The scrub is contained in a heavy glass jar that while certainly very attractive, is in constant danger of slipping through clumsy fingers and shattering. Which brings me to my final gripe: the price. In Australia, this product retails for 55 AUD, considerably pricier than many scrubs on the market. My verdict? An aesthetically beautiful but imminently useless product. Save your money and give the other items in L'Occitane's Verbena range a go, especially the body lotion and body ice-gel. There are much better scrubs around that do a much better job at exfoliating sans the heavy price tag.

on 11/11/2005 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

typical salt scrub with body softening oils with the signature verbena scent. very refreshing to use in the shower. the scrubby salt particles are very big and may be harsh on very sensitive or freshly shaven skin.