L'Occitane Verbena Body Salt Scrub

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
L'Occitane Verbena Body Salt Scrub

3.5

PROS:
~ Very moisturizing
~ Pleasant refreshing scent
~ Effective at exfoliating

CONS:
~ Salt particles are too big
~ Very strong scent
~ Oily

OTHER THOUGHTS:
Overall I like the scrub because it leaves my skins soft and supple and I don't need to use a moisturizer afterwards. This product is a mix of salt and oil and since salt particles are pretty big and heavy, they tend to fall off the skin when scrubbing. Also though pleasant the scent is very strong and long lasting, I can smell it on my towels and sheets 24 hours after using the scrub that seems to be too much for me.

I like a scrub that you can feel the grit without it being painful, have a mild pleasing scent, and does not have too much oil in it that stays on my skin. Read my other scrubs reviews if you like those things, too. I really love the scent of this - it is refreshing but not overwhelming. This does have a fair amount of oil in it, but for some reason it does not linger on your skin like a film, but leaves your skin soft. The grit in the scrub is pretty mediumish - not too gritty - not to smooth. So I love this one!

on 11/7/2006 5:35:00 PM

I can't believe the low rating on this product! The smell is delicious! Its lemony without smelling like cleaning product. The salts are large, but thats the only way to get a good exfoliation . My favorite part about this product is that the oil moisturizes my skin for the next 24 hours, lotion isn't even necessary (though I still use it). I'm not familiar with the other verbena products so I can't compare. Its pricey but definately worth a try! (one minus is that you should never apply it directly after shaving, your skin has tiny cuts and this can sting)

the packaging is not great for the shower as its a heavy glass jar, and i find the smell pretty overwhelming, but it works well as a scrub just not sure its worth the cost!