L'Occitane Verbena Body Salt Scrub

L'Occitane Verbena Body Salt Scrub

1.0

1 review

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I'm not sure why I haven't had much luck at all with L'Occitane scrubs, seeing what favorable experiences I've had with their other bath and body products. I have never been a fan of salt scrubs in general, prefering sugar polishes instead solely for the reason that the latter are a lot more 'scrubby' and do a more thorough job exfoliating. The salt particles in the Verbena scrub are simply too large to engender any effective exfoliation. They don't seem to do anything except slip off my skin. Secondly, this product is more oil than salt and leaves skin feeling uncomfortably greasy after use. It also tends to leave my shower area a lot more grimy and slippery than other scrubs I've tried. The scent too was disapponting, being more Thai lemongrass soup than lemon-verbena. Sharp and tangy, certainly, but without that citrus sweetness that makes verbena the summery delight that it is. The packaging is beautiful but very impractical. The scrub is contained in a heavy glass jar that while certainly very attractive, is in constant danger of slipping through clumsy fingers and shattering. Which brings me to my final gripe: the price. In Australia, this product retails for 55 AUD, considerably pricier than many scrubs on the market. My verdict? An aesthetically beautiful but imminently useless product. Save your money and give the other items in L'Occitane's Verbena range a go, especially the body lotion and body ice-gel. There are much better scrubs around that do a much better job at exfoliating sans the heavy price tag.