L'Occitane Verbena Body Salt Scrub

Filtered by skin type : Combination
L'Occitane Verbena Body Salt Scrub

3.6

PROS:
~ Very moisturizing
~ Pleasant refreshing scent
~ Effective at exfoliating

CONS:
~ Salt particles are too big
~ Very strong scent
~ Oily

OTHER THOUGHTS:
Overall I like the scrub because it leaves my skins soft and supple and I don't need to use a moisturizer afterwards. This product is a mix of salt and oil and since salt particles are pretty big and heavy, they tend to fall off the skin when scrubbing. Also though pleasant the scent is very strong and long lasting, I can smell it on my towels and sheets 24 hours after using the scrub that seems to be too much for me.

on 9/19/2010 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This is a lovely scrub that leaves my skin wonderfully soft, moisturised and smelling beautiful. It's one of the coarser scrubs I've used and is probably best used after you've showered and dried off as the salt will pretty much melt if it comes in contact with water. As such, I do find that it is a bit of a hassle to use this compared to many other exfoliants on the market.

I'm not sure if it's just me, but the salt to oil ratio seems to be a bit off as I seem to have half a jar of semi-dry salt left. Also, at AUD$55, this is by far, the most expensive scrub I've purchased. Though I get great results with this scrub, I would not be inclined to repurchase it because of the price and the hassle involved with using it.

on 8/15/2010 5:54:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

The #1 plus about this product...it has significantly diminished my KERATOSIS PILARIS on the backs of my arms and legs.

Other positives:
- Baby smooth skin
- Great scent
- Will not make you slip and fall! (some scrubs I have used in the past are very oily and made my shower slippery! Eek!)

How I use the product:
- I use somewhere between a teaspoon and tablespoon amount every day
- I apply the first half of the mixture to the backs of my arms (the key is to do this when they are dry) I very gently rub the scrub...do not press hard!
- I apply the other half to the effected areas on my legs...same as arms...on dry skin, very gently
- I hop in the shower and rinse it off
- After my shower, I use Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Lotion

on 12/31/2008 2:54:00 AM

I like this scrub. The scent is invigorating and fresh. There is a general amount of salt and you can get your skin baby smooth. I don't even need to lotion after I'm done with this scrub. The oils are enough to moisten the skin. Until I stumble on something else I like, I think this will be my go to body scrub.

on 6/22/2007 11:57:00 PM

A love this product but do not use it as an all over body scrub but rather on problem areas like feet, elbows, whatever. Or maybe I should say I do not use it on delicate areas like breasts and such. Best to use during a long, luxurious bath, as it is not a shower-friendly package (a glass tub).
I also do not use it all the time b/c of the price, however...
The scent, oh, the scent of verbena is like heaven, it transports me!!!
Rub it in wherever you want, lean back, and give the salt time to dissolve. Can leave on or then wash off with a gentle cleanser or just pat dry.
Best if accompanied with a glass of quality chardonnay.
Enjoy!!!

Just tried a Sephora sample of it tonight. Loved the scent, loved how moisturizing it was. The pieces of salt are very large and the scrub did sting on my legs a bit. It was a decent scrub and I felt refreshed and softer afterward. However, it didn't stand out as anything special to me and because of its rather high price, I won't be purchasing it. I'd use a sample again, though.

on 9/16/2006 10:38:00 AM

This was terrible! Honestly, I like a "scrubby" body scrub but this just HURTS. The biggest, sharpest sea salt crystals imaginable, with some oil. Thankfully I only tried a sample. The smell was actually OK, not the same as the verbena shower gel but OK. But I didn't even dare scrub properly because of the scratchy crystals. First of all because the salt crystals are so big, you have to use loads of product. Then most of them go flying off anyway into the shower curtain and the bottom of the bath, so you're left with very few, very big nasty crystals... not good. At least the oil made my skin feel soft. Thumbs down for this one.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I wanted this because I adore the scent of lemon verbena. The scrub is poorly packaged as it is a heavy glass container. Not something you want to drop on your foot in the shower. It is a coarse salt scrub with a blend of oils. Probablly not for sensitive skin types. Overall, it is a nice scrub with a refreshing scent and does not leave a heavy oil residue on skin once rinsed off. Comes with a cute wooden scoop.