L'Occitane Verbena Body Salt Scrub

L'Occitane Verbena Body Salt Scrub

3.4

I like a scrub that you can feel the grit without it being painful, have a mild pleasing scent, and does not have too much oil in it that stays on my skin. Read my other scrubs reviews if you like those things, too. I really love the scent of this - it is refreshing but not overwhelming. This does have a fair amount of oil in it, but for some reason it does not linger on your skin like a film, but leaves your skin soft. The grit in the scrub is pretty mediumish - not too gritty - not to smooth. So I love this one!

on 4/13/2014 8:01:00 AM

The granules are too big and harsh. It's not easy to use because I find that it tends of slip off the skin and is very hard to keep on the skin when exfoliating.

It does smell nice though and my skin feels lightly moisturised after.

on 8/15/2010 5:54:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

The #1 plus about this product...it has significantly diminished my KERATOSIS PILARIS on the backs of my arms and legs.

Other positives:
- Baby smooth skin
- Great scent
- Will not make you slip and fall! (some scrubs I have used in the past are very oily and made my shower slippery! Eek!)

How I use the product:
- I use somewhere between a teaspoon and tablespoon amount every day
- I apply the first half of the mixture to the backs of my arms (the key is to do this when they are dry) I very gently rub the scrub...do not press hard!
- I apply the other half to the effected areas on my legs...same as arms...on dry skin, very gently
- I hop in the shower and rinse it off
- After my shower, I use Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Lotion

on 6/22/2007 11:57:00 PM

A love this product but do not use it as an all over body scrub but rather on problem areas like feet, elbows, whatever. Or maybe I should say I do not use it on delicate areas like breasts and such. Best to use during a long, luxurious bath, as it is not a shower-friendly package (a glass tub).
I also do not use it all the time b/c of the price, however...
The scent, oh, the scent of verbena is like heaven, it transports me!!!
Rub it in wherever you want, lean back, and give the salt time to dissolve. Can leave on or then wash off with a gentle cleanser or just pat dry.
Best if accompanied with a glass of quality chardonnay.
Enjoy!!!

on 12/11/2006 7:23:00 PM

I recently got a sample of this from Sephora. I love the refreshing smell and it is really moisturizing, but I would never purchase it because at $30 bucks a tub, it is just way to expensive. The Bath and Body Works Orange Ginger scrub is very close in smell and consistency ( the grains are slightly smaller though ) to L'Occitane's scrub, and during their sale it is much cheaper. I will use up my sample and will not be purchasing.

on 11/7/2006 5:35:00 PM

I can't believe the low rating on this product! The smell is delicious! Its lemony without smelling like cleaning product. The salts are large, but thats the only way to get a good exfoliation . My favorite part about this product is that the oil moisturizes my skin for the next 24 hours, lotion isn't even necessary (though I still use it). I'm not familiar with the other verbena products so I can't compare. Its pricey but definately worth a try! (one minus is that you should never apply it directly after shaving, your skin has tiny cuts and this can sting)

PROS:
~ Very moisturizing
~ Pleasant refreshing scent
~ Effective at exfoliating

CONS:
~ Salt particles are too big
~ Very strong scent
~ Oily

OTHER THOUGHTS:
Overall I like the scrub because it leaves my skins soft and supple and I don't need to use a moisturizer afterwards. This product is a mix of salt and oil and since salt particles are pretty big and heavy, they tend to fall off the skin when scrubbing. Also though pleasant the scent is very strong and long lasting, I can smell it on my towels and sheets 24 hours after using the scrub that seems to be too much for me.

on 9/19/2010 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This is a lovely scrub that leaves my skin wonderfully soft, moisturised and smelling beautiful. It's one of the coarser scrubs I've used and is probably best used after you've showered and dried off as the salt will pretty much melt if it comes in contact with water. As such, I do find that it is a bit of a hassle to use this compared to many other exfoliants on the market.

I'm not sure if it's just me, but the salt to oil ratio seems to be a bit off as I seem to have half a jar of semi-dry salt left. Also, at AUD$55, this is by far, the most expensive scrub I've purchased. Though I get great results with this scrub, I would not be inclined to repurchase it because of the price and the hassle involved with using it.

on 12/31/2008 2:54:00 AM

I like this scrub. The scent is invigorating and fresh. There is a general amount of salt and you can get your skin baby smooth. I don't even need to lotion after I'm done with this scrub. The oils are enough to moisten the skin. Until I stumble on something else I like, I think this will be my go to body scrub.

on 2/10/2007 5:37:00 AM

I am surprised to read the negative comments here.
i uses this salt scrub once a week, I rub it over my dry body and i take a bath for 20 minutes
I love the smell of the salt dissolving in the water and the scrub leaves my skin so soft and clean. I feel like my skin is reborn
I bought the scrub in a L Occitance outlet shop near London for only 11 and the big chunky glass jar (which looks nice to me) will last around 6 months.
Love it and will defintely rebuy, but I fear since it has been shipped to outlet shop that it will be discontinued soon.....