L'Occitane Verbena Body Salt Scrub

L'Occitane Verbena Body Salt Scrub

3.4

on 11/11/2005 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

typical salt scrub with body softening oils with the signature verbena scent. very refreshing to use in the shower. the scrubby salt particles are very big and may be harsh on very sensitive or freshly shaven skin.

the packaging is not great for the shower as its a heavy glass jar, and i find the smell pretty overwhelming, but it works well as a scrub just not sure its worth the cost!

on 6/1/2006 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this product becuase i really liked the verbena scent and wanted a scrub that would match the smell. The packaging is kinda of cool it comes with a wooden spoon which i think its quite helpful so you dont have to put your hands in the jar.

The smell was a bit off though... no quite the same as the other verbena products. This one seemed to have a much more lemony fragrance than the others so i was a bit disspointed. You do however get a good scrub because the salt are big and dont dissolve very fast and also the oils soften your skin pretty well.

I wouldnt reccomend this to people who have very thin or sensetive skin.. becuase you might feel the salt sting. My boyfriend tried it and it stung his nipples and it also stung the tops of my feet.

I said i wouldnt buy this again becuaes of its price and the off smell but i might if i get tired of another.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I wanted this because I adore the scent of lemon verbena. The scrub is poorly packaged as it is a heavy glass container. Not something you want to drop on your foot in the shower. It is a coarse salt scrub with a blend of oils. Probablly not for sensitive skin types. Overall, it is a nice scrub with a refreshing scent and does not leave a heavy oil residue on skin once rinsed off. Comes with a cute wooden scoop.

on 9/16/2006 10:38:00 AM

This was terrible! Honestly, I like a "scrubby" body scrub but this just HURTS. The biggest, sharpest sea salt crystals imaginable, with some oil. Thankfully I only tried a sample. The smell was actually OK, not the same as the verbena shower gel but OK. But I didn't even dare scrub properly because of the scratchy crystals. First of all because the salt crystals are so big, you have to use loads of product. Then most of them go flying off anyway into the shower curtain and the bottom of the bath, so you're left with very few, very big nasty crystals... not good. At least the oil made my skin feel soft. Thumbs down for this one.

on 11/7/2006 5:35:00 PM

I can't believe the low rating on this product! The smell is delicious! Its lemony without smelling like cleaning product. The salts are large, but thats the only way to get a good exfoliation . My favorite part about this product is that the oil moisturizes my skin for the next 24 hours, lotion isn't even necessary (though I still use it). I'm not familiar with the other verbena products so I can't compare. Its pricey but definately worth a try! (one minus is that you should never apply it directly after shaving, your skin has tiny cuts and this can sting)

on 12/11/2006 7:23:00 PM

I recently got a sample of this from Sephora. I love the refreshing smell and it is really moisturizing, but I would never purchase it because at $30 bucks a tub, it is just way to expensive. The Bath and Body Works Orange Ginger scrub is very close in smell and consistency ( the grains are slightly smaller though ) to L'Occitane's scrub, and during their sale it is much cheaper. I will use up my sample and will not be purchasing.

Just tried a Sephora sample of it tonight. Loved the scent, loved how moisturizing it was. The pieces of salt are very large and the scrub did sting on my legs a bit. It was a decent scrub and I felt refreshed and softer afterward. However, it didn't stand out as anything special to me and because of its rather high price, I won't be purchasing it. I'd use a sample again, though.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I'm not sure why I haven't had much luck at all with L'Occitane scrubs, seeing what favorable experiences I've had with their other bath and body products. I have never been a fan of salt scrubs in general, prefering sugar polishes instead solely for the reason that the latter are a lot more 'scrubby' and do a more thorough job exfoliating. The salt particles in the Verbena scrub are simply too large to engender any effective exfoliation. They don't seem to do anything except slip off my skin. Secondly, this product is more oil than salt and leaves skin feeling uncomfortably greasy after use. It also tends to leave my shower area a lot more grimy and slippery than other scrubs I've tried. The scent too was disapponting, being more Thai lemongrass soup than lemon-verbena. Sharp and tangy, certainly, but without that citrus sweetness that makes verbena the summery delight that it is. The packaging is beautiful but very impractical. The scrub is contained in a heavy glass jar that while certainly very attractive, is in constant danger of slipping through clumsy fingers and shattering. Which brings me to my final gripe: the price. In Australia, this product retails for 55 AUD, considerably pricier than many scrubs on the market. My verdict? An aesthetically beautiful but imminently useless product. Save your money and give the other items in L'Occitane's Verbena range a go, especially the body lotion and body ice-gel. There are much better scrubs around that do a much better job at exfoliating sans the heavy price tag.

on 2/10/2007 5:37:00 AM

I am surprised to read the negative comments here.
i uses this salt scrub once a week, I rub it over my dry body and i take a bath for 20 minutes
I love the smell of the salt dissolving in the water and the scrub leaves my skin so soft and clean. I feel like my skin is reborn
I bought the scrub in a L Occitance outlet shop near London for only 11 and the big chunky glass jar (which looks nice to me) will last around 6 months.
Love it and will defintely rebuy, but I fear since it has been shipped to outlet shop that it will be discontinued soon.....