Model in a Bottle

Filtered by eye Color : Green
 Model in a Bottle

3.6

SD Alcohol 40B, Purified Water, Isopentildyol, Acrylates/Octacrylamide Copolymer, Aloe Barbadensis Gel (aloe vera), Biosaccharide Gum-1, Propylaparaben, Methlyparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS STUFF! I am a makeup artist with super duper sensitive combo skin (with a touch of psoriasis on my cheeks). I used to have to touch-up my makeup several times a day...NOT ANYMORE! I do my makeup once, spray this stuff on (4 sprays) and I don't think about it for the rest of the day! I no longer have to worry about getting makeup on other peoples clothes when I hug them either! I have given away several bottles of this stuff to friends and they love it too!

2 things:
1) yes, it stings a tiny bit (however, it might be my super sensitive skin), but it's not bad at all!
2) be aware of your surroundings when you spray this...it tends to stick to mirrors, phones, glass, etc. and is hard to get off. It also has a lite hairspray effect when it gets on your hair. It's not bad, though. Honestly.

Try it, you won't be disappointed!

On a side note: I've tried UD de-slick and was disappointed. I also tried the setting sprays from Victoria's Secret and e.l.f. and was no where near as impressed as I am with the Model in a Bottle.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Cons:
In my case, the spray pump didn't deliver a fine mist like it's supposed to - rather, it often shot a thin stream of the product in some random direction, usually not anywhere near my face.
With almost every day use and a wonky sprayer, Model in a Bottle didn't last more than 3 weeks.
Pretty costly, especially when it doesn't last long.
Spray pump broke after a week (replaced with with a clean hairspray pump - worked better after that).

Pros:
I found that Model in a Bottle works well if I use it first as a primer (mist my face before putting on make-up) and then spray again after my make-up has been applied.

Works reasonably well; my make-up lasts a couple of hours longer than normal.

However, having my make-up last a couple of hours longer isn't really worth the cost, particularly with international shipping and definitely not if hairspray does a similar job.

I ordered this online and tested it out the first time while trying on wedding gowns, and really by the end of the day, my makeup was actually as fresh looking at 1 am as it was at 1 pm! One problem, I broke out in a wicked rash over my entire face. It is strong, (I hate lavender, personally) Also, it does feel like hairspray. I continued to use it, lol, and my skin adjusted to it, and no more reactions. I did wear this on my wedding day, and am thankful that I did.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wanted this product to do what it says it does so badly! A product like that would be an amazing asset to my makeup bag, but unfortunately model in a bottle did not live up to all the hype. I am more than half way through the bottle, I use it usually just for special occassions, dates, long days where I won't be able to touch up my makeup a lot, ect. I literally noticed NOTHING. Some other reviewers said it stung, which I didn't really have a problem with, but then again, my skin is far from sensitive. The bottle was also really messy (I did get it on Ebay, to be fair) it was okay at first, now it's kinda leaky and sticky near the top which makes it a little bit hard to get the cap off. One thing I do like is the smell, call me crazy but I think it smells like Chanel Chance! The bottle is really cute, and it should be considering the price. I would not purchase the product again, it may work for Oprah, but it does nothing for me!

on 8/27/2007 7:03:00 AM

This made my mmu look wonderful, it melded everything together. It really did make everything last all day, even eyeshadow and blush (which always fades on me after about 4 hours). I haven't had any problems with my sensitve, cystic-acne prone skin. Will definately repurchase.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools