Model in a Bottle

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
 Model in a Bottle

3.3

SD Alcohol 40B, Purified Water, Isopentildyol, Acrylates/Octacrylamide Copolymer, Aloe Barbadensis Gel (aloe vera), Biosaccharide Gum-1, Propylaparaben, Methlyparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Let me just say I'm all about the makeup setting sprays. I have combo/oily acne-prone skin and prefer a full-coverage foundation, but there is nothing more IRRITATING than having your flawless face rub, sweat, and smear off during the day. That being said I have tried many setting sprays (skindinavia, nyx, UD), but this is by far my favorite. This spray feels a bit sticky or hairspray-esque shortly after application, but after a few minutes that feeling disappears and you are left with a natural-looking and natural-feeling face. I wouldn't say this is "matte" as the bottle suggests-- I think it just reinforces the finish of the foundation you have on under it, if that makes sense. This product makes my face (foundation, concealer, blush, contour, highlight, brows, eyeshadow, and even LIPSTICK) last until I choose to take it off AND controls my oily t-zone. The price for this product is very reasonable, but I do have one complaint-- the packaging. Even after reformulating and switching the bottle over to a plastic one instead of the old glass one, this bottle still sprays sooo poorly! I have to spray a couple spritzes out into the air before spraying the product onto my face because the first couple "spritzes" are more like heavy streams of huge droplets that I am afraid will ruin my makeup and make it look spotty. Naturally, this bothers me because I am wasting product because of the bad packaging :( BUT, all other issues aside, I really like the product itself for its makeup-prolonging qualities.

on 8/1/2013 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Ordered on Amazon after seeing a youtuber who liked it. Amazon considers this "hazardous" which I think is just for shipping purposes or something, but still scares me. I have used Urban Decay's all nighter and De-Slick and was hoping this would be better as I think the UD's break me out. I used the spray about three times and each time was not good. It did nothing. Did not create a matte finish and stung. Yuck.

Love! This stuff works. I spray a few pumps after I apply my makeup before I apply mascara. My makeup lasts and lasts until I wash it off in the evening. No touchups! Blot maybe once in the mid afternoon. I've had no problems with the pump. Sprays a fine mist that covers my whole face. Took one lippie off for smell and it does burn the eyes a bit. Just keep them closed for about thirty seconds after spraying and you'll be fine. I choose to apply mascara after since I have a tendency to not have patience and not let my mascara dry properly.

I bought this to try out before my wedding in September (yes, it's still several months away, but what can I say? I'm a planner). I've only used it a couple of times and I've noticed a significant difference in how long my makeup stays. I still have to use oil absorbing sheets in my t-zone towards the middle of the day, but the overall look of my foundation and blush looked great, and it's GREAT for eye makeup. Two things I've noticed in the other reviews that might be helpful:
- I found Model in a Bottle on Amazon for $11. That's the price of a good bottle of hairspray, so it's worth trying out. I think I even got free shipping thrown in...
- Get someone else to spray it on your face. I've done it myself several times and I feels a little heavy on my face; I had a friend in town to go to a St. Paddy's Day parade and she sprayed it on my face and it felt much better and my makeup stayed put all day--- and outside in a parade in the deep south-- that's saying something... Just be sure to keep your eyes closed until it feels dry on your face.

on 9/23/2011 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Not a fan of this product. It felt very sticky when I sprayed it on my face, and there was no significant improvement with my makeup's staying power. Urban Decay's works much better than this, and I don't feel like I've attacked myself with hairspray.

on 4/22/2010 1:42:00 AM

Today is the first full day of trying this product and I am completely in love! Normally by this stage of the day my makeup has all but disappeared but with this product it still looks just as good as when I applied it, a good 8 hours ago now. Nothing has melted away at all. I have a very oily T-zone and have only felt the need to lightly dab my nose with a bit of blotting paper so far today - usually I would have had to blot my nose, chin and forehead once or more likely twice by this stage. My only critcism is price (though I am in Australia so it's a bit more expensive over here) but I think I might buy it on Ebay next time, and also the glass bottle - I have ceramic basins and tiled floor in my bathroom (not an uncommon combination!) and I have been known to drop things occasionally - a potential disaster waiting to happen methinks. I also bought the Model in a Bottle Eyebrow sealer and I'm loving that too - not a stray eyebrow hair to be seen, also after 8 hours wear.

on 7/30/2009 9:25:00 PM

I'm also very surprised by the ratings of this product. I love it. It does have its drawbacks though, such as the very hairspray like smell and initial feel. But that dissipates quickly and its all fine. It helps my makeup stay on forever. As the prev poster wrote, it will not look like I applied it all ten minutes ago, it shows some signs of wear. But its a million times better than if I had not worn it at all in this humidity! I used to use bronzer and by the time I got to work, it was gone. Now I get home from a full day of work, and I still look bronzy! Wish it wasnt a glass bottle however!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools