Model in a Bottle

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
 Model in a Bottle

2.1

SD Alcohol 40B, Purified Water, Isopentildyol, Acrylates/Octacrylamide Copolymer, Aloe Barbadensis Gel (aloe vera), Biosaccharide Gum-1, Propylaparaben, Methlyparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance

on 12/21/2013 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I wanted to like this because it was a gift from my sister but unfortunately I did not. Let me start off with the packaging. It looks cute but when I tried to spray it on my face the nozzle did not "spritz" the product it gushed it out in a straight stream and it sprayed way too much, perhaps a defect so I transferred the product on to a different bottle and it did not set my make up or make it last longer. It also smells like hairspray. Its like I sprayed hair spray on my face...not good. I would not recommend this product

on 8/1/2013 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Ordered on Amazon after seeing a youtuber who liked it. Amazon considers this "hazardous" which I think is just for shipping purposes or something, but still scares me. I have used Urban Decay's all nighter and De-Slick and was hoping this would be better as I think the UD's break me out. I used the spray about three times and each time was not good. It did nothing. Did not create a matte finish and stung. Yuck.

on 6/18/2013 11:53:00 PM

I ordered this on Amazon after hearing great reviews on it, not to mention the cute bottle it comes in, I was sold. I was so excited to try it out. I wanted to love it SO badly, but besides the fact that is burned my eyes SO badly, it really did nothing for me. Obviously I closed my eyes and sprayed very minimally, waited a few seconds before opening my eyes and it just completely burned so bad. Maybe it's just my skin but I ended up giving it to my sister and it seemed fine for her.

I wanted to love Model in a Bottle so much. SO MUCH. I ordered it from Amazon, and the screw-top was busted so I only received about half of a bottle. The package was so sticky and smelled to the high heavens of this product, ick! It reminded me of Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea perfume. Anyway, I ended up pouring the remaining half of the bottle into a dollar-store travel spray bottle. I never used the glass bottle and its nozzle since the bottle was so sticky. I've heard that Model in a Bottle is similar to unscented aerosol hairspray... which I supposed makes up for its kind of tacky texture. It didn't smell as bad when I let it sit for a few days and finally decided to use it. I used it yesterday when I decided to put this product to the test on a mini shopping trip. I left at 12:30pm and came home five hours later. My face looked pretty flawless after the first hour. However, no sooner after the first hour did my face start getting the shinies, even though Model in the Bottle claims to be a mattifier! I was so mad, since everyone claims this product to be an all-day miracle and I left my blotting sheets and powders behind after putting my trust into this stuff. So, for the remainder of my trip, I looked horrible. I tried blending the make-up in, but the product is sticky and holds the make-up in place to the point where my streaky foundation did NOT budge. It looked like my make-up was almost bleeding. I wasn't sweating nor did I get wet. So, needless to say, I am super disappointed after spending a good $15 on this stuff.

Love! This stuff works. I spray a few pumps after I apply my makeup before I apply mascara. My makeup lasts and lasts until I wash it off in the evening. No touchups! Blot maybe once in the mid afternoon. I've had no problems with the pump. Sprays a fine mist that covers my whole face. Took one lippie off for smell and it does burn the eyes a bit. Just keep them closed for about thirty seconds after spraying and you'll be fine. I choose to apply mascara after since I have a tendency to not have patience and not let my mascara dry properly.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

These comments are really wrong! The only reason the product isn't spraying properly is because you aren't pressing down completely and without hesitation. If you hesitate when spraying, it comes out kind of like a squirt gun. But, if you spray it quckly all the way it sprays like a mist and sets your makeup perfectly.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I do ballroom dance, so I definitely need my makeup to endure a workout. I've tried several makeup fixatives (Urban Decay All Nighter; Make Up For Ever Mix & Fix; even [carefully!] spraying a bit of hairspray on my face), and while Model in a Bottle has its drawbacks, it's the strongest of anything I've used yet. As others have noted, it's quite pricey, and due to the package design, it sprays heavily and runs out very quickly.

It claims to be a "matte finish," but I actually found it made my face look dewy -- it might have just been drawing out the shimmer in my blush, though. It definitely takes away any cakiness from powder or foundation and seemed to automatically blend everything together -- nice and smooth and airbrushed. Since I have an oily T-zone, I just put a bit of powder over it once the spray had dried, and that mattified it pretty well.

I have oily skin that can take a lot of punishment, so I didn't find this to be drying or painful. It definitely has a super-strong chemical scent, though -- to be expected, since the main ingredient is alcohol. When they say wait 30 seconds before opening your eyes, they MEAN it -- if you get impatient, it really stings!

Overall, I don't regret my purchase, but since it's so expensive, and since it seems to have such poor economy, I'll try a few more fixatives before buying again.

EDIT: All right, I've compared the ingredients list of Model in a Bottle to the ingredients in hairspray (Big Sexy Spray & Play, to be specific, but it'll go the same for pretty much any kind of hairspray) and grilled my brother (who has a degree in chemistry) about it. The active ingredient in both of them are copolymers, which is to say adhesive. Flexible, elasticized adhesive. So yes, the previous reviews are correct, and Model in a Bottle is just overpriced hairspray dressed up in an inefficient package. I'm knocking off another lippie for the price, now.

Bottom line: it DOES work, but so will a $2.00 can of AquaNet.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wanted this product to do what it says it does so badly! A product like that would be an amazing asset to my makeup bag, but unfortunately model in a bottle did not live up to all the hype. I am more than half way through the bottle, I use it usually just for special occassions, dates, long days where I won't be able to touch up my makeup a lot, ect. I literally noticed NOTHING. Some other reviewers said it stung, which I didn't really have a problem with, but then again, my skin is far from sensitive. The bottle was also really messy (I did get it on Ebay, to be fair) it was okay at first, now it's kinda leaky and sticky near the top which makes it a little bit hard to get the cap off. One thing I do like is the smell, call me crazy but I think it smells like Chanel Chance! The bottle is really cute, and it should be considering the price. I would not purchase the product again, it may work for Oprah, but it does nothing for me!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools