Model in a Bottle

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
 Model in a Bottle

2.5

SD Alcohol 40B, Purified Water, Isopentildyol, Acrylates/Octacrylamide Copolymer, Aloe Barbadensis Gel (aloe vera), Biosaccharide Gum-1, Propylaparaben, Methlyparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance

on 6/18/2013 11:53:00 PM

I ordered this on Amazon after hearing great reviews on it, not to mention the cute bottle it comes in, I was sold. I was so excited to try it out. I wanted to love it SO badly, but besides the fact that is burned my eyes SO badly, it really did nothing for me. Obviously I closed my eyes and sprayed very minimally, waited a few seconds before opening my eyes and it just completely burned so bad. Maybe it's just my skin but I ended up giving it to my sister and it seemed fine for her.

I wanted to love Model in a Bottle so much. SO MUCH. I ordered it from Amazon, and the screw-top was busted so I only received about half of a bottle. The package was so sticky and smelled to the high heavens of this product, ick! It reminded me of Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea perfume. Anyway, I ended up pouring the remaining half of the bottle into a dollar-store travel spray bottle. I never used the glass bottle and its nozzle since the bottle was so sticky. I've heard that Model in a Bottle is similar to unscented aerosol hairspray... which I supposed makes up for its kind of tacky texture. It didn't smell as bad when I let it sit for a few days and finally decided to use it. I used it yesterday when I decided to put this product to the test on a mini shopping trip. I left at 12:30pm and came home five hours later. My face looked pretty flawless after the first hour. However, no sooner after the first hour did my face start getting the shinies, even though Model in the Bottle claims to be a mattifier! I was so mad, since everyone claims this product to be an all-day miracle and I left my blotting sheets and powders behind after putting my trust into this stuff. So, for the remainder of my trip, I looked horrible. I tried blending the make-up in, but the product is sticky and holds the make-up in place to the point where my streaky foundation did NOT budge. It looked like my make-up was almost bleeding. I wasn't sweating nor did I get wet. So, needless to say, I am super disappointed after spending a good $15 on this stuff.

on 2/4/2013 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I AM IN LOVE! I ordered this online from the model in a bottle website and was disappointed when it arrived in the mail. The bottle would not spray....I looked at it closer and the tube that sucks up the product had a hole in it. Not impressed, but not a big deal. I just went to the dollar store and picked up a new spray bottle.
The product itself is honestly AMAZING. I have gotten compliments on how my makeup looks after a long day at school, when usually even with a primer and foundation it was melted off by the end.
I have SUPER oily skin in some spots, and dry patches in other areas, this product keeps me shine free ALL DAY, and believe me I've tried everything and this is the only one that works!
PROS:
Keeps your makeup lasting ALL DAY!
Drys quickly
Doesn't leave your face feeling heavy or sticky
Does not dry out face
Controls oil like no other product
CONS:
Burns a little bit when you first spray
Smells strong at first but fades quickly

I would recommend this product 110%

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If you are allergic to heavy fumes, please be cautious! This is more like intended to be used as perfume or something! I am heavily allergic to strong scent and the only reason I bought it was because it was advertised as "fragrance-free" on amazon.

I heard so many good reviews about this product, so I decided to buy it to try it out. Let's just say it's more like disaster in a bottle..first i put on my makeup as usual and then i went to spray my face just as the directions said. It claims to come out in a "nice mist", um no it was more like a "nice squirt gun to the face" and it shot directly into my eye and started burning. so then since i couldn't open my eyes from the burn, my eye makeup started to run all down my face so then by the time my eyes stopped burning my makeup was all dripping down my face. I can honestly say my makeup looked way better before i put this on my face. It has an extremely strong smell of alcohol which made me question if this was even healthy to put on my skin? (i doubt it) and besides the nasty smell it wreaked of, it burned as soon as it touched my face. & it made my face oily. My face looked better before i even put this product on. Honestly not a difference. & it's expensive, especially for something that doesn't work, don't waste your money. Better off sticking to just doing makeup. I'd rather do touchups every 5 min than deal with all that. It's very obvious that this product was made by some lady trying to find a way to get rich fast, and it works because people buy into it.

UPDATE: I took out the original pump this came with, and i replaced it with a cleaned out hairspray pump that misted instead of "squirting" out at me.....& it still sucks. I honestly look better without this on my face. & also, i went to sephora to test out the setting spray from urban decay, & IT WORKS 100 X BETTER! As soon as the lady sprayed it on my face there was noo smell at all, NO ALCOHOL, & it didn't feel sticky at all...& I'am happy to say my face did not get oily at all! wayyy better product. so i would definitely reccommend trying out the one from urban decay, i'm going to return "disaster in a bottle" for the urban decay one.

So I bought this spray even with the not-so-positive reviews becasue I was pretty desperate. I work long hours with children (who also love to touch my face) and I was so unhappy seeing that my make up was rubbing off (even using MAC fix plus). So I decided to give it a shot. I have to say that it technically does work. My make up stayed on much longer than it use to. However, for me it doesnt stay on "all day" as the website claims. I started using it for those extra long days or weekend nights out and looking back at the pictures, my makeup is still kept in place. The actual spray is terrible. It doesnt spray out evenly and so I find myself spraying it on several times to attempt for an even coat. The glass bottle is fine, it doesnt really bother me. Recently I have started using it everyday and almost out of my current bottle. I plan on repurchasing. Although Im not in love with the product, it does seem to help and has become a staple in my makeup collection.

on 12/14/2009 3:47:00 AM

I ordered this products from its original website.
Received this products after 2weeks. After I opened the package I realized that no bubble wrap were used for wrap this products ( I ordered 2bottle ), no Fragile Sign wrote on the box package, and one of the bottle are broken and empty.
I was really dissapoint by these facts. How come they wrapped international package in such way.
For the products I find the perfumes were very discomforting, it smells so strong. And the result is not as good as it reviewed. I dont know, I still had the same oily skin when I used this products, and I had breakouts.
Not recommending this products especially if you live outside US and want it shipped internationaly.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought this product for an upcoming company Christmas party. Because I was helping to manage the party, I know I'm going to be running around all day with no time to apply my makeup for the party. If I put it on in the morning, it would need to stay for 12 hours. I bought a bottle of this off Amazon just to try out and I was pleasantly surprised by the results despite the negative reviews. I have dry, fairly sensitive skin with oily lids. I put my makeup on in the morning and gave a light once-over with MiaB before heading to work. I checked my face once I got home and everything, even my blush and contour, were still perfectly in place like I had just put it on an hour before. My only negative impression about this product is that if you have dry skin and don't hardcore moisturize your face first, it will make your skin look dry (but not patchy, thankfully). Fix+ occasionally throughout the day minimized this effect, however.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wanted this product to do what it says it does so badly! A product like that would be an amazing asset to my makeup bag, but unfortunately model in a bottle did not live up to all the hype. I am more than half way through the bottle, I use it usually just for special occassions, dates, long days where I won't be able to touch up my makeup a lot, ect. I literally noticed NOTHING. Some other reviewers said it stung, which I didn't really have a problem with, but then again, my skin is far from sensitive. The bottle was also really messy (I did get it on Ebay, to be fair) it was okay at first, now it's kinda leaky and sticky near the top which makes it a little bit hard to get the cap off. One thing I do like is the smell, call me crazy but I think it smells like Chanel Chance! The bottle is really cute, and it should be considering the price. I would not purchase the product again, it may work for Oprah, but it does nothing for me!

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This product does not live up to its hype. It did very little to make my MMU last all day. I used the sensitive skin formula and it aggravated my rosacea. The packaging is the pits, too. Near the end of the bottle the sprayer stopped working, and since its bottled in glass, makes it tricky to take with you when traveling. For those of you who like this product, you can purchase two bottles for $40 some dollars at overstock.com.

I'll tell you what works for me: Aerosol antiperspirant. Yes, you read correctly. Aerosol antiperspirant. Sure Aerosol Antiperspirant, UNCSCENTED. Or any brand - make sure its unscented. My HG. I got this tip from a beauty/fashion book I bought a few years ago. Supposedly this is what women who live in the south use to set their makeup so they're not dripping in perspiration all day in the humid weather. Using this to set my makeup (I use MMU) not only keeps my face nice & dry, I don't have to blot my face multiple times a day - down to once or maybe twice a day now (my skin is combo, very oily t-zone), my crater-sized pores are non-existent, and I have the just made-up look all day. All this for $4.00 bucks a can that lasts for month. After applying your makeup, wait a couple of minutes for mascara to dry completely. Shake the can really good, hold it at arm's length, and spray on your face LIGHTLY, avoiding the eye area. Be sure you use a very light hand when you spray; otherwise you will end up with white powdery stuff on your face. I count to 2 and stop.

Be sure to use a very good makeup remover; I use DHC's cleansing oil, which does a great job at removing makeup. Your face will feel gritty as you wash off your makeup. I then follow up with Avene gel cleanser for normal/sensitve skin.

Another bonus: My rosacea is not affected by using aerosol antiperspirant. In fact, the small, cystic like bumps I used to get with Model in a Bottle is non-existent since I've been using antiperspirant as a makeup finisher. Fabulous!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools