Model in a Bottle

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
 Model in a Bottle

3.1

SD Alcohol 40B, Purified Water, Isopentildyol, Acrylates/Octacrylamide Copolymer, Aloe Barbadensis Gel (aloe vera), Biosaccharide Gum-1, Propylaparaben, Methlyparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

I wanted to love this so much lol.

On occasions that I did try to use this for an all night event it did work some times. However, it caused severe dry patches and a rashy appearance to my skin the next day.

Since then I have found another cheap drugstore brand that works and does not dry the hell out of my skin. Looking back at the alcohol content I can't believe I ever abused myself with the stuff.

I'm guessing this would be better for those with really oily skin. I have combination oily/dry and it did me no favours.

on 9/10/2011 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I didn't care for this product.......makes your face sticky and I feel it causes breakouts. Did the makeup stay?... probably but I was so distracted by the breakouts it caused I didn't really pay attention to the makeup staying power.

It's a nice, cute bottle.. if you don't have acne prone or sensitive skin, it may work for you.....

So I bought this spray even with the not-so-positive reviews becasue I was pretty desperate. I work long hours with children (who also love to touch my face) and I was so unhappy seeing that my make up was rubbing off (even using MAC fix plus). So I decided to give it a shot. I have to say that it technically does work. My make up stayed on much longer than it use to. However, for me it doesnt stay on "all day" as the website claims. I started using it for those extra long days or weekend nights out and looking back at the pictures, my makeup is still kept in place. The actual spray is terrible. It doesnt spray out evenly and so I find myself spraying it on several times to attempt for an even coat. The glass bottle is fine, it doesnt really bother me. Recently I have started using it everyday and almost out of my current bottle. I plan on repurchasing. Although Im not in love with the product, it does seem to help and has become a staple in my makeup collection.

on 7/30/2009 9:25:00 PM

I'm also very surprised by the ratings of this product. I love it. It does have its drawbacks though, such as the very hairspray like smell and initial feel. But that dissipates quickly and its all fine. It helps my makeup stay on forever. As the prev poster wrote, it will not look like I applied it all ten minutes ago, it shows some signs of wear. But its a million times better than if I had not worn it at all in this humidity! I used to use bronzer and by the time I got to work, it was gone. Now I get home from a full day of work, and I still look bronzy! Wish it wasnt a glass bottle however!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I'm surprised at the bad reviews. I really like the product. Then again, I didn't expect a "miracle" either. Obviously, nothing will make your make-up look "just put on" all day long. I have oily acne prone skin, and after an entire day at work in humid conditions, my make-up still looks pretty good. Definately looks better than if I hadn't used the stuff. On especially humid days I have had to use blotting papers on my T-zone, but otherwise, I'm happy with the product.

I bought the 'sensitive' version which is a couple of bucks more expensive than the regular type. It does sting a little when you first put it on, and it feels a lot like hair spray would, were you to spray your face. Just keep your eyes closed for a little bit and the minimal discomfort you might feel goes away in a few seconds.

I have very oily skin, so I'm really putting this stuff to the test. I do find that my foundation stays longer, but my eye make up is what really lasts all night on this stuff.

What I like about it is that it gives my face a really nice glow. I would definitely buy again.

I only use it for special occasions. I live in the Arizona so it gets hot out here!

on 8/27/2007 7:03:00 AM

This made my mmu look wonderful, it melded everything together. It really did make everything last all day, even eyeshadow and blush (which always fades on me after about 4 hours). I haven't had any problems with my sensitve, cystic-acne prone skin. Will definately repurchase.

on 8/2/2006 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Nothing but hair spray packaged in a pretty bottle! Enough said.

I bought this from Valerie's Beauty. I paid less than usual for a slightly damaged but totally functional bottle, and as a result I didn't find the price to be any worse... and in fact to be much better... than most setting sprays.

Initially I found that it stung. My skin is oily, acne prone and mildly sensitive; a product has to be REALLY irritating for me to even notice. So the fact that this stung at first was kind of surprising. Because it stung, and it caught me off guard, I opened my eyes immediately after spraying (not really thinking) and it stung my eyes. Not badly, just sort of, "Ow, duh, maybe I should keep my eyes closed."

After it dried a bit and my husband stopped mocking me for whining about the stinging, I looked lovely. I certainly did have an airbrushed look. Sometimes I have a problem with a dry-looking finish with MMU, sometimes not, but if I did this morning this stuff certainly did away with it.

My problem with the product that it's primary function, which is to keep makeup in place and eliminate the need for touch ups... it failed miserably. I usually need to blot once around lunchtime and lately, while experimenting with MMU brands, haven't needed to reapply at all. I didn't reapply for lack of time, but I did need to blot, and I still didn't look so hot after blotting.

On thing I can say in it's favor is that my eyeshadow, which creases only slightly when I use Urban Decay Primer Potion, wore like stone with this added to it. I may see if I can use this just on my eye area.... I suppose we'll see for that. But definately not all over my face.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools