Model in a Bottle

Filtered by skin type : Combination
 Model in a Bottle

2.3

SD Alcohol 40B, Purified Water, Isopentildyol, Acrylates/Octacrylamide Copolymer, Aloe Barbadensis Gel (aloe vera), Biosaccharide Gum-1, Propylaparaben, Methlyparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance

on 6/18/2013 11:53:00 PM

I ordered this on Amazon after hearing great reviews on it, not to mention the cute bottle it comes in, I was sold. I was so excited to try it out. I wanted to love it SO badly, but besides the fact that is burned my eyes SO badly, it really did nothing for me. Obviously I closed my eyes and sprayed very minimally, waited a few seconds before opening my eyes and it just completely burned so bad. Maybe it's just my skin but I ended up giving it to my sister and it seemed fine for her.

I wanted to love Model in a Bottle so much. SO MUCH. I ordered it from Amazon, and the screw-top was busted so I only received about half of a bottle. The package was so sticky and smelled to the high heavens of this product, ick! It reminded me of Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea perfume. Anyway, I ended up pouring the remaining half of the bottle into a dollar-store travel spray bottle. I never used the glass bottle and its nozzle since the bottle was so sticky. I've heard that Model in a Bottle is similar to unscented aerosol hairspray... which I supposed makes up for its kind of tacky texture. It didn't smell as bad when I let it sit for a few days and finally decided to use it. I used it yesterday when I decided to put this product to the test on a mini shopping trip. I left at 12:30pm and came home five hours later. My face looked pretty flawless after the first hour. However, no sooner after the first hour did my face start getting the shinies, even though Model in the Bottle claims to be a mattifier! I was so mad, since everyone claims this product to be an all-day miracle and I left my blotting sheets and powders behind after putting my trust into this stuff. So, for the remainder of my trip, I looked horrible. I tried blending the make-up in, but the product is sticky and holds the make-up in place to the point where my streaky foundation did NOT budge. It looked like my make-up was almost bleeding. I wasn't sweating nor did I get wet. So, needless to say, I am super disappointed after spending a good $15 on this stuff.

Love! This stuff works. I spray a few pumps after I apply my makeup before I apply mascara. My makeup lasts and lasts until I wash it off in the evening. No touchups! Blot maybe once in the mid afternoon. I've had no problems with the pump. Sprays a fine mist that covers my whole face. Took one lippie off for smell and it does burn the eyes a bit. Just keep them closed for about thirty seconds after spraying and you'll be fine. I choose to apply mascara after since I have a tendency to not have patience and not let my mascara dry properly.

I bought this to try out before my wedding in September (yes, it's still several months away, but what can I say? I'm a planner). I've only used it a couple of times and I've noticed a significant difference in how long my makeup stays. I still have to use oil absorbing sheets in my t-zone towards the middle of the day, but the overall look of my foundation and blush looked great, and it's GREAT for eye makeup. Two things I've noticed in the other reviews that might be helpful:
- I found Model in a Bottle on Amazon for $11. That's the price of a good bottle of hairspray, so it's worth trying out. I think I even got free shipping thrown in...
- Get someone else to spray it on your face. I've done it myself several times and I feels a little heavy on my face; I had a friend in town to go to a St. Paddy's Day parade and she sprayed it on my face and it felt much better and my makeup stayed put all day--- and outside in a parade in the deep south-- that's saying something... Just be sure to keep your eyes closed until it feels dry on your face.

on 6/29/2011 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

My friend from Make-Up School was raving to me how amazing this is, only ONE make-up distributor is fully stocked on this in San Diego. I got one, and I tried spraying it. It was completely empty so I brought it back and told her and she said wow, this is the third bottle from Model In A Bottle sent to us that was empty. Not a drip in sight.

But she gave me a new one. I tried it, it smells like musk perfume. The bottle squirts all stupid. Some part will come out really straight and not misty so it evenly distrubites the face. It squirts right to my eyelash and makes it a little loose. Ughhh that always gets me. So I put it in a U.D Setting Spray bottle so it sprays normally, I didn't see anything too amazing about it. I don't think it helps mattify at all.
I don't care too much about it, I wouldn't purchase it again. I'd rather by U.D or Make-Up Forever's... pretty bottle, though.

on 6/5/2011 10:15:00 PM

Oh how i wanted to love this product from all they hype and reviews from YouTube.
My item came 2 days later which is nice, and i was THRILLED to use it the next morning.
WOW...i sprayed it and it sprays in a funky angle that lands on half my face, and the smell...OH MY GOD!!...smells like a VERY musky perfume..i went to work that morning but i was still smelling that thing..after about an hour or so..my head was killing me i felt horrible (bad scents trigger my migraines). then my stomach started to turn, i had to hurl..and I DID..TWICE!!!...anyways, i had to go home early because this "miracle product" made me SICK..i do admit that my face looked the same as when i left that morning..ive used it a few more times and it didn't make me so sick, but my blush faded as usual and it really made no difference...will NOT be purchasing again..

I really wanted to like this product, but there are just too many negatives. First of all, it made my face feel tight and sticky. Second of all, the spray doesn't always come out in a perfect mist, and half the time comes out in a stream that, of course, never fails to shoot me in the eye and make my mascara run. I've tried cleaning the tip, but it still clogs up. Third, the smell isn't unbearable.. But it definitely could be improved. Fourth, this really isn't a big deal, but I wish it wasn't in a glass bottle because I am so clumsy and it's a miracle it hasn't shattered because I've dropped it so many times.

Overall, I was pretty disappointed. I'll stick with my MAC Fix+.

on 4/22/2010 1:42:00 AM

Today is the first full day of trying this product and I am completely in love! Normally by this stage of the day my makeup has all but disappeared but with this product it still looks just as good as when I applied it, a good 8 hours ago now. Nothing has melted away at all. I have a very oily T-zone and have only felt the need to lightly dab my nose with a bit of blotting paper so far today - usually I would have had to blot my nose, chin and forehead once or more likely twice by this stage. My only critcism is price (though I am in Australia so it's a bit more expensive over here) but I think I might buy it on Ebay next time, and also the glass bottle - I have ceramic basins and tiled floor in my bathroom (not an uncommon combination!) and I have been known to drop things occasionally - a potential disaster waiting to happen methinks. I also bought the Model in a Bottle Eyebrow sealer and I'm loving that too - not a stray eyebrow hair to be seen, also after 8 hours wear.

on 12/14/2009 3:47:00 AM

I ordered this products from its original website.
Received this products after 2weeks. After I opened the package I realized that no bubble wrap were used for wrap this products ( I ordered 2bottle ), no Fragile Sign wrote on the box package, and one of the bottle are broken and empty.
I was really dissapoint by these facts. How come they wrapped international package in such way.
For the products I find the perfumes were very discomforting, it smells so strong. And the result is not as good as it reviewed. I dont know, I still had the same oily skin when I used this products, and I had breakouts.
Not recommending this products especially if you live outside US and want it shipped internationaly.

on 12/2/2009 5:53:00 AM

From the reviews I had read on this product, I expected it to work wonders! It doesn't! As other reviews has said it does sting... I found just on my lips though.. the feeling like when you wipe them with an alcohol based toner.
I went into the bathroom today at work 20 minutes after being outside in the heat (I live in Australia and it's coming up to summer), it looked like my makeup was dripping down my face!! My face looked all speckley and i had to smooth it out with my fingers. I was very dissapointed as this was only the second time I had used it. I looked dewy, but in a sweaty way, which nobody wants!!
I use Revlon colorstay makeup and this usually stays on very well, I just thought this product would give it a fresher look..... unfortunately not :(

Popular Misc Beauty Tools