Model in a Bottle

Filtered by skin type : Normal
 Model in a Bottle

2.0

SD Alcohol 40B, Purified Water, Isopentildyol, Acrylates/Octacrylamide Copolymer, Aloe Barbadensis Gel (aloe vera), Biosaccharide Gum-1, Propylaparaben, Methlyparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance

on 8/1/2013 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Ordered on Amazon after seeing a youtuber who liked it. Amazon considers this "hazardous" which I think is just for shipping purposes or something, but still scares me. I have used Urban Decay's all nighter and De-Slick and was hoping this would be better as I think the UD's break me out. I used the spray about three times and each time was not good. It did nothing. Did not create a matte finish and stung. Yuck.

I heard so many good reviews about this product, so I decided to buy it to try it out. Let's just say it's more like disaster in a bottle..first i put on my makeup as usual and then i went to spray my face just as the directions said. It claims to come out in a "nice mist", um no it was more like a "nice squirt gun to the face" and it shot directly into my eye and started burning. so then since i couldn't open my eyes from the burn, my eye makeup started to run all down my face so then by the time my eyes stopped burning my makeup was all dripping down my face. I can honestly say my makeup looked way better before i put this on my face. It has an extremely strong smell of alcohol which made me question if this was even healthy to put on my skin? (i doubt it) and besides the nasty smell it wreaked of, it burned as soon as it touched my face. & it made my face oily. My face looked better before i even put this product on. Honestly not a difference. & it's expensive, especially for something that doesn't work, don't waste your money. Better off sticking to just doing makeup. I'd rather do touchups every 5 min than deal with all that. It's very obvious that this product was made by some lady trying to find a way to get rich fast, and it works because people buy into it.

UPDATE: I took out the original pump this came with, and i replaced it with a cleaned out hairspray pump that misted instead of "squirting" out at me.....& it still sucks. I honestly look better without this on my face. & also, i went to sephora to test out the setting spray from urban decay, & IT WORKS 100 X BETTER! As soon as the lady sprayed it on my face there was noo smell at all, NO ALCOHOL, & it didn't feel sticky at all...& I'am happy to say my face did not get oily at all! wayyy better product. so i would definitely reccommend trying out the one from urban decay, i'm going to return "disaster in a bottle" for the urban decay one.

on 10/16/2010 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

First off I haven't used this much b/c on a daily basis I don't want/need a hairspray on my face. It does leave a hairspray like feel on the face that is sligihtly undesireable.

BUT, I used this on NYE when I went to a club and we'll just say "I celebrated to my fullest." The next day when I was looking at my pictures I noticed that I still looked "cute" at the end of the night eating my huge pizza slice (I usually look very not cute at this point). Then I realized that I wore the Model in a bottle and it really worked. If I went out more I'd use this more.

I haven't tested the Urban Decay all nighter yet but I did spray it on my face and it felt more natural. If it has the same lasting power I'd rather use that.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools