Model in a Bottle

Filtered by skin type : Combination
 Model in a Bottle

2.3

SD Alcohol 40B, Purified Water, Isopentildyol, Acrylates/Octacrylamide Copolymer, Aloe Barbadensis Gel (aloe vera), Biosaccharide Gum-1, Propylaparaben, Methlyparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This product does not live up to its hype. It did very little to make my MMU last all day. I used the sensitive skin formula and it aggravated my rosacea. The packaging is the pits, too. Near the end of the bottle the sprayer stopped working, and since its bottled in glass, makes it tricky to take with you when traveling. For those of you who like this product, you can purchase two bottles for $40 some dollars at overstock.com.

I'll tell you what works for me: Aerosol antiperspirant. Yes, you read correctly. Aerosol antiperspirant. Sure Aerosol Antiperspirant, UNCSCENTED. Or any brand - make sure its unscented. My HG. I got this tip from a beauty/fashion book I bought a few years ago. Supposedly this is what women who live in the south use to set their makeup so they're not dripping in perspiration all day in the humid weather. Using this to set my makeup (I use MMU) not only keeps my face nice & dry, I don't have to blot my face multiple times a day - down to once or maybe twice a day now (my skin is combo, very oily t-zone), my crater-sized pores are non-existent, and I have the just made-up look all day. All this for $4.00 bucks a can that lasts for month. After applying your makeup, wait a couple of minutes for mascara to dry completely. Shake the can really good, hold it at arm's length, and spray on your face LIGHTLY, avoiding the eye area. Be sure you use a very light hand when you spray; otherwise you will end up with white powdery stuff on your face. I count to 2 and stop.

Be sure to use a very good makeup remover; I use DHC's cleansing oil, which does a great job at removing makeup. Your face will feel gritty as you wash off your makeup. I then follow up with Avene gel cleanser for normal/sensitve skin.

Another bonus: My rosacea is not affected by using aerosol antiperspirant. In fact, the small, cystic like bumps I used to get with Model in a Bottle is non-existent since I've been using antiperspirant as a makeup finisher. Fabulous!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

*DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS PRODUCT. The only thing that is does do is leave a mess!!! The hype is not true. The packaging is horrible; leaks all over the place. If you do not want your makeup to move, might as well spray hairspray on your face, it will work better.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am really disappointed that this product has overall really bad reviews. But like someone else said I really wasn't expecting a miracle. I have a very acne prone oily skin and minutes after applying make-up it literally melts off my face. This product has worked very well for my skin. It keeps my eye make-up and foundation on all day long. I agree the blush tends to fade away as the day goes on. The bottle is really nice looking. I would definitely buy this again.

on 12/2/2009 5:53:00 AM

From the reviews I had read on this product, I expected it to work wonders! It doesn't! As other reviews has said it does sting... I found just on my lips though.. the feeling like when you wipe them with an alcohol based toner.
I went into the bathroom today at work 20 minutes after being outside in the heat (I live in Australia and it's coming up to summer), it looked like my makeup was dripping down my face!! My face looked all speckley and i had to smooth it out with my fingers. I was very dissapointed as this was only the second time I had used it. I looked dewy, but in a sweaty way, which nobody wants!!
I use Revlon colorstay makeup and this usually stays on very well, I just thought this product would give it a fresher look..... unfortunately not :(

on 12/14/2009 3:47:00 AM

I ordered this products from its original website.
Received this products after 2weeks. After I opened the package I realized that no bubble wrap were used for wrap this products ( I ordered 2bottle ), no Fragile Sign wrote on the box package, and one of the bottle are broken and empty.
I was really dissapoint by these facts. How come they wrapped international package in such way.
For the products I find the perfumes were very discomforting, it smells so strong. And the result is not as good as it reviewed. I dont know, I still had the same oily skin when I used this products, and I had breakouts.
Not recommending this products especially if you live outside US and want it shipped internationaly.

on 4/22/2010 1:42:00 AM

Today is the first full day of trying this product and I am completely in love! Normally by this stage of the day my makeup has all but disappeared but with this product it still looks just as good as when I applied it, a good 8 hours ago now. Nothing has melted away at all. I have a very oily T-zone and have only felt the need to lightly dab my nose with a bit of blotting paper so far today - usually I would have had to blot my nose, chin and forehead once or more likely twice by this stage. My only critcism is price (though I am in Australia so it's a bit more expensive over here) but I think I might buy it on Ebay next time, and also the glass bottle - I have ceramic basins and tiled floor in my bathroom (not an uncommon combination!) and I have been known to drop things occasionally - a potential disaster waiting to happen methinks. I also bought the Model in a Bottle Eyebrow sealer and I'm loving that too - not a stray eyebrow hair to be seen, also after 8 hours wear.

I really wanted to like this product, but there are just too many negatives. First of all, it made my face feel tight and sticky. Second of all, the spray doesn't always come out in a perfect mist, and half the time comes out in a stream that, of course, never fails to shoot me in the eye and make my mascara run. I've tried cleaning the tip, but it still clogs up. Third, the smell isn't unbearable.. But it definitely could be improved. Fourth, this really isn't a big deal, but I wish it wasn't in a glass bottle because I am so clumsy and it's a miracle it hasn't shattered because I've dropped it so many times.

Overall, I was pretty disappointed. I'll stick with my MAC Fix+.

on 6/5/2011 10:15:00 PM

Oh how i wanted to love this product from all they hype and reviews from YouTube.
My item came 2 days later which is nice, and i was THRILLED to use it the next morning.
WOW...i sprayed it and it sprays in a funky angle that lands on half my face, and the smell...OH MY GOD!!...smells like a VERY musky perfume..i went to work that morning but i was still smelling that thing..after about an hour or so..my head was killing me i felt horrible (bad scents trigger my migraines). then my stomach started to turn, i had to hurl..and I DID..TWICE!!!...anyways, i had to go home early because this "miracle product" made me SICK..i do admit that my face looked the same as when i left that morning..ive used it a few more times and it didn't make me so sick, but my blush faded as usual and it really made no difference...will NOT be purchasing again..

on 6/29/2011 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

My friend from Make-Up School was raving to me how amazing this is, only ONE make-up distributor is fully stocked on this in San Diego. I got one, and I tried spraying it. It was completely empty so I brought it back and told her and she said wow, this is the third bottle from Model In A Bottle sent to us that was empty. Not a drip in sight.

But she gave me a new one. I tried it, it smells like musk perfume. The bottle squirts all stupid. Some part will come out really straight and not misty so it evenly distrubites the face. It squirts right to my eyelash and makes it a little loose. Ughhh that always gets me. So I put it in a U.D Setting Spray bottle so it sprays normally, I didn't see anything too amazing about it. I don't think it helps mattify at all.
I don't care too much about it, I wouldn't purchase it again. I'd rather by U.D or Make-Up Forever's... pretty bottle, though.

I bought this to try out before my wedding in September (yes, it's still several months away, but what can I say? I'm a planner). I've only used it a couple of times and I've noticed a significant difference in how long my makeup stays. I still have to use oil absorbing sheets in my t-zone towards the middle of the day, but the overall look of my foundation and blush looked great, and it's GREAT for eye makeup. Two things I've noticed in the other reviews that might be helpful:
- I found Model in a Bottle on Amazon for $11. That's the price of a good bottle of hairspray, so it's worth trying out. I think I even got free shipping thrown in...
- Get someone else to spray it on your face. I've done it myself several times and I feels a little heavy on my face; I had a friend in town to go to a St. Paddy's Day parade and she sprayed it on my face and it felt much better and my makeup stayed put all day--- and outside in a parade in the deep south-- that's saying something... Just be sure to keep your eyes closed until it feels dry on your face.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools