Model in a Bottle

Model in a Bottle

2.7

SD Alcohol 40B, Purified Water, Isopentildyol, Acrylates/Octacrylamide Copolymer, Aloe Barbadensis Gel (aloe vera), Biosaccharide Gum-1, Propylaparaben, Methlyparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance

on 11/12/2005 9:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Model in a Bottle felt and smelled like hairspray on my face and made it very shiny and looking like I had been shellac-ed.

It's also quite pricey. I wouldn't buy it again.

I bought this from Valerie's Beauty. I paid less than usual for a slightly damaged but totally functional bottle, and as a result I didn't find the price to be any worse... and in fact to be much better... than most setting sprays.

Initially I found that it stung. My skin is oily, acne prone and mildly sensitive; a product has to be REALLY irritating for me to even notice. So the fact that this stung at first was kind of surprising. Because it stung, and it caught me off guard, I opened my eyes immediately after spraying (not really thinking) and it stung my eyes. Not badly, just sort of, "Ow, duh, maybe I should keep my eyes closed."

After it dried a bit and my husband stopped mocking me for whining about the stinging, I looked lovely. I certainly did have an airbrushed look. Sometimes I have a problem with a dry-looking finish with MMU, sometimes not, but if I did this morning this stuff certainly did away with it.

My problem with the product that it's primary function, which is to keep makeup in place and eliminate the need for touch ups... it failed miserably. I usually need to blot once around lunchtime and lately, while experimenting with MMU brands, haven't needed to reapply at all. I didn't reapply for lack of time, but I did need to blot, and I still didn't look so hot after blotting.

On thing I can say in it's favor is that my eyeshadow, which creases only slightly when I use Urban Decay Primer Potion, wore like stone with this added to it. I may see if I can use this just on my eye area.... I suppose we'll see for that. But definately not all over my face.

on 8/2/2006 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Nothing but hair spray packaged in a pretty bottle! Enough said.

on 8/27/2007 7:03:00 AM

This made my mmu look wonderful, it melded everything together. It really did make everything last all day, even eyeshadow and blush (which always fades on me after about 4 hours). I haven't had any problems with my sensitve, cystic-acne prone skin. Will definately repurchase.

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This product does not live up to its hype. It did very little to make my MMU last all day. I used the sensitive skin formula and it aggravated my rosacea. The packaging is the pits, too. Near the end of the bottle the sprayer stopped working, and since its bottled in glass, makes it tricky to take with you when traveling. For those of you who like this product, you can purchase two bottles for $40 some dollars at overstock.com.

I'll tell you what works for me: Aerosol antiperspirant. Yes, you read correctly. Aerosol antiperspirant. Sure Aerosol Antiperspirant, UNCSCENTED. Or any brand - make sure its unscented. My HG. I got this tip from a beauty/fashion book I bought a few years ago. Supposedly this is what women who live in the south use to set their makeup so they're not dripping in perspiration all day in the humid weather. Using this to set my makeup (I use MMU) not only keeps my face nice & dry, I don't have to blot my face multiple times a day - down to once or maybe twice a day now (my skin is combo, very oily t-zone), my crater-sized pores are non-existent, and I have the just made-up look all day. All this for $4.00 bucks a can that lasts for month. After applying your makeup, wait a couple of minutes for mascara to dry completely. Shake the can really good, hold it at arm's length, and spray on your face LIGHTLY, avoiding the eye area. Be sure you use a very light hand when you spray; otherwise you will end up with white powdery stuff on your face. I count to 2 and stop.

Be sure to use a very good makeup remover; I use DHC's cleansing oil, which does a great job at removing makeup. Your face will feel gritty as you wash off your makeup. I then follow up with Avene gel cleanser for normal/sensitve skin.

Another bonus: My rosacea is not affected by using aerosol antiperspirant. In fact, the small, cystic like bumps I used to get with Model in a Bottle is non-existent since I've been using antiperspirant as a makeup finisher. Fabulous!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wanted this product to do what it says it does so badly! A product like that would be an amazing asset to my makeup bag, but unfortunately model in a bottle did not live up to all the hype. I am more than half way through the bottle, I use it usually just for special occassions, dates, long days where I won't be able to touch up my makeup a lot, ect. I literally noticed NOTHING. Some other reviewers said it stung, which I didn't really have a problem with, but then again, my skin is far from sensitive. The bottle was also really messy (I did get it on Ebay, to be fair) it was okay at first, now it's kinda leaky and sticky near the top which makes it a little bit hard to get the cap off. One thing I do like is the smell, call me crazy but I think it smells like Chanel Chance! The bottle is really cute, and it should be considering the price. I would not purchase the product again, it may work for Oprah, but it does nothing for me!

I bought the 'sensitive' version which is a couple of bucks more expensive than the regular type. It does sting a little when you first put it on, and it feels a lot like hair spray would, were you to spray your face. Just keep your eyes closed for a little bit and the minimal discomfort you might feel goes away in a few seconds.

I have very oily skin, so I'm really putting this stuff to the test. I do find that my foundation stays longer, but my eye make up is what really lasts all night on this stuff.

What I like about it is that it gives my face a really nice glow. I would definitely buy again.

I only use it for special occasions. I live in the Arizona so it gets hot out here!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

*DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS PRODUCT. The only thing that is does do is leave a mess!!! The hype is not true. The packaging is horrible; leaks all over the place. If you do not want your makeup to move, might as well spray hairspray on your face, it will work better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I'm surprised at the bad reviews. I really like the product. Then again, I didn't expect a "miracle" either. Obviously, nothing will make your make-up look "just put on" all day long. I have oily acne prone skin, and after an entire day at work in humid conditions, my make-up still looks pretty good. Definately looks better than if I hadn't used the stuff. On especially humid days I have had to use blotting papers on my T-zone, but otherwise, I'm happy with the product.

on 7/30/2009 9:25:00 PM

I'm also very surprised by the ratings of this product. I love it. It does have its drawbacks though, such as the very hairspray like smell and initial feel. But that dissipates quickly and its all fine. It helps my makeup stay on forever. As the prev poster wrote, it will not look like I applied it all ten minutes ago, it shows some signs of wear. But its a million times better than if I had not worn it at all in this humidity! I used to use bronzer and by the time I got to work, it was gone. Now I get home from a full day of work, and I still look bronzy! Wish it wasnt a glass bottle however!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools