Model in a Bottle

Filtered by skin type : Oily age: 30-35
 Model in a Bottle

SD Alcohol 40B, Purified Water, Isopentildyol, Acrylates/Octacrylamide Copolymer, Aloe Barbadensis Gel (aloe vera), Biosaccharide Gum-1, Propylaparaben, Methlyparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS STUFF! I am a makeup artist with super duper sensitive combo skin (with a touch of psoriasis on my cheeks). I used to have to touch-up my makeup several times a day...NOT ANYMORE! I do my makeup once, spray this stuff on (4 sprays) and I don't think about it for the rest of the day! I no longer have to worry about getting makeup on other peoples clothes when I hug them either! I have given away several bottles of this stuff to friends and they love it too!

2 things:
1) yes, it stings a tiny bit (however, it might be my super sensitive skin), but it's not bad at all!
2) be aware of your surroundings when you spray this...it tends to stick to mirrors, phones, glass, etc. and is hard to get off. It also has a lite hairspray effect when it gets on your hair. It's not bad, though. Honestly.

Try it, you won't be disappointed!

On a side note: I've tried UD de-slick and was disappointed. I also tried the setting sprays from Victoria's Secret and e.l.f. and was no where near as impressed as I am with the Model in a Bottle.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Cons:
In my case, the spray pump didn't deliver a fine mist like it's supposed to - rather, it often shot a thin stream of the product in some random direction, usually not anywhere near my face.
With almost every day use and a wonky sprayer, Model in a Bottle didn't last more than 3 weeks.
Pretty costly, especially when it doesn't last long.
Spray pump broke after a week (replaced with with a clean hairspray pump - worked better after that).

Pros:
I found that Model in a Bottle works well if I use it first as a primer (mist my face before putting on make-up) and then spray again after my make-up has been applied.

Works reasonably well; my make-up lasts a couple of hours longer than normal.

However, having my make-up last a couple of hours longer isn't really worth the cost, particularly with international shipping and definitely not if hairspray does a similar job.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools