Model in a Bottle

Filtered by skin type : Oily age: 19-24
 Model in a Bottle

2.5

SD Alcohol 40B, Purified Water, Isopentildyol, Acrylates/Octacrylamide Copolymer, Aloe Barbadensis Gel (aloe vera), Biosaccharide Gum-1, Propylaparaben, Methlyparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

These comments are really wrong! The only reason the product isn't spraying properly is because you aren't pressing down completely and without hesitation. If you hesitate when spraying, it comes out kind of like a squirt gun. But, if you spray it quckly all the way it sprays like a mist and sets your makeup perfectly.

on 9/23/2011 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Not a fan of this product. It felt very sticky when I sprayed it on my face, and there was no significant improvement with my makeup's staying power. Urban Decay's works much better than this, and I don't feel like I've attacked myself with hairspray.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I do ballroom dance, so I definitely need my makeup to endure a workout. I've tried several makeup fixatives (Urban Decay All Nighter; Make Up For Ever Mix & Fix; even [carefully!] spraying a bit of hairspray on my face), and while Model in a Bottle has its drawbacks, it's the strongest of anything I've used yet. As others have noted, it's quite pricey, and due to the package design, it sprays heavily and runs out very quickly.

It claims to be a "matte finish," but I actually found it made my face look dewy -- it might have just been drawing out the shimmer in my blush, though. It definitely takes away any cakiness from powder or foundation and seemed to automatically blend everything together -- nice and smooth and airbrushed. Since I have an oily T-zone, I just put a bit of powder over it once the spray had dried, and that mattified it pretty well.

I have oily skin that can take a lot of punishment, so I didn't find this to be drying or painful. It definitely has a super-strong chemical scent, though -- to be expected, since the main ingredient is alcohol. When they say wait 30 seconds before opening your eyes, they MEAN it -- if you get impatient, it really stings!

Overall, I don't regret my purchase, but since it's so expensive, and since it seems to have such poor economy, I'll try a few more fixatives before buying again.

EDIT: All right, I've compared the ingredients list of Model in a Bottle to the ingredients in hairspray (Big Sexy Spray & Play, to be specific, but it'll go the same for pretty much any kind of hairspray) and grilled my brother (who has a degree in chemistry) about it. The active ingredient in both of them are copolymers, which is to say adhesive. Flexible, elasticized adhesive. So yes, the previous reviews are correct, and Model in a Bottle is just overpriced hairspray dressed up in an inefficient package. I'm knocking off another lippie for the price, now.

Bottom line: it DOES work, but so will a $2.00 can of AquaNet.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wanted this product to do what it says it does so badly! A product like that would be an amazing asset to my makeup bag, but unfortunately model in a bottle did not live up to all the hype. I am more than half way through the bottle, I use it usually just for special occassions, dates, long days where I won't be able to touch up my makeup a lot, ect. I literally noticed NOTHING. Some other reviewers said it stung, which I didn't really have a problem with, but then again, my skin is far from sensitive. The bottle was also really messy (I did get it on Ebay, to be fair) it was okay at first, now it's kinda leaky and sticky near the top which makes it a little bit hard to get the cap off. One thing I do like is the smell, call me crazy but I think it smells like Chanel Chance! The bottle is really cute, and it should be considering the price. I would not purchase the product again, it may work for Oprah, but it does nothing for me!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools