Model in a Bottle

Filtered by age: 19-24
 Model in a Bottle

1.9

SD Alcohol 40B, Purified Water, Isopentildyol, Acrylates/Octacrylamide Copolymer, Aloe Barbadensis Gel (aloe vera), Biosaccharide Gum-1, Propylaparaben, Methlyparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance

I wanted to love Model in a Bottle so much. SO MUCH. I ordered it from Amazon, and the screw-top was busted so I only received about half of a bottle. The package was so sticky and smelled to the high heavens of this product, ick! It reminded me of Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea perfume. Anyway, I ended up pouring the remaining half of the bottle into a dollar-store travel spray bottle. I never used the glass bottle and its nozzle since the bottle was so sticky. I've heard that Model in a Bottle is similar to unscented aerosol hairspray... which I supposed makes up for its kind of tacky texture. It didn't smell as bad when I let it sit for a few days and finally decided to use it. I used it yesterday when I decided to put this product to the test on a mini shopping trip. I left at 12:30pm and came home five hours later. My face looked pretty flawless after the first hour. However, no sooner after the first hour did my face start getting the shinies, even though Model in the Bottle claims to be a mattifier! I was so mad, since everyone claims this product to be an all-day miracle and I left my blotting sheets and powders behind after putting my trust into this stuff. So, for the remainder of my trip, I looked horrible. I tried blending the make-up in, but the product is sticky and holds the make-up in place to the point where my streaky foundation did NOT budge. It looked like my make-up was almost bleeding. I wasn't sweating nor did I get wet. So, needless to say, I am super disappointed after spending a good $15 on this stuff.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

These comments are really wrong! The only reason the product isn't spraying properly is because you aren't pressing down completely and without hesitation. If you hesitate when spraying, it comes out kind of like a squirt gun. But, if you spray it quckly all the way it sprays like a mist and sets your makeup perfectly.

on 9/23/2011 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Not a fan of this product. It felt very sticky when I sprayed it on my face, and there was no significant improvement with my makeup's staying power. Urban Decay's works much better than this, and I don't feel like I've attacked myself with hairspray.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If you are allergic to heavy fumes, please be cautious! This is more like intended to be used as perfume or something! I am heavily allergic to strong scent and the only reason I bought it was because it was advertised as "fragrance-free" on amazon.

on 6/29/2011 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

My friend from Make-Up School was raving to me how amazing this is, only ONE make-up distributor is fully stocked on this in San Diego. I got one, and I tried spraying it. It was completely empty so I brought it back and told her and she said wow, this is the third bottle from Model In A Bottle sent to us that was empty. Not a drip in sight.

But she gave me a new one. I tried it, it smells like musk perfume. The bottle squirts all stupid. Some part will come out really straight and not misty so it evenly distrubites the face. It squirts right to my eyelash and makes it a little loose. Ughhh that always gets me. So I put it in a U.D Setting Spray bottle so it sprays normally, I didn't see anything too amazing about it. I don't think it helps mattify at all.
I don't care too much about it, I wouldn't purchase it again. I'd rather by U.D or Make-Up Forever's... pretty bottle, though.

on 6/5/2011 10:15:00 PM

Oh how i wanted to love this product from all they hype and reviews from YouTube.
My item came 2 days later which is nice, and i was THRILLED to use it the next morning.
WOW...i sprayed it and it sprays in a funky angle that lands on half my face, and the smell...OH MY GOD!!...smells like a VERY musky perfume..i went to work that morning but i was still smelling that thing..after about an hour or so..my head was killing me i felt horrible (bad scents trigger my migraines). then my stomach started to turn, i had to hurl..and I DID..TWICE!!!...anyways, i had to go home early because this "miracle product" made me SICK..i do admit that my face looked the same as when i left that morning..ive used it a few more times and it didn't make me so sick, but my blush faded as usual and it really made no difference...will NOT be purchasing again..

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I do ballroom dance, so I definitely need my makeup to endure a workout. I've tried several makeup fixatives (Urban Decay All Nighter; Make Up For Ever Mix & Fix; even [carefully!] spraying a bit of hairspray on my face), and while Model in a Bottle has its drawbacks, it's the strongest of anything I've used yet. As others have noted, it's quite pricey, and due to the package design, it sprays heavily and runs out very quickly.

It claims to be a "matte finish," but I actually found it made my face look dewy -- it might have just been drawing out the shimmer in my blush, though. It definitely takes away any cakiness from powder or foundation and seemed to automatically blend everything together -- nice and smooth and airbrushed. Since I have an oily T-zone, I just put a bit of powder over it once the spray had dried, and that mattified it pretty well.

I have oily skin that can take a lot of punishment, so I didn't find this to be drying or painful. It definitely has a super-strong chemical scent, though -- to be expected, since the main ingredient is alcohol. When they say wait 30 seconds before opening your eyes, they MEAN it -- if you get impatient, it really stings!

Overall, I don't regret my purchase, but since it's so expensive, and since it seems to have such poor economy, I'll try a few more fixatives before buying again.

EDIT: All right, I've compared the ingredients list of Model in a Bottle to the ingredients in hairspray (Big Sexy Spray & Play, to be specific, but it'll go the same for pretty much any kind of hairspray) and grilled my brother (who has a degree in chemistry) about it. The active ingredient in both of them are copolymers, which is to say adhesive. Flexible, elasticized adhesive. So yes, the previous reviews are correct, and Model in a Bottle is just overpriced hairspray dressed up in an inefficient package. I'm knocking off another lippie for the price, now.

Bottom line: it DOES work, but so will a $2.00 can of AquaNet.

I really wanted to like this product, but there are just too many negatives. First of all, it made my face feel tight and sticky. Second of all, the spray doesn't always come out in a perfect mist, and half the time comes out in a stream that, of course, never fails to shoot me in the eye and make my mascara run. I've tried cleaning the tip, but it still clogs up. Third, the smell isn't unbearable.. But it definitely could be improved. Fourth, this really isn't a big deal, but I wish it wasn't in a glass bottle because I am so clumsy and it's a miracle it hasn't shattered because I've dropped it so many times.

Overall, I was pretty disappointed. I'll stick with my MAC Fix+.

on 12/14/2009 3:47:00 AM

I ordered this products from its original website.
Received this products after 2weeks. After I opened the package I realized that no bubble wrap were used for wrap this products ( I ordered 2bottle ), no Fragile Sign wrote on the box package, and one of the bottle are broken and empty.
I was really dissapoint by these facts. How come they wrapped international package in such way.
For the products I find the perfumes were very discomforting, it smells so strong. And the result is not as good as it reviewed. I dont know, I still had the same oily skin when I used this products, and I had breakouts.
Not recommending this products especially if you live outside US and want it shipped internationaly.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought this product for an upcoming company Christmas party. Because I was helping to manage the party, I know I'm going to be running around all day with no time to apply my makeup for the party. If I put it on in the morning, it would need to stay for 12 hours. I bought a bottle of this off Amazon just to try out and I was pleasantly surprised by the results despite the negative reviews. I have dry, fairly sensitive skin with oily lids. I put my makeup on in the morning and gave a light once-over with MiaB before heading to work. I checked my face once I got home and everything, even my blush and contour, were still perfectly in place like I had just put it on an hour before. My only negative impression about this product is that if you have dry skin and don't hardcore moisturize your face first, it will make your skin look dry (but not patchy, thankfully). Fix+ occasionally throughout the day minimized this effect, however.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools