Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

Filtered by skin tone : Olive age: 25-29
Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

2018 Version:Water, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Glycerin, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, PEG-3 Distearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Idopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Sodium Chloride

on 3/6/2016 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Gave me huge cystic acne on my chin 3-4 days after I started using it everyday at night. The great thing is that this cleanser definitely removes makeup amazingly well - better than some luxury brand oil-free cleansers that claim to do the same. But of course, it's not worth it if it causes painful cysts in the process! I definitely do not recommend to anyone with very reactive skin.

on 11/5/2011 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Awesome cleanser! I was previously using DHC soap and knew it's probably not a great idea due to of its pH balance so I was deciding whether to try this or Murad and since this one has more positive comments here, so I ordered online and the price was pretty reasonable. I'm on my 5th use and I really like it, no alcohol or any perfumes and it cleans off my mascara too. No squeaky feeling after rinsing. Feels very clean afterwards.

on 10/29/2010 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'm on my third bottle with plans to purchase more. Having used a variety of cleansers in the past, most having been too drying (though I continue to use Cetaphil for normal/oily skin when in a pinch), I've settled on this one for the time being. Not overly drying or harsh. Removes makeup well enough (though obviously with heavy eye makeup a separate remover works better). Can't complain. Gentle enough for daily use on my sensitive, combo skin. I like it.

Update 08/2011: Still liking this facial soap. Works nicely for washing the entire face since it doesn't irritate my eyes.

Update 01/26/2012: Bought a couple more bottles. Am beginning to stockpile. ;-) It's still a good, gentle daily cleanser, though I have looked into an acne-treatment cleanser to alternate with this foaming face wash. I ordered Zapzyt's acne kit (includes a salicylic acid face wash and two treatment gels) to try after reading positive reviews and will see how that goes. But I have no plans on discontinuing the use of the reviewed face wash. Reasonably priced and effective, just not designed by itself to clear up acne (nor does it cause breakouts on me).

on 11/5/2007 2:54:00 AM

My HG cleanser! So soft and gentle yet so effective. Gets the makeup and dirt off but leaves your skin really soft. Love it!!!!

on 3/27/2004 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. Takes off my make up well. Good pick for a AHA cleanser and at a decent price as well. It is a lot better than the MD Formulations facial cleanser at $32 I was using before. It does dry it out a little though.