Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

4.5

2018 Version:Water, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Glycerin, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, PEG-3 Distearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Idopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Sodium Chloride

on 11/1/2017 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Fantastic face wash. It foams but only slightly, so doesn't dry out your skin. I don't think it takes off makeup completely so I precleanse with micellar water but finish off with this face wash and haven't had any problems in the 8 months I have been using it. I run out fairly quickly (within 1.5-2 months) but ulta was having a sale where the face wash was only 2 dollars so I bought 5 of them recently for only 10 dollars. Highly recommend - also good for both summer and winter - I hate having to change up my skincare for different seasons so I appreciate products that I can use in any climate. Only complaint is that it is hard to get out the last bit of the face wash with the squeeze top but you can if you don't mind taking off the lid.

on 1/13/2017 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

tldr; This is a super effective cleanser that removes most makeup and sunscreen.

I bought the full line of alpha hydrox products after liking the retinol resq and this is probably my fave of the lot. It's a citric acid based foaming cleanser of ph 6.2. I was previously using Purpose gentle cleanser, and disliked that it does not remove makeup at all. I don't wear waterproof makeup on a day to day basis and I use this daily, to remove my makeup and cleanse. I don't have to use an additional makeup remover. FYI It does not remove waterproof mascara fully. It leaves skin feeling "squeaky clean" without feeling too tight (I have combo - dry skin).

The only downside is that it's hard to find in Canada (but so was Purpose) so I just bulk buy when I cross the border. Ulta usually has BOGO on Alpha products.

on 2/28/2012 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I really like this product, no bad chemicals. Keeps my face clean and feeling nice, no cons at all about it. I would repurchase again, I like it a lot it feels soft against my skin. I enjoy the foaming feeling. I would defenately try Alpha Hydrox line!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

DOES NOT CONTAIN ALPHA HYDROXY ACIDS!
I apologize for the caps, but people keep stating this contains AHAs in their reviews when it does not say so in the ingredients.
For me, that is a good thing

on 6/15/2011 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

This has to be my favorite cleanser to date. It cleases my face throughly, doesnt irritate or cause redness, no tightness, and preps skin for serums and lotion. My skin is soft and supple every morning and evening. This is a great product for people who are using retinol (like me), glycolic acids, salicyclic acids, alpha hyrdroxy acids, or harsher chemical exfoliators. Must have and on sale usually at ulta.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I've been using this face wash for about 3 months, and I don't think I would buy it again. I had previously been using Clinique liquid mild soap, which I can now say is my HG. Unlike the Clinique, this face was does not feel like it rinses clean. It also leaves my face feeling really tight, for which my skin compensates by producing even more oil. I use a moisturizer afterwards, but I know that it isn't the cause, because my face only gets really oily after using this face wash.

on 11/18/2009 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have been using this foaming wash for the past two weeks. So far, so good. It does manage my oily skin and it cleanses well. As a makeup remover, it does the trick; although, I havenít tested it against waterproof eye makeup. The consistency depends on your method of using it. I like to wet my face, shake the excess water out of my hands until they are slightly damp, apply a dime-sized amount of cleanser to my fingertips, rub together in hands, then apply to the face. That will give you a foamy lather (which, in my opinion, works the best for cleansing). The wetter your hands are, the soapier/wetter your lather will be, so I try to avoid that. I havenít seen any evidence of it drying out my skin or breaking me out. Because of the way it specially handles my oilies, I would say that it goes a bit further in effectiveness than Cetaphil and Purpose. And for the price, Alpha Hydrox is pretty incredible (ordered online).

on 11/22/2008 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I've just started using this and I've noticed a BIG difference in my skin. I have been breaking out really badly for the past weeks and this is already starting to clear me up.

I previously was using both Aveeno clear complexion cream cleanser and Cetaphil, which worked but not as well as this.

Right now, I will give it an overall rating of 4 and I will update this review in 2 weeks to give an accurate review.

on 4/11/2008 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought mine at Ulta with a few dollars off Alpha Hydrox coupon from the Ulta flyer...yay. Anyway, I like this cleanser alot. It was very gentle, didn't sting at all and cleansed my face very well. The problem is that it was a little bit drying and left dry patches on my cheeks (I have combo skin.) Although I read that foaming action doesn't really clean skin better than non-foamy cleanser, I can't help but like bubbles which this has. I also wish this had a pump dispenser...but I dont take lippies off for that. Now I've been using Olay's sensitive skin foaming wash and this lathers very nicely, cleanses perfectly, but does NOT dry out my cheeks and leaves my skin soft. So, the Alpha Hydrox was pretty good and I used the whole thing up. However, it wasn't so amazing that its HG status. My olay sensitive is headed there though!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have Oily/Sensitive/ acne prone skin, but can feel dry because all the acne medication, This cleanser is great, I am in love with this brand, my skin feels really clean after I use this, takes away my makeup I do use a washcloth with it, I dont clean my mascara with this so I dont know if it works for that, I think if you have oily skin or combination skin would work nicely but probably for dry skin is not good.