Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

4.3

2018 Version:Water, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Glycerin, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, PEG-3 Distearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Idopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Sodium Chloride

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've used this on and off since my teens, and now I'm my 30's, it still rocks. I go from one product to another, but always come back to this.

It is gentle on my sensitive skin and removes makeup very well. Cleans out the pores and with constant use, has a pretty good resurfacing effect when combined with the AHA lotion, for the price. I found a bottle at Tuesday Morning for $5 and was ecstatic! Doesn't strip the face of all moisture, but really helps my combo-oily skin.

I'd think they need a nicer bottle, a more modern look, but I guess it is what keeps it affordable, thank you!

It is a product for the younger faces, but can be used as you get older. Personally, I love it. It's a steal no matter where you get it. Great starter regimen for daughters.

on 8/16/2014 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am trying out Alpha Hydroxy products recently. This was the second product I purchased from their line. My first was a 10% aha facial lotion. It didn't cause any breakouts and helped to minimize the look of blackheads on my nose and cheeks. I wad impressed enough to then buy this facial cleanser after that had purchased another cleanser that worked, but felt harsh.

This facial wash ia gentle and cleans well. It doesn't irritate my eyes. It doesn't get super foaming, but I don't really require my cleansers to lather and foam. I just require that they remove makeup. This one does that. It also pairs nicely with the AHA lotion at night and my Kaolin/glycerin day lotion.

Overall, I am impressed with this product. I will continue to try out products from this line. I don't know why it took me so long to try Alpha Hydroxy, but I am so glad I did!

on 10/1/2013 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I just picked up a bottle of this low-foaming cleanser at Wallgreen's for under $6.00 bucks. Unlike most of the Alpha Hydrox products, this doesn't contain glycolic acid. It does, however, contain citric acid which is a type of AHA, but I don't think the PH is low enough to allow exfoliation. Not that it matters too much since you're just going to rinse it down the drain. Exfoiliating or not, after using it a few times, I have to say I'm really pleased with the results. My skin feels very soft and clean. I especially liked how quickly this removes oil and makeup without making me feel dry or tight. Just for the record, I have combination (normal to oily) sensitive skin. This might be too strong for someone who is super dry. Also, although this does foam, it doesn't foam nearly as much as the average foaming cleanser. So if you're into lots of bubbles, this might not be for you. Overall, a great product.

EDIT:
After using this for a while, I've started to notice some dryness. Not a lot, but I probably wouldn't buy it again. I only took off one lippie though, because it would probably be great for someone with super oily skin. For the record, I've switched to Aquanil.

on 3/15/2013 8:21:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I am usually vigilant about product ingredients before I use them on myself and I was wary of this product because it contains Sodium Laureth Sulfate and even Sodium Chloride (salt!) but I bought this anyway because of the great reviews on Makeupalley. MUA has proved extremely helpful to me over the years unfortunately this one did not live up to the rating - for me, anyway. I use a gentle cleanser in the AM (non foaming or stripping) and then in the PM remove my makeup with my usual Bioderma H20/Simple Wipes/a mild non-foaming cleanser and then maybe Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion afterwards as BHA toner. This time I used this to cleanse after removing makeup, then Decleor night balm. Literally even with the balm my skin felt so parched and I could tell this had "stripped" my skin and disrupted its protective acid mantle. The next morning I woke up to an irritated rash on my cheeks - like small red blisters. I could also feel an under the skin spot forming on my cheek. I immediately slathered on a rich, soothing mosituriser and luckily this calmed my face and stopped it from getting worse. The rash and spot luckily settled the next day however this experience was enough to make me throw out the wash. I should have known better anything "foaming" is too drying and stripping for me. Plus the claims of this product are false - they claim the product is "soap free" yet Sodium Laureth Sulfate is indeed one of the ingredients (albeit low down in the list - it's still there!). Plus the way you get most products to foam is the presence of a soap/detergent (SLS)!!! I stupidly thought because it wasn't in the top ingredients it would be fine but this experience has taught me to stay away from all skin products with SLS in the ingredients in future and I urge anyone else to do this even if they have combo skin (like me) or even oily...

on 7/4/2012 3:07:00 PM

I generally have pretty clear skin, but lately I've been dealing with a lot of stress so my skin started to freak out. I bought two bottles of this at drugstore.com because I had read so many good reviews, and thought maybe it could help me with my problems.

I never really have constant acne, so I was looking for something to quell my occasional acne flare ups. I have used an entire bottle of this and at this point I'm not very impressed.While this product seems to leave my skin clean, I haven't really seen a big difference in acne. I still get zits when I'm PMSing or under a lot of stress.

It's a good cleanser, my skin feels soft and clean after using it, I just wish it could have helped me with my problem areas. I think I"ll finish the other bottle (because I hate wasting things, even if they don't work) and continue my search for the perfect cleanser.

on 6/30/2011 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Love this cleanser. It cleans without drying or irritating, which is the only thing I want my cleanser to do! I used to use the La Roche Pasay Biomedic purifying cleanser, but this has the same results for about one-third the price. Also, it's pretty easy to find, at Harmon/Bed,Bath& Beyond and sometimes even TJ Maxx or Marshall's.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

No complaints. The price is low, the cleaning is effective -- nice and sudsy when I lather it in your hands before washing my face -- and I have not experienced any drying or other drawbacks. Not my HG ~ I usually switch up face cleansers whenever need more; it is an innocuous product. I do like the thoughtful packaging that allows me to easily control how much product comes out during use.

on 8/23/2009 10:52:00 PM

I am so glad I found this product. I have seen it in Ulta for the longest, but honestly the packaging is so ugly that I just skipped right over it. It looks very cheap...just goes to show that flashy packaging doesn't equal a good product.

I have revamped my skincare regime in the last month and a half. This cleanser is a great addition. I find it is the perfect pH for my skin. It is not too drying and removes excess makeup and oil. I have acne-prone skin that gets worse when using products with poor ingredients. This doesn't break me out and if I do have a spot I find that it goes away quicker and appears less inflamed. I am using along with the AHA 10% cream.
So far so good. This product is not costly and you don't have to use a lot of it. I think I will switch to the AHA cream cleanser in the winter months when my skin is naturally drier.

on 6/15/2009 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I find this cleanser too drying and a bit irritating to my sensitive, oily, rosacea and acne-prone skin. My face itches and feels very tight and uncomfortable unless I slather moisturizer on afterwards. It's also difficult for me to obtain locally, so it's a pain to have to order it online plus pay for shipping. I'll stick with my Dove beauty bar for sensitive skin.

on 4/8/2009 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

UPDATE: I am no longer using this. I went back to my Neutrogena One Step since this with the 10% AHA treatement was giving me a horrid rash. :(
I recently switched to this from my beloved Neutrogena One Step Cleanser because I wanted to try the AHA lotion so I bought the cleanser too. I am NOT disappointed. Love the cleanser and the AHA 10% lotion. My skin is noticeably smoother and clearer. Haven't seen a huge improvement in fine lines around my eyes, but that may take some time. I very much like this cleanser and plan to buy again and keep using.