Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

4.6

2018 Version:Water, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Glycerin, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, PEG-3 Distearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Idopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Sodium Chloride

on 3/10/2017 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have used this cleanser for years. I had very oily skin most of my life, and now that I am older, this is still one of the most gentle cleansers that really gets my skin clean. It can be wiped off with a cloth if you are in a situation with no water (like camping). It also cleans most eye makeup and is fairly gentle on the eyes, although the past year or so I have noticed it does sting more than it used to if it gets right in the eye.

The price is also very right.

Been using this with my Clarisonic for over a year now. Great basic cleanser, great price. No need to buy higher end product. This is thorough and leaves skin balanced.

on 7/12/2012 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this because Ulta was out of the cleanser I went in to buy, and because it has such good reviews. I had been using Cerave Hydrating Cleanser with a Clarisonic Mia. which was fine for removing mineral makeup, but now that I've switched to liquid foundation, I need something a little stronger. This works great both with the Clarsionic and alone. It does have an odd smell though, similar to that of Olay Senstive Skin Wash, and if i get any in my mouth it makes me gag. However, I rather have that then an added fragrance.

The reason I gave this 4 lippies is im not totally crazy about two of the ingredients, the first being sodium laureth sulfate which it doesn't much of but I'd rather it not have it all all, and the other being diazolidinyl urea which is a formaldehyde-releasing preservative that can be very irritating. Because this isn't meant to be left on, its probably ok, but I don't see the point of it being in there if there are already parabens--know they have their own controversy, but they are also the least irritating to the skin. I might buy this again.

on 9/15/2011 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

i have tried this product out for a month, but have decided to stop using. it strips my skin, and makes my face so "squeaky clean" it hurts and is irritated afterwards.
i have terribly dry, acne prone skin and thought this could be a gentle cleanser, but it made my acne worse.

on 6/9/2011 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Alpha Hydox is the BEST KEPT SECRET I know of! I've been using it for 25 yrs and friends now email/txt me to ask what my secret is for looking younger than my 58 real yrs. I have very sensitive skin and AH never bothers it. You only need a pea sized amount, on a gentle face brush. A bottle of the face scrub lasts me about 6mos. It rinses off completely, isn't drying. I use several other of the AH line, also~the price is affordable, the Neoteric website is EZ to use and items arrive promptly and packed well. I hated when WallyWorld stopped carrying the AH line, but am happier that I found that and MORE on the Neoteric website. The body wash is wonderful, too!
You just can't go wrong here!

on 12/26/2010 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Makes my skin smooth immediately after use. Removes makeup, gentle even on eyes, and deep cleans while lightly exfoliating. The smell is that chemical smell which I hate. There are no granules or scratchy pieces. It exfoliates using glycolic acid, I really recommend this to someone who wants to exfoliate daily, but doesn't want a harsh scrub. I have post acne marks so this, along with the aha souffle and boots glycolic peel, is helping to make them fade. This was about $8 at Ulta.

on 8/23/2010 10:50:00 PM

This is the only cleanser I will use. At times when I've run out or forgotten while traveling and thought, "my skin's been great lately, I'll try this stuff," I break out and regret it. I can only use this or Ponds' makeup remover towelettes. This stuff is great. I have a hard time finding it, so I buy a few bottles at a time on drugstore.com. It removes all my makeup without stinging or burning. It does leave me a little dry, but nothing a tiny bit of moisturizer doesn't take care of. A basic cleanser that removes my makeup and does not break me out. Ever.

on 6/29/2010 8:16:00 PM

Best cleanser I've ever used, but a note - you can't just wash your face with this stuff and go. It's a bit too drying for that. I use this in the morning with the AHA Gel and then the Sheer Silk moisturizer and at night I only use the AHA gel. Just put SOMETHING over it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is very utilitarian and doesn't foam much! Regardless, it gets the job done and is a wonderful makeup remover. Great product at a great price, and really, that's all the thought I want to put into my face wash anyway!!

on 5/10/2010 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Well, with my dry skin, I'm surprised, but I love this cleanser. I use it 3-4 times a week mixed in with a couple others so didn't really know how well it worked until I left it at my mom's a month ago. I just couldn't get my face as clean with any of my other cleansers OR toners. I love it!