Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

4.1

2018 Version:Water, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Glycerin, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, PEG-3 Distearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Idopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Sodium Chloride

on 11/1/2017 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Fantastic face wash. It foams but only slightly, so doesn't dry out your skin. I don't think it takes off makeup completely so I precleanse with micellar water but finish off with this face wash and haven't had any problems in the 8 months I have been using it. I run out fairly quickly (within 1.5-2 months) but ulta was having a sale where the face wash was only 2 dollars so I bought 5 of them recently for only 10 dollars. Highly recommend - also good for both summer and winter - I hate having to change up my skincare for different seasons so I appreciate products that I can use in any climate. Only complaint is that it is hard to get out the last bit of the face wash with the squeeze top but you can if you don't mind taking off the lid.

on 8/7/2016 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I just finished my first bottle of this cleanser. The current name is Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash, and is the same formula as Alpha Hydrox Foaming Face Wash with new packaging and branding.

I've been exploring the Alpha Skincare line of products for several months now, and so far I am greatly impressed. I bought the face wash during a dry weather spell, because my usual day time cleanser was was a bit too much. The product is a colorless pearlescent liquid, about the same viscosity of liquid dish soap. It is fragrance free, and emulsifies to a rich creamy lather with a tiny amount of water. The lather has great slip, which prevents tugging at the skin. I typically use a microfiber cloth to massage the cleanser around my face, neck and ears, and it holds up very well without turning thin. It rinses easily with water.

I found this product to be non-irritating, and it is perfect for normal to slightly dry or slightly oily skin. When my combination skin is having one of its more normal days, it doesn't over dry, and doesn't leave me greasy. If I have any thing to nitpick about, it would be that the formula is quite simple, for example, it might be nice if it had some anti-irritant ingredients. On the other hand, sometimes simple wins the day, especially for sensitive skin (which I have).

The formula contains Citric Acid, a form of AHA. Because this is a product that does not stay on the face, I didn't expect to it have any exfoliating properties--and it didn't. However, the acid content, and therefore pH balance, is a great prep for other acid products that might follow, whether that is Alpha's own AHA offerings, or other acid actives like BHA. I will definitely repurchase--the entire Alpha line is a super value for money, and is highly effective.

Ingredients: Water, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Glycerin, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, PEG-3 Distearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Idopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Sodium Chloride

on 3/6/2016 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Gave me huge cystic acne on my chin 3-4 days after I started using it everyday at night. The great thing is that this cleanser definitely removes makeup amazingly well - better than some luxury brand oil-free cleansers that claim to do the same. But of course, it's not worth it if it causes painful cysts in the process! I definitely do not recommend to anyone with very reactive skin.

on 12/22/2015 8:23:00 AM

so i tried this and found out that ingredients that starts with coco- break me out.ive learned that they are derived from the fatty acids of coconut oil and i think anything that is coconut oil related just never fails to break me out. this face wash contains those ingredients and in a matter of 12 hours gave me 3 cystic pimples and i just couldnt believe it having based it on the positive reviews.

pros: affordable
cons: breaks me out in a matter of hours.

i ask myself why i always try to change my routine when i no longer have acne problem, so it was a mistake to try this one when the cetaphil cleanser and mandelic acid toner from muac are all i need to be a hundred percent clear.

on 11/11/2015 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

One of the best cleansers I have ever tried. I just wish Canada would start carrying this line again. I try to stock up when I travel to the U.S, but it has been difficult to find lately. I only use this cleanser at night to remove anything the Clinique TTDO has not removed so 1 bottle lasted over a year for me. I also like that this does not make my face feel dry or tight after cleansing and removes any last trace of makeup left along my hairline.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Excellent cleanser. Removes makeup, sunscreen, and does not dry out or irritate my sensitive skin. Staple in my routine, will continue to repurchase and recommend to others. Doesnt irritate or cause redness, no tightness, and preps skin for serums and lotion. My skin is soft and supple every morning and evening.

Tip: I use the Burts Bees Royal Jelly Cleanser to clean my makeup first!

on 1/20/2015 5:17:00 AM

I used to like this cleanser in my early 20s, but I tried using it again recently and it does nothing but irritate and dry my skin. After a few uses I start to break out terribly. Perhaps my skin is more sensitive now than it used to be, either way I would not recommend this cleanser as anything more than a brush cleaner.

on 9/26/2014 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I'm on my third bottle of this and I love it. I wash my face with it while I'm in the shower and it makes my skin very smooth and soft without drying me out or being harsh at all.

on 1/19/2014 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

PROS: Cleans everything off. Doesn't dry me out or over moisturize me.

CONS: Doesn't work the best with Clarisonic. Need to pause a lot to foam it back up, otherwise it loses substance.

OTHER: It smells exactly like pHisoderm, another pH balanced cleanser. Maybe they use similar balancing ingredients. The one I'm reviewing has alkyl polyglycoside, though the official site says it should include Decyl Polyglucoside. They must have reformulated it. I will try the newer one in time.

OVERALL: I'd buy it again. It's a good cleanser, I can't find much fault with it.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Every time I get aggravated with another cleanser, I go back to alpha hydrox foaming. Cerave (both formulations,) cetaphil, albolene, ponds cream (I do like this one for makeup removal, though), proactiv, olay sensitive...the list goes on, but I'm confident you get the idea. Alpha hydrox doesn't *amaze me* as far its anti-aging abilities go (I'd not mention this but its on the label--one can only expect so much as far as product that stays on your skin so briefly), and it may prove quite drying for some. However, it is the one cleanser I can foam up, rub all over my face, and not worry about the consequences, and there's something to be said for that.

Sometimes I use alpha hydrox with my olay pro x brush; other times, I just use a simple wash cloth. If I've worn heavy duty makeup that day, I do pre-cleanse before using this, just to be sure. It does not sting my eye area, and I have quite sensitive eyes (plus wear contacts.) i do not recommend it as an eye makeup remover, but its great that it doesn't sting that area.

The price is not so bad--right in the middle for me, bit high for drugstores ($10 or so IME.) I use extrabucks from CVS to counter that. Love this product, and though i anticipate more experimentation in my face wash horizon, I always love to have this around when those experiments go awry.