Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

Filtered by hair type : Curly age: 25-29
Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

Price: $

Price: $

2018 Version:Water, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Glycerin, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, PEG-3 Distearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Idopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Sodium Chloride

on 10/29/2010 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'm on my third bottle with plans to purchase more. Having used a variety of cleansers in the past, most having been too drying (though I continue to use Cetaphil for normal/oily skin when in a pinch), I've settled on this one for the time being. Not overly drying or harsh. Removes makeup well enough (though obviously with heavy eye makeup a separate remover works better). Can't complain. Gentle enough for daily use on my sensitive, combo skin. I like it.

Update 08/2011: Still liking this facial soap. Works nicely for washing the entire face since it doesn't irritate my eyes.

Update 01/26/2012: Bought a couple more bottles. Am beginning to stockpile. ;-) It's still a good, gentle daily cleanser, though I have looked into an acne-treatment cleanser to alternate with this foaming face wash. I ordered Zapzyt's acne kit (includes a salicylic acid face wash and two treatment gels) to try after reading positive reviews and will see how that goes. But I have no plans on discontinuing the use of the reviewed face wash. Reasonably priced and effective, just not designed by itself to clear up acne (nor does it cause breakouts on me).

on 11/18/2009 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have been using this foaming wash for the past two weeks. So far, so good. It does manage my oily skin and it cleanses well. As a makeup remover, it does the trick; although, I havenít tested it against waterproof eye makeup. The consistency depends on your method of using it. I like to wet my face, shake the excess water out of my hands until they are slightly damp, apply a dime-sized amount of cleanser to my fingertips, rub together in hands, then apply to the face. That will give you a foamy lather (which, in my opinion, works the best for cleansing). The wetter your hands are, the soapier/wetter your lather will be, so I try to avoid that. I havenít seen any evidence of it drying out my skin or breaking me out. Because of the way it specially handles my oilies, I would say that it goes a bit further in effectiveness than Cetaphil and Purpose. And for the price, Alpha Hydrox is pretty incredible (ordered online).

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Combo, acne-prone skin that tends towards excessive oiliness or painful dryness with no rhyme or reason that I can discern. However, this cleanser has been working for me through the last part of winter and into the spring. It cleanses wonderfully without overdrying and is remarkably affordable (under $8 at Rite-Aid out here in CA). I bought my 2nd bottle last night... and I don't think I've ever re-purchased a cleanser before. I may have found my HG of cleansers. UPDATE 6/16/05: Bought my 3rd bottle last night and have no intention of switching to anything else anytime soon. UPDATE 9/11/05: Still no plans to switch to anything else.

on 9/8/2003 5:03:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this cleanser! This is totally holy grail material!!!! :) I have combo, sensitive, and acne-prone skin, and this cleanser is so gentle, yet it is very effective. I like it waaaaaaay better than both Cetaphil cleanser and Paula's Choice One Step Cleanser normal to dry. It is just as gentle, but is more effective, doesn't leave behind a residue, and doesn't leave my skin feeling dry, tight, or irritated. It foams up nicely, and removes all my face makeup, but usually need a bit of eye makeup remover to take off mascara. Highly recommended!