Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

Filtered by hair type : Other
Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

4.3

2018 Version:Water, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Glycerin, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, PEG-3 Distearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Idopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Sodium Chloride

on 1/19/2014 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

PROS: Cleans everything off. Doesn't dry me out or over moisturize me.

CONS: Doesn't work the best with Clarisonic. Need to pause a lot to foam it back up, otherwise it loses substance.

OTHER: It smells exactly like pHisoderm, another pH balanced cleanser. Maybe they use similar balancing ingredients. The one I'm reviewing has alkyl polyglycoside, though the official site says it should include Decyl Polyglucoside. They must have reformulated it. I will try the newer one in time.

OVERALL: I'd buy it again. It's a good cleanser, I can't find much fault with it.

OMG, this stuff is awful!! It left my face feeling and LOOKING parched and after a couple uses I noticed I felt itchiness on my face and was irritated/broken out worse!! I'm not 100% sure what it could be exactly b/c it might be something like the sulfate detergents or it could be the awful urea preservative in this, but either way I'm switching to something else.

on 12/19/2011 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

A nice mild cleanser, but after a couple of years of use I decided I needed something a little stronger at night for my oily face. I wear a lot of makeup to cover my acne scars and dark spots.

I use this in the mornings after I exercise and before I put on my moisturizer/makeup for the day. It's just right.

on 9/10/2011 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Love it, love it, love it!!! This is a great glycolic cleanser that doesn't have a strong smell! Foams great and doesn't overdry the skin. Good to use daily, morning and night. Preps the skin for additional products.. Removes makeup great during the evening.
Update 4/18/12:
I had wanted to update my regimen as I had been doing the same regimen for years. Bad mistake. I tried different cleansers and always came back to this one. Apparently don't fix something that's not broken. This cleanser still works wonders, great price and great lather. No breakouts and removes all makeup. This is MY HG cleanser.

on 6/15/2011 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

This has to be my favorite cleanser to date. It cleases my face throughly, doesnt irritate or cause redness, no tightness, and preps skin for serums and lotion. My skin is soft and supple every morning and evening. This is a great product for people who are using retinol (like me), glycolic acids, salicyclic acids, alpha hyrdroxy acids, or harsher chemical exfoliators. Must have and on sale usually at ulta.

This is on a par with Mario Badescu's Glycolic Foaming Cleanser for me and is cheaper. It doesn't dry my skin out as much as the lotion, so I could use it more if I wanted to. Keeps my skin clean and minimizes pores.

on 11/6/2010 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Great cleanser but not for daily use. It exfoliates a bit much for daily but I love it for a good cleanse. Very refreshing.

on 9/8/2010 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

This is a basic cleanser. Affordable but generic. Less oomph than MD forte cleansers but more powerful than cetaphil or any other drug store cleanser. This gets all my layers off easily and I do moisturize afterwards for comfort and for makeup. I like to use this mainly in the mornings to prep the skin for foundation and I will probably pick it up at the local CVS if on sale.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

No complaints. The price is low, the cleaning is effective -- nice and sudsy when I lather it in your hands before washing my face -- and I have not experienced any drying or other drawbacks. Not my HG ~ I usually switch up face cleansers whenever need more; it is an innocuous product. I do like the thoughtful packaging that allows me to easily control how much product comes out during use.

on 8/23/2010 10:50:00 PM

This is the only cleanser I will use. At times when I've run out or forgotten while traveling and thought, "my skin's been great lately, I'll try this stuff," I break out and regret it. I can only use this or Ponds' makeup remover towelettes. This stuff is great. I have a hard time finding it, so I buy a few bottles at a time on drugstore.com. It removes all my makeup without stinging or burning. It does leave me a little dry, but nothing a tiny bit of moisturizer doesn't take care of. A basic cleanser that removes my makeup and does not break me out. Ever.