Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium age: 25-29
Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

3.6

2018 Version:Water, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Glycerin, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, PEG-3 Distearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Idopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Sodium Chloride

on 12/22/2015 8:23:00 AM

so i tried this and found out that ingredients that starts with coco- break me out.ive learned that they are derived from the fatty acids of coconut oil and i think anything that is coconut oil related just never fails to break me out. this face wash contains those ingredients and in a matter of 12 hours gave me 3 cystic pimples and i just couldnt believe it having based it on the positive reviews.

pros: affordable
cons: breaks me out in a matter of hours.

i ask myself why i always try to change my routine when i no longer have acne problem, so it was a mistake to try this one when the cetaphil cleanser and mandelic acid toner from muac are all i need to be a hundred percent clear.

on 1/20/2015 5:17:00 AM

I used to like this cleanser in my early 20s, but I tried using it again recently and it does nothing but irritate and dry my skin. After a few uses I start to break out terribly. Perhaps my skin is more sensitive now than it used to be, either way I would not recommend this cleanser as anything more than a brush cleaner.

on 8/16/2014 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am trying out Alpha Hydroxy products recently. This was the second product I purchased from their line. My first was a 10% aha facial lotion. It didn't cause any breakouts and helped to minimize the look of blackheads on my nose and cheeks. I wad impressed enough to then buy this facial cleanser after that had purchased another cleanser that worked, but felt harsh.

This facial wash ia gentle and cleans well. It doesn't irritate my eyes. It doesn't get super foaming, but I don't really require my cleansers to lather and foam. I just require that they remove makeup. This one does that. It also pairs nicely with the AHA lotion at night and my Kaolin/glycerin day lotion.

Overall, I am impressed with this product. I will continue to try out products from this line. I don't know why it took me so long to try Alpha Hydroxy, but I am so glad I did!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Every time I get aggravated with another cleanser, I go back to alpha hydrox foaming. Cerave (both formulations,) cetaphil, albolene, ponds cream (I do like this one for makeup removal, though), proactiv, olay sensitive...the list goes on, but I'm confident you get the idea. Alpha hydrox doesn't *amaze me* as far its anti-aging abilities go (I'd not mention this but its on the label--one can only expect so much as far as product that stays on your skin so briefly), and it may prove quite drying for some. However, it is the one cleanser I can foam up, rub all over my face, and not worry about the consequences, and there's something to be said for that.

Sometimes I use alpha hydrox with my olay pro x brush; other times, I just use a simple wash cloth. If I've worn heavy duty makeup that day, I do pre-cleanse before using this, just to be sure. It does not sting my eye area, and I have quite sensitive eyes (plus wear contacts.) i do not recommend it as an eye makeup remover, but its great that it doesn't sting that area.

The price is not so bad--right in the middle for me, bit high for drugstores ($10 or so IME.) I use extrabucks from CVS to counter that. Love this product, and though i anticipate more experimentation in my face wash horizon, I always love to have this around when those experiments go awry.

on 9/15/2011 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

i have tried this product out for a month, but have decided to stop using. it strips my skin, and makes my face so "squeaky clean" it hurts and is irritated afterwards.
i have terribly dry, acne prone skin and thought this could be a gentle cleanser, but it made my acne worse.

on 5/1/2011 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

What a great find! This cleanser appealed to me because it was inexpensive, fragrance-free, and didn't look like it would dry out my skin. I was afraid it wouldn't cleanse my skin thoroughly enough since I have a T-zone that can get pretty oily. This cleanser left my skin completely clean and soft and no "squeaky" feeling. I highly recommend this product if you have sensitive, acne-prone skin and are using prescription retinoids (Retin-A, Differin, Tazorac, etc.) to treat acne. Also a good cleanser to consider for any skin type, really.

on 2/2/2011 8:54:00 AM

I'm confused.. Where's the foam?? I have been using this face wash for a week now and I try so hard to work up a lather and I never get it. Maybe I bought a defect bottle? Because I can't get the lather I want, I have to wash twice and even after 2 times, my makeup still isn't off! Back on the search for a face wash....

on 12/10/2009 6:24:00 PM

Good basic cleanser that removed all my makeup in one wash. Not expensive and easy to find in my area. This was just too drying for my slightly oily acne prone skin.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have combo skin that is mildly acne prone...mostly hormonal.

A few weeks ago, I went to the beach and my friend gave me facial sunscreen...it made me breakout horribly for 2 weeks, with whiteheads, pimples and cystic. I was mortified, didn't want to leave my house...went to sephora, dropped $$$ on Peter Ross (???) products which didn't make much of a different.

Cue Alpha Hydrox.

I live in NYC so didn't think I could get it anywhere... we don't have walmarts or quality drugstores... duane reade is trash. Someone recommended Price Wise and I looked all over, and I was in luck...after 15 minutes of searching.

After 2 weeks, and at the beginning of "that time of the month" (when my skin is normally the worst), my skin looks great.... I use it twice a day and have been so pleased with the results, I'm thinking of buying the other products!

on 8/23/2009 10:52:00 PM

I am so glad I found this product. I have seen it in Ulta for the longest, but honestly the packaging is so ugly that I just skipped right over it. It looks very cheap...just goes to show that flashy packaging doesn't equal a good product.

I have revamped my skincare regime in the last month and a half. This cleanser is a great addition. I find it is the perfect pH for my skin. It is not too drying and removes excess makeup and oil. I have acne-prone skin that gets worse when using products with poor ingredients. This doesn't break me out and if I do have a spot I find that it goes away quicker and appears less inflamed. I am using along with the AHA 10% cream.
So far so good. This product is not costly and you don't have to use a lot of it. I think I will switch to the AHA cream cleanser in the winter months when my skin is naturally drier.