Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

2018 Version:Water, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Glycerin, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, PEG-3 Distearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Idopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Sodium Chloride

on 6/15/2011 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

This has to be my favorite cleanser to date. It cleases my face throughly, doesnt irritate or cause redness, no tightness, and preps skin for serums and lotion. My skin is soft and supple every morning and evening. This is a great product for people who are using retinol (like me), glycolic acids, salicyclic acids, alpha hyrdroxy acids, or harsher chemical exfoliators. Must have and on sale usually at ulta.

on 5/18/2011 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this for the past two years. If you have oily to normal skin, break out often, and are frustrated with every single department store brand (clean and clear, neutrogena, garbage, whatever else) you need to stop wasting time and try this product out. If it doesn't work, all you lost was $6.99 (at ULTA.) If it works out, you saved yourself a lot of money in the long run.

BE PATIENT! Don't expect things to change overnight. It may take 2-4 weeks for your skin to relax and notice the change. The first few times I used it, I broke out TERRIBLY, but thats probably because my face wasn't used to the new face wash. I gave it some time, and I found a winner!

Unless you are breaking out crazy sores, or having an allergic reaction, anything other than pimples, you shouldn't be worried. Try it out!

on 5/26/2010 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have acne prone skin. I just bought this cleanser at TJ max at around 5 dollars. I thought that was reasonable. I like the way it leaves your skin feeling clean. The problem was that I broke out with painful cystic acne in areas that I have never had acne before. I continued to use the cleanser figuring as some other reviewers believed that it was purging my skin. I realized that it was the cleanser. I returned it, will never use it again. If u have acne prone skin, dont use this.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have been using Alph Hydrox products for about 2 months now. I use the Foaming face wash in the am and pm, I alternate nights using the 14% swipes and 10% enhanced lotion, and I occassionally use the 8% cream during the day.
This is a very simple cleanser. I don't think it really does anything to improve the appearance of my skin, but I don't look to cleansers to do anything more than clean my skin and take off my makeup. It does a good job cleansing, leaving my skin feeling comfortable, not oily or too dry. I was using Clinique's Liquid Facial Soap Mild, but bought this to go along with my Alpha Hydrox regimen as it is supposed to "prepare" the skin for the ahas. I think they are quite similiar in how they clean the skin without stripping.
Price is $6.99 for 6 oz., which is a great deal. I have purchased through the Neoteric website, and have lucked out to find it at TJ Maxx for $3.99, also.
Any one looking for a no frills cleanser that gets the job done will probably be happy with this.

on 11/24/2008 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Great basic skin cleanser!! I bought this dirt cheap at Marshalls and I am very pleased. It's fragrance free, and cleanses very well with no weird residue. I use retin a cream nightly and this face wash does not irritate my already sensitive skin. Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Hands down, this is the best drugstore cleanser on the market! It removes makeup and cleanses skin without over-drying. I sometimes alternate this cleanser with my ProActiv Renewing Cleanser on days when my skin is feeling a bit dry. This is a foaming cleanser, yet it is mild and soothing to the skin (it's fragrance free). Plus, at $6.49, it's affordable for everyone!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This cleanser is wonderful. I bought it based on the reviews here and am nearing the end of this tube and will repurchase ASAP. I love that it feels like it really cleans and leaves no residue at all. I have noticed my skin cleared up on my forehead where I was starting to get breakouts also.
One of the best cleansers I've used.

on 7/25/2006 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the best non medicated face wash I have found. I absolulty love it, I stock up on it because I dont want to be without it. I do facial peels, and this is the only wash that I will use during that process because it is soo gentle, yet is thouroly cleanses and removes oil without stripping your skin. I have never broken out from this.And it doesnt feel like it leaves a greesy film on your skin after you wash.

on 7/23/2004 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

this face wash is great. it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and feels wonderful. the packaging isn't too lovely, but who cares?!--it's face wash and just sits in your bathroom.

on 11/17/2003 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

THis is a really nice cleanser...and it's totally non-irritating, soap free and FRAGRANCE FREE (yay!). It cleanses nicely and does not dry out my skin. It really is gentle enough to remove mascara and other kinds of eye makeup. Nice, simple product, and cheap, too.