Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

4.3

2018 Version:Water, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Glycerin, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, PEG-3 Distearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Idopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Sodium Chloride

on 11/1/2017 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Fantastic face wash. It foams but only slightly, so doesn't dry out your skin. I don't think it takes off makeup completely so I precleanse with micellar water but finish off with this face wash and haven't had any problems in the 8 months I have been using it. I run out fairly quickly (within 1.5-2 months) but ulta was having a sale where the face wash was only 2 dollars so I bought 5 of them recently for only 10 dollars. Highly recommend - also good for both summer and winter - I hate having to change up my skincare for different seasons so I appreciate products that I can use in any climate. Only complaint is that it is hard to get out the last bit of the face wash with the squeeze top but you can if you don't mind taking off the lid.

on 9/23/2015 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

After using ~4+ bottles of this stuff, here goes...

After using a much more expensive ($30) Boscia face wash that was basically the same (except Boscia tests on animals and Alpha Hydrox doesn't) I'm ready to switch back. Both super-basic face washes. No unnecessary bells or whistles that (according to Paula Beugon) won't have contact on your face long enough to have an effect, which I agree.

Something that was a perk: it's gentle enough to remove eye makeup. It used to be written right there on the bottle. Though it was removed prob b/c they finally hired a lawyer that thought it was a bad idea & not a reformulation issue.

The beef I have with this ultra-gentle cleanser is that it has a super-low amount of surfactants (chemicals that make things slippery, like glycerin/silicone). If my face is a tad too wet (aka, if I'm in the shower or using a scrub pad), I need to double the amount I'm using. After 2 months, I'm run low, so the re-purchase rate is a little too frequent for my taste...Buut I've yet to find a good replacement.

For anyone that's vegan, the glycerin they use is vegetable-based, but the customer rep "wouldn't call it a vegetarian product," even though that was the only possible animal-based ingredient. Ookay...

on 9/9/2012 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Got it free when I purchased the 10% aha lotion. Broke me out like crazy! There's more than 20 red bumps on my chin, each of them with a yellow head. I know it's this cleanser because I never get such severe breakouts all at once. Didn't experience any stinging

on 2/28/2012 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I really like this product, no bad chemicals. Keeps my face clean and feeling nice, no cons at all about it. I would repurchase again, I like it a lot it feels soft against my skin. I enjoy the foaming feeling. I would defenately try Alpha Hydrox line!

on 12/19/2011 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

A nice mild cleanser, but after a couple of years of use I decided I needed something a little stronger at night for my oily face. I wear a lot of makeup to cover my acne scars and dark spots.

I use this in the mornings after I exercise and before I put on my moisturizer/makeup for the day. It's just right.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

For reference I have oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin.
I have been using this for about 6 months now morning and night along with their 10% AHA Gel. Definitely worth the $6 I paid for it. It has made my skin a lot smoother and has eliminated my old acne and prevented almost all new acne other than an occasional pimple here and there. It did not dry my skin either. HG face wash for sure. Will definitely buy again!

on 8/20/2011 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great product! Doesn't overdry skin, doesn't contain perfumes and alcohol. It made me realize that for years cleansers I used were overdrying my skin thus causing acne. Unfortunately, haven't found yet any way do buy it directly from a seller in Europe.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this with my Olay face brush and it works great. It removes all my make-up, and
I have almost zero visible pores or blackheads after using this for a month. I didn't like the Alpha Hydrox lotion as much because it made my face sting a bit, but this cleaner is gentle, removes everything (foundation, eye-makeup, oilies) and makes my face glow before I even put on moisterizer.

[edit------7/7/11]
My sister recently began breaking out badly with large painful pimples on areas of her face that she never even got acne before (i.e. center of cheeks, between eyebrows.)
I made her use this face wash with my Olay brush and after 2 days half her acne disappeared. Within a week her skin was 80% clear again. I don't think the Alpha Hydrox face wash has any acne fighting ingredients (such as benzoyl peroxide) but it does such a good job of cleansing, I really believe it prevents and clears acne without even needing those ingredients. I can't ask for more from this cleanser!

on 5/1/2011 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

What a great find! This cleanser appealed to me because it was inexpensive, fragrance-free, and didn't look like it would dry out my skin. I was afraid it wouldn't cleanse my skin thoroughly enough since I have a T-zone that can get pretty oily. This cleanser left my skin completely clean and soft and no "squeaky" feeling. I highly recommend this product if you have sensitive, acne-prone skin and are using prescription retinoids (Retin-A, Differin, Tazorac, etc.) to treat acne. Also a good cleanser to consider for any skin type, really.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is very utilitarian and doesn't foam much! Regardless, it gets the job done and is a wonderful makeup remover. Great product at a great price, and really, that's all the thought I want to put into my face wash anyway!!