Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

Filtered by skin type : Normal age: 25-29
Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

4.3

2018 Version:Water, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Glycerin, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, PEG-3 Distearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Idopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Sodium Chloride

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have combo skin that is mildly acne prone...mostly hormonal.

A few weeks ago, I went to the beach and my friend gave me facial sunscreen...it made me breakout horribly for 2 weeks, with whiteheads, pimples and cystic. I was mortified, didn't want to leave my house...went to sephora, dropped $$$ on Peter Ross (???) products which didn't make much of a different.

Cue Alpha Hydrox.

I live in NYC so didn't think I could get it anywhere... we don't have walmarts or quality drugstores... duane reade is trash. Someone recommended Price Wise and I looked all over, and I was in luck...after 15 minutes of searching.

After 2 weeks, and at the beginning of "that time of the month" (when my skin is normally the worst), my skin looks great.... I use it twice a day and have been so pleased with the results, I'm thinking of buying the other products!

on 8/13/2009 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Over the past 3 months I revamped my skin regime to include: ALPHA HYDROX Souffle 12% AHA, ALPHA HYDROX Foaming Face Wash, ALPHA HYDROX Toner-Astringent and ALPHA HYDROX Sheer Silk Moisturizer w/SPF15 .

The cleanser makes my skin feel squeaky clean and the price is fantastic. I will probably have it for a year, so even more of a bargain.

My face has been glowing, I would definitely buy this range again.

on 7/30/2009 8:09:00 AM

Generally good gentle basic face wash. It doesn't do anything special. I don't know if it removes makeup well or not because I remove my makeup with DHC oil before washing, but my face does feel clean after and not tight or dry. Good to use if you are using the other components of the alpha hydrox system

on 11/2/2007 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A good cleanser if you are sensitive to other products and don't have dry skin. I purchased it from drugstore.com after reading the awesome reviews here, and I thought it might be too drying for my normal-to-dry skin, but it's fine, no flakes or stripping. The smell is inoffensive but plasticky/gluey, it does not linger though and would not irritate anyone sensitive to fragrance. I don't use this cleanser to remove makeup, as I find it gets really thin and hard to use...but for morning, it's fine. The packaging isn't aesthetically pleasing (looks like hospital fare!), but it travels really well, no spillage. This cleanser is a fairly boring one, so if you need that, check this out...I like Bliss Foaming better because of the exfoliation, so I'm sticking with that.

on 4/6/2007 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I searched high and low for this skincare line and i ended up ordering it online when they had the buy one get one free deal. I have normal skin prone to occasional breakouts.This is a very nice face wash..removes all my makeup and face feels squeaky clean afterward. But the scent is such a turnoff :( I dont think i will be buying this again..
UPDATE*** Back to 5 stars..this stuff is good..it does cut breakouts..

on 11/4/2005 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my HG cleanser of all time and the only cleanser I've ever been able to use year-round. It effectively removes dirt, oil, and make-up yet is so gentle and non-drying that I can use it in winter when my skin is drier. In the past I've battled eczema every winter but not since I started using Alpha Hydrox. It is fragrance-free but I too have noticed a faint glue smell. It doesn't bother me at all though I can understand how those used to fragrance might not like it. Its eye make-up removing properties aren't all that great although I've never found a cleanser that removes all eye make-up. Still, I'm happy using a separate MU remover with my cleanser--makes me feel better anyway. I have one bottle on the sink, one in the shower, one in my travel kit, and 5 or 6 stashed away. I always order directly from Neoteric when they have their free shipping specials or from drugstore.com since I can't get the cleanser anywhere in my town. This is definitely a winner at $5.99 a bottle! I'm not even tempted to try something different.

on 1/4/2005 1:21:00 PM

An HG product for me! Awesome for everyday use year-round and on all skintypes (and I mention this because my skin has becomes dry during the harsh New England Winters and it's oily in the summer). It helped to calm down my acne irritated skin yet it's strong enough to remove all of my makeup and sunscreen at the end of the day.

Edit: It's been almost three years since I've reviewed this product and everyone who has reached for this cleanser in my household (husband, family, guests, etc.) has converted. I've even given away my travel containers of it to hold people over until they could get some of their own. If I've moved somewhere that doesn't have a store that carries it (it can be a little tough to find sometimes) my husband asks me to stock up online. While I'm willing to try new cleansers (and have acquired a face wash wasteland in the process) my husband refuses to use anything else.

Just as a note, I switched sunscreens to LRP dermo peds and unfortunately it didn't remove it all. But, I incorporated DHC cleansing oil into my routine at night followed by the Alpha Hydrox foaming face cleanser and the combo has worked beautifully for me. All my sunscreen/makeup is removed and absolutely no dryness or tightness in my face. Please, oh please, I hope Alpha Hydrox keeps this product around for a long, long time.

on 3/27/2004 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. Takes off my make up well. Good pick for a AHA cleanser and at a decent price as well. It is a lot better than the MD Formulations facial cleanser at $32 I was using before. It does dry it out a little though.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Eh. Okay. *shrug*

Gets the face clean, which I suppose is the purpose. I won't give too many bells for that, not breaking me out nor drying me out - I mean those things are supposed to be 'given'... however, although it lacks cons, there's not too many resounding pros for this. Just "It Gets Your Face Clean."

Two minor irritations (not of the skin kind, of the annoyance kind) was I wasn't particularly keen on the scent - it wasn't "BAD" but it was a wee bit mediciney. But okay that fades. I also didn't like the bottle too much, when it goes down a bit its a lil too 'thick' or something because when washing my face I shouldn't have to spend x-amount of time holding the bottle upside down to get the cleanser out. (Think of those Heinz Ketchup commercials....) Granted that could go for most cleansers in this style of bottle... but still was a bit of an annoyance factor. continued >>