Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

4.4

2018 Version:Water, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Glycerin, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, PEG-3 Distearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Idopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Sodium Chloride

The first time I used this my face felt SO smooth afterwards. It's great if you need to remove stubborn make up - doesn't sting your eyes at all and takes everything off with ease.

However as a daily face wash it's not strong enough for me. I don't have acne but I do have stubborn blackheads which this doesn't clear. I like to have it to take my make up off but need something with a deeper cleanse as a daily face wash.

I might try it again as a night wash and see how that works.

on 1/30/2012 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this cleanser. This face wash foams up great and cleans my face very well. It removes every trace of makeup and makes my skin so smooth. I have noticed that acne scars have lightened, too. I have tried many cleansers like Clean and Clear, Purpose, Cetaphil, Olay, Mario Badescu, Proactiv and more and have not been as pleased as I have with this one. The packaging is pretty basic, but I don't get why people complain about something as stupid as that. You're not uploading pics of it on Facebook, so who cares?! It comes in a squeeze bottle, so it's hygienic. If you want pretty packaging, get some rhinestones and glue them onto the bottle...Geez.......Walgreens carries this, as well as Ulta.
EDIT-After using this a while, it seems that it's a bit drying. Still a good cleanser, but not for every day use.

on 1/27/2011 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

What I like about Alpha Hydrox Foaming Face wash is that it removes all my makeup. No need to use makeup remover wipes before washing my face. It also doesn't leave my skin feeling dry or striped.

I only use this at night. I use a CeraVe hydrating facial wash in the morning to remove any remotes of my Retin-A and moisturizer from the night before.

The skincare line is called Alpha Hydrox. This cleanser does not include any AHAs even though some reviewers state that it does. You don't need an AHA in your facial cleanser anyway, it just gets washed off. Use their souffle for exfoliating.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

No complaints. The price is low, the cleaning is effective -- nice and sudsy when I lather it in your hands before washing my face -- and I have not experienced any drying or other drawbacks. Not my HG ~ I usually switch up face cleansers whenever need more; it is an innocuous product. I do like the thoughtful packaging that allows me to easily control how much product comes out during use.

Don't get me wrong, this product is great. It has a light feel to your skin, and it removes makeup off your face pretty well. HOWEVER, like the previous user, I also do not have oily skin and therefore dried out from it. I used it for two weeks and now my face is peeling as if I got sunburnt :( If you have oily skin, this product will probably work out for you really well....if you don't have oily skin, DON'T use it.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I used this facial cleanser over 10 years ago and I found it quite drying, but then again I have normal skin so I am not this product's target consumer. This is an OK cleanser, but if you do not oily skin, I would recommend you find another option to cleanse your skin.

on 10/7/2009 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I tried the Alpha Hydrox line based on the reviews from drugstore.com. The facial wash is nice and it not drying to the skin. I use this twice a day in combination with the other products...

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have combo skin that is mildly acne prone...mostly hormonal.

A few weeks ago, I went to the beach and my friend gave me facial sunscreen...it made me breakout horribly for 2 weeks, with whiteheads, pimples and cystic. I was mortified, didn't want to leave my house...went to sephora, dropped $$$ on Peter Ross (???) products which didn't make much of a different.

Cue Alpha Hydrox.

I live in NYC so didn't think I could get it anywhere... we don't have walmarts or quality drugstores... duane reade is trash. Someone recommended Price Wise and I looked all over, and I was in luck...after 15 minutes of searching.

After 2 weeks, and at the beginning of "that time of the month" (when my skin is normally the worst), my skin looks great.... I use it twice a day and have been so pleased with the results, I'm thinking of buying the other products!

on 9/5/2009 9:41:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love this stuff. It takes off make up, especially mascara very well. It works a lot better than the philosophy stuff I was using and is a lot cheaper.

on 8/13/2009 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Over the past 3 months I revamped my skin regime to include: ALPHA HYDROX Souffle 12% AHA, ALPHA HYDROX Foaming Face Wash, ALPHA HYDROX Toner-Astringent and ALPHA HYDROX Sheer Silk Moisturizer w/SPF15 .

The cleanser makes my skin feel squeaky clean and the price is fantastic. I will probably have it for a year, so even more of a bargain.

My face has been glowing, I would definitely buy this range again.