Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 25-29
Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

4.6

2018 Version:Water, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Glycerin, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, PEG-3 Distearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Idopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Sodium Chloride

on 6/10/2012 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Its a good, foamy, lathering cream face wash in a pump. I used it with my Clarisonic and found it made my skin more red. Its probably because I was over exfoliating my face. If your going to use this to hand wash your face then it will work nicely, as its very pH balancing & oil free. I find it to be effective even if I use it every other day with my clarisonic and alternate. But for daily use, I had to choose-Clarisonic or AHA face wash, I chose my Clarisonic.

on 9/30/2010 1:56:00 PM

OH my goodness. Never again. I bought this based on the rave reviews on Amazon. It may be OK for people to use, say, a few times per week, but it definitely over-exfoliated my skin to the point of dryness and rough red patches, weird rash-like stuff on my cheeks, pimples and cysts, when I used it twice per day as directed. My face has NEVER looked so bad, to the best of my memory. I kept using it for a week, thinking my skin was purging, but as soon as I stopped using it, my skin starting looking better again, gradually. I think my skin may be sensitive to the alpha hydroxy acids, but ladies with sensitive skin, beware. I think I will stick to products with lactic acid as a more gentle alternative for exfoliation! I learned my lesson!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Love this cleanser. It takes off my make up even my waterproof mascara. It leaves my face clean and so far I am in love with this product. I am acne prone and oily, also decided to start using anti wrinkle products recently so I decided to give Alhpa Hydrox products a try and I am pleased with this stuff, even compared to Philosophy products I have tried in the past.
EDIT: I cannot use it anymore. My face was beginning to get irritated, dry and itchy because I have to use BP I am assuming. I would imagine this would work very well for someone who didn't have acne prone skin or who didn't need BP. I have switched back to cetephil and started using Ponds Cold Cream to remove make up I think I just need something more gentle to cleanse and remove my make up since I use AHA, benzoyl peroxide and retinol. I will still give it a yes to repurchase because it works like it says.

I've looked forever for the right cheap, simple facewash, and I finally found it. I positively love this stuff; it leaves my skin feeling clean and tight, and I literally glow after using it. I will repurchase again and again.

on 7/10/2009 1:53:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I have normal/combination skin depending on the season, it's not overly sensitive either and I really like this cleanser. I didn't expect it to do anything other than clean my face, which it does quite well, but what I do like is that it's very gentle and never stings if it gets into my eyes. I use it to wash off any eye makeup residue because of that. It's just a very simple good cleanser that doesn't irritate or dry out my skin. It would be great if they'd update the bottle, because it's annoying to wait for the product to run down the sides of the container once there isn't much left, and you can't really stand it upside down either...The price is good though, considering that the Neoteric Cosmetics website (which is where I get it) has often specials to buy one and get one 1/2 off, so I try to stock up during those times.

on 4/15/2009 6:41:00 PM

This is probably the best cleanser that I have tried! In a little over a week, it has really cleared my skin, plus it washes off all my makeup. I will definitely repurchase!

Alpha Hydrox, I'm so sorry for leaving you for a fancier looking, more expensive cleanser (Purity Made Simple.) It cannot even compare to you. You even love me so much that after that other one left me dry and broken out and depressed, you fixed me as soon as i came groveling back. I'll never stray again.

I purchased this product after reading the excellent reviews here. I love it. It is a great cleanser that removes all of my makeup--including my eye makeup. It doesn't leave any residue on my face. I've been using this with the AHA Souffle and have seen a tremendous difference in my skin!

on 8/1/2007 11:32:00 PM

I got this FWP from drugstore.com. I already had an ok wash, and was excited to try this too! That night I did the usual, pull my hair back into a bun and put a headband on so my hair wouldnt get wet... anyways - I like the simple bottle very much. I find pumps get full of water if theyre in the shower, so this was just perfect. I wet my face and put a little ithe palm of my hands to make a lather. At this point I noticed the scent, wich isnt too much of anything, kind of smells like Cetaphil cleanser, but not as chemical. It felt smooth on my skin and rinsed off fairly easy. Im always worried i didnt rinse something off completely even though it probably did. i rinsed again with cooler water and looked up at the mirror and i was so happy! My skin looked and felt very clean but not at all stripped. I was a little cautious trying this since my skin can be dry and i do NOT need more dryness!! This dosnt dry me out at all, it leaves a nice smooth clean canvas for your makeup. this my friends, might just prove itself to be HG status for a simple, affordable, soap free cleanser!!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Combo, acne-prone skin that tends towards excessive oiliness or painful dryness with no rhyme or reason that I can discern. However, this cleanser has been working for me through the last part of winter and into the spring. It cleanses wonderfully without overdrying and is remarkably affordable (under $8 at Rite-Aid out here in CA). I bought my 2nd bottle last night... and I don't think I've ever re-purchased a cleanser before. I may have found my HG of cleansers. UPDATE 6/16/05: Bought my 3rd bottle last night and have no intention of switching to anything else anytime soon. UPDATE 9/11/05: Still no plans to switch to anything else.