Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

Filtered by age: 44-55
Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

4.6

2018 Version:Water, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Glycerin, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, PEG-3 Distearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Idopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Sodium Chloride

on 8/7/2016 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I just finished my first bottle of this cleanser. The current name is Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash, and is the same formula as Alpha Hydrox Foaming Face Wash with new packaging and branding.

I've been exploring the Alpha Skincare line of products for several months now, and so far I am greatly impressed. I bought the face wash during a dry weather spell, because my usual day time cleanser was was a bit too much. The product is a colorless pearlescent liquid, about the same viscosity of liquid dish soap. It is fragrance free, and emulsifies to a rich creamy lather with a tiny amount of water. The lather has great slip, which prevents tugging at the skin. I typically use a microfiber cloth to massage the cleanser around my face, neck and ears, and it holds up very well without turning thin. It rinses easily with water.

I found this product to be non-irritating, and it is perfect for normal to slightly dry or slightly oily skin. When my combination skin is having one of its more normal days, it doesn't over dry, and doesn't leave me greasy. If I have any thing to nitpick about, it would be that the formula is quite simple, for example, it might be nice if it had some anti-irritant ingredients. On the other hand, sometimes simple wins the day, especially for sensitive skin (which I have).

The formula contains Citric Acid, a form of AHA. Because this is a product that does not stay on the face, I didn't expect to it have any exfoliating properties--and it didn't. However, the acid content, and therefore pH balance, is a great prep for other acid products that might follow, whether that is Alpha's own AHA offerings, or other acid actives like BHA. I will definitely repurchase--the entire Alpha line is a super value for money, and is highly effective.

Ingredients: Water, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Glycerin, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, PEG-3 Distearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Idopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Sodium Chloride

Been using this with my Clarisonic for over a year now. Great basic cleanser, great price. No need to buy higher end product. This is thorough and leaves skin balanced.

on 11/11/2015 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

One of the best cleansers I have ever tried. I just wish Canada would start carrying this line again. I try to stock up when I travel to the U.S, but it has been difficult to find lately. I only use this cleanser at night to remove anything the Clinique TTDO has not removed so 1 bottle lasted over a year for me. I also like that this does not make my face feel dry or tight after cleansing and removes any last trace of makeup left along my hairline.

on 11/2/2012 3:52:00 AM

Lovely product, one of my favourites. A little goes a long way, does not dry out the skin and is fragrance free.I hate fragranced skin care, that nice smell that so many people seem to want in their face creams and washes is not skin care.No dry tight feeling after using this, just nice and soft. This is a water soluable cleanser with just a slight foaming action.I will buy this again and again.

on 6/9/2012 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This is just a so-so product for me. It doesn't dry out my skin, but it also does not do a good job of removing my makeup. If you use light makeup or none at all, this would be a decent product for you. It's nothing but glorified soap though....don't buy it thinking it contains AHAs

I'll add another good review for this cleanser. Removes makeup without irritation. I used an entire bottle without it drying me out. Price is good for the amount you get -- very reasonable for such a good cleanser. The plastic bottle is basic, but easy to use in the shower and you can get every last drop. Bottle lasted about two months of daily use. Wish it was available in UK stores because prices on amazon here are crazy. Have to wait for another trip to US to repurchase.

on 6/30/2011 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Love this cleanser. It cleans without drying or irritating, which is the only thing I want my cleanser to do! I used to use the La Roche Pasay Biomedic purifying cleanser, but this has the same results for about one-third the price. Also, it's pretty easy to find, at Harmon/Bed,Bath& Beyond and sometimes even TJ Maxx or Marshall's.

on 1/27/2011 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

What I like about Alpha Hydrox Foaming Face wash is that it removes all my makeup. No need to use makeup remover wipes before washing my face. It also doesn't leave my skin feeling dry or striped.

I only use this at night. I use a CeraVe hydrating facial wash in the morning to remove any remotes of my Retin-A and moisturizer from the night before.

The skincare line is called Alpha Hydrox. This cleanser does not include any AHAs even though some reviewers state that it does. You don't need an AHA in your facial cleanser anyway, it just gets washed off. Use their souffle for exfoliating.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

For reference I am 49 yrs old. Combination oily normal. T zone is oily. Have had acne issues all of my life. Fine lines including above the lip. Sun spots and slight to moderate crows feet.

This product does perform as advertised. It cleanses my skin without stripping it. It removes all makeup (excluding waterproof mascara or EL but I use a specific remover for that, Lancome).

I never have to worry about traces of foundation or other makeup being left behind.

Yes I will purchase this again and keep using it. I picked up this last bottle for about 5 US dollars at a local drug store. Good deal and it does work.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

As other reviewers stated, this is a good basic cleanser. I've been using this for over a year, morning and night. Removes all makeup and mascara (no more raccoon eyes after cleansing!). You will have to follow up with a moisturizer as recommended, but at my age, I don't have a problem with using a moisturizer. Also, the packaging allows you to see how much product you have left. I can't find it at any store, so when drugstore.com has a sale, I'm right there stocking up. Yep, another keeper!