Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

Filtered by age: 25-29
Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

4.2

2018 Version:Water, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Glycerin, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, PEG-3 Distearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Idopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Sodium Chloride

on 3/6/2016 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Gave me huge cystic acne on my chin 3-4 days after I started using it everyday at night. The great thing is that this cleanser definitely removes makeup amazingly well - better than some luxury brand oil-free cleansers that claim to do the same. But of course, it's not worth it if it causes painful cysts in the process! I definitely do not recommend to anyone with very reactive skin.

on 12/22/2015 8:23:00 AM

so i tried this and found out that ingredients that starts with coco- break me out.ive learned that they are derived from the fatty acids of coconut oil and i think anything that is coconut oil related just never fails to break me out. this face wash contains those ingredients and in a matter of 12 hours gave me 3 cystic pimples and i just couldnt believe it having based it on the positive reviews.

pros: affordable
cons: breaks me out in a matter of hours.

i ask myself why i always try to change my routine when i no longer have acne problem, so it was a mistake to try this one when the cetaphil cleanser and mandelic acid toner from muac are all i need to be a hundred percent clear.

on 1/20/2015 5:17:00 AM

I used to like this cleanser in my early 20s, but I tried using it again recently and it does nothing but irritate and dry my skin. After a few uses I start to break out terribly. Perhaps my skin is more sensitive now than it used to be, either way I would not recommend this cleanser as anything more than a brush cleaner.

on 8/16/2014 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am trying out Alpha Hydroxy products recently. This was the second product I purchased from their line. My first was a 10% aha facial lotion. It didn't cause any breakouts and helped to minimize the look of blackheads on my nose and cheeks. I wad impressed enough to then buy this facial cleanser after that had purchased another cleanser that worked, but felt harsh.

This facial wash ia gentle and cleans well. It doesn't irritate my eyes. It doesn't get super foaming, but I don't really require my cleansers to lather and foam. I just require that they remove makeup. This one does that. It also pairs nicely with the AHA lotion at night and my Kaolin/glycerin day lotion.

Overall, I am impressed with this product. I will continue to try out products from this line. I don't know why it took me so long to try Alpha Hydroxy, but I am so glad I did!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Every time I get aggravated with another cleanser, I go back to alpha hydrox foaming. Cerave (both formulations,) cetaphil, albolene, ponds cream (I do like this one for makeup removal, though), proactiv, olay sensitive...the list goes on, but I'm confident you get the idea. Alpha hydrox doesn't *amaze me* as far its anti-aging abilities go (I'd not mention this but its on the label--one can only expect so much as far as product that stays on your skin so briefly), and it may prove quite drying for some. However, it is the one cleanser I can foam up, rub all over my face, and not worry about the consequences, and there's something to be said for that.

Sometimes I use alpha hydrox with my olay pro x brush; other times, I just use a simple wash cloth. If I've worn heavy duty makeup that day, I do pre-cleanse before using this, just to be sure. It does not sting my eye area, and I have quite sensitive eyes (plus wear contacts.) i do not recommend it as an eye makeup remover, but its great that it doesn't sting that area.

The price is not so bad--right in the middle for me, bit high for drugstores ($10 or so IME.) I use extrabucks from CVS to counter that. Love this product, and though i anticipate more experimentation in my face wash horizon, I always love to have this around when those experiments go awry.

OMG, this stuff is awful!! It left my face feeling and LOOKING parched and after a couple uses I noticed I felt itchiness on my face and was irritated/broken out worse!! I'm not 100% sure what it could be exactly b/c it might be something like the sulfate detergents or it could be the awful urea preservative in this, but either way I'm switching to something else.

on 6/10/2012 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Its a good, foamy, lathering cream face wash in a pump. I used it with my Clarisonic and found it made my skin more red. Its probably because I was over exfoliating my face. If your going to use this to hand wash your face then it will work nicely, as its very pH balancing & oil free. I find it to be effective even if I use it every other day with my clarisonic and alternate. But for daily use, I had to choose-Clarisonic or AHA face wash, I chose my Clarisonic.

on 11/5/2011 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Awesome cleanser! I was previously using DHC soap and knew it's probably not a great idea due to of its pH balance so I was deciding whether to try this or Murad and since this one has more positive comments here, so I ordered online and the price was pretty reasonable. I'm on my 5th use and I really like it, no alcohol or any perfumes and it cleans off my mascara too. No squeaky feeling after rinsing. Feels very clean afterwards.

on 9/15/2011 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

i have tried this product out for a month, but have decided to stop using. it strips my skin, and makes my face so "squeaky clean" it hurts and is irritated afterwards.
i have terribly dry, acne prone skin and thought this could be a gentle cleanser, but it made my acne worse.

on 9/10/2011 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Love it, love it, love it!!! This is a great glycolic cleanser that doesn't have a strong smell! Foams great and doesn't overdry the skin. Good to use daily, morning and night. Preps the skin for additional products.. Removes makeup great during the evening.
Update 4/18/12:
I had wanted to update my regimen as I had been doing the same regimen for years. Bad mistake. I tried different cleansers and always came back to this one. Apparently don't fix something that's not broken. This cleanser still works wonders, great price and great lather. No breakouts and removes all makeup. This is MY HG cleanser.