Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation Creme

Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation Creme
Sheer Transformation Creme

3.6

INGREDIENTS: Water, Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cyclomethicone, Dimethiconol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate , Ascorbyl Palmitate , Sorbitol, Glycerin, Calcium Ascorbate, Chamomile Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Citrus Auranium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Berberis Aquilforium Extract, Steareth-20, Methylsulfonylmethane , Glycerin, Kojic Dipalmitate, Steareth-2, Phenoxyethanol, Lecithin, Superoxide Dismutase, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Octyldodecanol, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides

on 3/12/2017 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I have mixed feelings about this product. I have dry, sensitive skin. This is not irritating and it absorbs really well, making it compatible with whatever I want to use with it - makeup, SPF, serums, etc. It's not sufficiently moisturizing for my skin in the winter, but it is in the summer (noting that summers where I live are quite humid). However, the jar packaging is not hygienic and won't keep the good ingredients stable. So, while I will finish what I have and would enjoy the occasional sample packet or GWP size that can be quickly used, I will not repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

A couple years ago I went to a facial and was told I had acne scarring and that I should spend a couple thousand on needling procedures. I went to Sephora instead and asked about collagen boosting products. I walked out with the three little wonders kit. I didn't see anything really change and by the time I had used up the kit, I had done more research and went with different products hugely thanks to Paula's beaudypedia. Now a couple years later I had a deluxe sample of sheer transformation.
At first I used it on it's own at night. I'm tired of an 8,000 step routine and I've been into simplifying. So I washed my face and used this only. My face started mildly peeling but not too bad so I layered a moisturizer on top. I think I discovered a miracle. After using up the mini jar, I went out to get the full size. My skin looks so bright, healthy, even, and normal (less oily). I'm using bb creams and tinted moisturizers instead of full foundation and my skin looks flawless.
I was looking at ingredients and realizing a few things. One, I like using this as a serum at night. It's got vitamin c, AHA, calming (I get red) ingredients. It's a great multitasking product for me but not enough moisture. So using it like a serum is perfect and still much simpler than what I was doing. Second, this is a Sunday Riley Good Genes dupe (or they duped this). Sunday Riley good genes is amazing but crazy pricy. I feel like this does what Sund Riley did for my skin but a third of the price. I noticed they both have licorice root in them and AHA. I think the actives are similar enough for me and how they act on my skin that they are dupes for me. I'm not saying every ingredients is the same, but they work the same on me.
When I bought the full size of this, I thought about trying the Night Invigorating gel instead. But when I looked at sheer transformation, it just hits all the things I want in one place. It's like it was made for me. No more vitamin c, and exfoliator, and serum, and so on. Just this. Now, I know it's in a jar and that's considered bad. But, it has been effective and as long as it works, oh well. I'll update when I finish a full jar as to whether or not it remains effective throughout the entire jar. At the end of the day, it's all about how your skin looks. On paper so many things should work but don't for me. Drunk Elephant should be amazing but my skin hates it. I think I'm allergic to marula oil and its in everything. Coconut oil is supposed to be magic (not as a face lotion though!) but I'm also allergic to that (public service announcement: if you are using coconut oil in any way and breaking out a ton or itchy, red, scaly all over, stop using! You are allergic!) On paper, this shouldn't be effective, but it is. What a funny little old world.

on 12/11/2016 9:13:00 PM

This product in my opinion is great for someone with oily skin. It is extremely light weight on the skin, and almost melts into the face. It is a great product to use before makeup, because any foundation/primer/concealer applies smoothly overtop. Does not feel like your makeup will slip in slide off, because it sinks right into the skin. I found for my dry skin, it was not a heavy enough formula. I felt I needed to apply a lot of product to my face for it too feel moisturized, and I ran out of it quickly due to this. This product is quite pricy, so to run out quick was annoying. Overall, I would recommend this to someone looking for a light weight moisturizer (oily skin) or someone who is looking for a before makeup moisturizer.

Pros
-lightweight
-great for moisturizer before makeup
-oil free

Cons
-price
-for dry skin: not enough moisture
-need a lot of product/run out quickly

on 11/18/2016 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Finished a deluxe sample size in about 1 month. I used daily as morning moisturizer. It's "just ok". I found nothing super exciting about this creme. Light silky texture. It is oil free. I found it worked well under my makeup, but still needed to use a primer. If it had spf I might be tempted to purchase it. Did not irritate my acne prone skin.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Being that this product has the word "sheer" in it's name, I wasn't expecting it to be a heavy duty moisturizer. It absorbs into the skin fairly quickly, and leaves a slight sheen to the skin (not greasy). It smells pleasant as well, but I wasn't "wowed" with this product. I purchased this in combination with the Three Little Wonders set for $80-86 from Sephora back in September of this year and I've been using it daily. Since then, I haven't seen a major change in my skin that would make me want to repurchase the set, or the products individually. I feel like there are drugstore moisturizers that do a better job at keeping my skin hydrated and soft then this. As for a my acne scarring, I've noticed a slight change, but I believe it's due to the combination of all three products used together. It's not enough to directly link it to one product specifically.

I don't have any qualms with the packaging either, it's a basic jar. I'm not picky about sanitary levels when it comes to skincare products, I mean, I'm the only one using it and my hands are always clean upon use so it's whatever. With that being said, I won't be repurchasing.

on 9/7/2016 1:17:00 PM

I was looking for a lightweight daytime moisturizer, and this one definitely fits the bill. I have combo/oily skin and this cream provides just enough moisture. It is definitely better suited for warmer weather, it will probably do nothing to battle winter dryness, eczema, etc. It doesn't have a smell, it is not too thick or thin, it absorbs quickly and completely. The down side is that it has no sunscreen. I am also not a big fan of a jar... I prefer squeeze tubes or pumps. Get a sample first!

on 8/22/2016 6:37:00 PM

I received a sample of this as points reward at Sephora. I'm just glad I only tried this tiny jar instead of a full size. This stuff is really pretty basic. There's nothing special about it. No skin repairing as it claims. No sunscreen. And if I started to sweat with this on, my face felt like it had grease sitting on top of it. Yuck! I finished the sample, but I definitely won't be repurchasing.

on 2/5/2016 3:17:00 PM

After using this product for about a week, my skin broke out in the worst acne I have ever had. I know people with less sensitive skin who rave about this product but if you are acne prone, I'd avoid it.

on 1/3/2016 5:49:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this, this is great for my oily/acne prone skin. Just enough moisture without being greasy and the smell is fantastic

on 9/28/2015 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love how light and sheer this feels on my skin. I use just a small amount and I pat it on. A little goes a long way. It's very moisturizing and it leaves my skin so smooth and soft. I notice a difference in my dark spots/acne scarring and I can't say 100% it's the moisturizer alone as I believe it just works well within the rest of my regimen but it certainly hasn't harmed my skin - i had no breakouts with this at all. It is wonderful under make up as well. It's a bit on the expensive side. I bought the smaller jars first to make sure this was something I wanted to spend more money on and they lasted quite long (almost 2 months) and I now just buy the 1.7 oz jar. I do wish it came in a tube or pump because I dont like dipping my finger in the jar (I actually use a q-tip). Other than that I have no issues with the product at all.

*****UPDATE*****

1/14/2016: I had to revisit this review after doing one for Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. I found that about 2 months ago this moisturizer just stopped working for me. The only change in my routine was me introducing a Clarisonic to my skin. I expected the Clarisonic to help my moisturizer reach its full potential but I actually felt like after cleansing my skin was so bright and smooth but when I put on the moisturizer my skin became flat and dull. It was strange. I also noticed NO difference in my spots. What I initially thought was fading was probably just dead skin being removed while exfoliating. My Clarisonic has done more for my dark spots in a couple months than this moisturizer has done in the 7 months I've been using it. The 3 oz jar is $78 for crying out loud. WAY overpriced for something that isn't working anymore. I know this is like a full 180 from my initial review but I have to be honest here, I think it would be a really good moisturizer for normal skin types. Yes, it was light and hydrating and didn't break me out but it wasn't anything special and sadly it's all hype and my initial review probably added to that. This did absolutely nothing for my oily skin. I've realized in the past year that for ME, it's more important that I use products that are more geared towards MY skin type and not "all skin types".

Popular Face Skincare Products