Essie All in One 3-Way Glaze Base + Top Coat + Strengthener

Essie All in One 3-Way Glaze Base + Top Coat + Strengthener

4.2

butyl acetate, ethyl acetate, nitrocellulose, tosylamide formaldehyde resin, sd40b alcohol, butyl phthalate, isopropyl alcohol, camphor, water, benzophenone 1, d&c violet 2.

on 7/8/2016 5:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

As a base coat, it definitely does its job. After five days, it isn't chipping but it's not looking perfect either.

As a top coat, i'm not sure. I've been using opis top coat for as long as i can remember and i prefer the high opi-shine. But i think essie is ok too! It doesn't dry super fast but it doesn't take forever (which i tink opi takes). I prefer essies brushes compared to opi's och china glaze's.

The strenghtening part I can't say anything about. I can't feel any difference.

If you are looking for a great allround polish I would recommend it! If you want a really high shine top coat I would recommend something else. And it isn't near as fast as seche white, but I don't like the shrinkage from seche white so I don't mind.

I think this is a good product, not more or less.

on 10/18/2015 6:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product literally saved my nails. My nail quality has been kind of varying during the years, but for the past year or so before I purchased this product they had been downright awful. They kept breaking, chipping and generally didn't look good and I had to keep them real short, which I hated. I bought this product on a whim and started using it with the Seche vite top coat (which I had been using for two years or so). And suddenly my nails were completely changed! They didn't break, they looked healthy and once again I was able to have naturally long nails. I've gotten compliments and people have been surprised that they're "my own" nails. Best of all: during the three or so months I've been using this base coat, I've broken a nail maybe two or three times in total! And that's been when I've been working and hefting boxes. This is definitely my new HG nail product along with the Seche vite. I recommend this to anyone with nails that keep breaking and chipping.

To Read all 39 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been on a recent nail kick and I've heard tons about the brand Essie. This was a bit on the expensive side for a nail polish, I think I paid over $10 for it. I felt that it held my polish on pretty well but when worn alone, it tended to peel off very quickly. I think I could get no more that 4 days out of it when I wore it alone before I had to re-do it. It also says that it helps strengthen the nails and I don't think that is true. I have pretty thin nails and they still broke very easily when I had this on. For a top/base coat though, it did a pretty good job. It kept my nails from turning yellow from any of the polishes and it gave my nails a nice shine when applied. But other than that, this is just an okay polish. There are tons of other top/base coats out there so I don't plan on repurchasing this one.

I meant to grab the other top coat Essie has called Good To Go, but accidentally grabbed this box. I thought no big deal as I love my base coat by Essie. Normally I use Sally Hansen Insta Dri topcoat, but after a second goopy bottle, I decided to try something different. If I hadn't thrown away the receipt, I'd return this. 3 in 1 doesn't even cover how useless this product is. For one, as a base coat, I didn't find it to be long lasting or strengthen my nails as does the other Essie base coat. Instead my nails chipped after three days, no strain. Secondly, as a top coat, its really thin. I like to do nail art and find one coat still makes for an uneven, prone to chipping nail that took forever to dry. I mean really, for a thin polish it takes a super long time to dry. I timed an hour before it was non tacky. Plus it smeared my nail art design which doesn't usually happen. Overall I'd not buy this again and am stuck with a full bottle that I don't even like as a base coat. My nail splintered today and I'm annoyed the strengthener in this is useless.

As a base coat, this product works great. It protects my nails from staining and seems to help nails grow as well. As for a top coat, I didn't like it for some reasons and I did like it for other reasons. At the beginning of the bottle, used as a top coat I had no issues at all. The 3 way glaze left a great shine and I really noticed that it protected my polish from chipping quite well, especially once I compared it to Essie's good to go top coat. # way glaze left my manicute chip free for a good 5-7 days, compared to Essie's good to go top coat with 2-4 days. However, once the bottle got closer to the bottom, the consistency got a lot thicker and goopier and I noticed that once it got to that point as a top coat it created lots of little bubbles which basically ruins the manicure. Still I'd buy again for the way it keeps nails from chipping.

on 2/14/2014 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used to use this a lot, but stopped when I starting using other brands of nail and glittery polishes. It works really great with other essie polishes as a base coat and top coat. I think my recent great success with this product is improved application technique. My bottle is 2 years old and I just used it the other day like it was brand new (I really take care of my stuff like, make sure caps on tightly, no nail color contamination on brush, ect). It is very spreadable and the brush distributed very evenly. Overall, good for a quick easy application with other essie polishes

on 12/31/2013 11:59:00 AM

Amazing Product. I wasn't really expecting much from a product that claims to be both a base, top and strengthener but this is amazing. I did my nails 5 days ago and not a single chip or tip wear. Would definitely repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is my Holy Grail nail product! I use it as a base coat after I have buffed my nails. Then I add two coats of nail color and then two coats of 3 way glaze on top. I can get my polish to last for at least five days. This product leaves my nails feeling strong and looking very shiny! I have gone through 3 bottles and will continue to repurchase.

on 8/14/2013 1:12:00 AM

this is perfect as a base coat because it protects my nails, I noticed difference since I've been using it, the strengthener in it works very well too, the top coat is very shiny but according to me it does not protect the nail polish.

on 7/13/2013 6:33:00 PM

This is my first ever Essie purchase. I got on sale at shoppers drugmart for $7.99 so thought I'd give it a try.
I use as base coat then I polish my nails two coats with colour then I put this on again then seche vite. The colour definitely stays on a day or so longer then other ones I've tried. But it's not a week or anything. However it really does a great job strengthing my nails. They are like glass. Normally my nails bend still reguardless of top coat. Not this one!
So for that alone I will repurchase.

Popular Treatments