benefit Cosmetics Benetint

benefit Cosmetics Benetint

3.6

WATER (AQUA), POLYSORBATE 20, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CARMINE (CI 75470), METHYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), TETRASODIUM EDTA, GERANIOL, LINALOOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, CITRONELLOL, MALTODEXTRIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, BHT

on 11/8/2018 5:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I tried this in a few different shades. My issue with it is that it's very heavily pigmented, so doesn't spread easily and tends to bunch and look like little kid make up. Perhaps because I am fair/blonde this product range is too intense - even the lightest pink. Loved the idea of it, and the small size seems to last a long time.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this for similar reasons to most people, I'd assume- kpop. You can't look at the lips on those guys and not want to achieve a similar look. I'll admit that this product does the trick. It's not sticky, it dries down well, and it builds well. Multiple applications can give your lips a bit of a rough feel, but doesn't cause any visible texture, so I'm fine with that. So far it hasn't been settling too deeply in the lines of my lips either. Layering a gloss on top, like Mac's clear lipglass can help if it's drying you out at all. And the look is flawless.

My only real issue with the product is that while it certainly has good staying power, WHERE it stays can be iffy. The colour pay off can be a little patchy. I have a sample of Posey, so I can't speak to the other colours, although I would think the problem would be exacerbated with the darker tints. I've never used this as a blush and don't ever plan on it as I prefer powder, so I can't give an opinion on that.

Not a fan of the packaging- I think a squeeze tube with some sort of applicator on the end would be a little more user friendly, although I'll admit since you're going to be using your finger to dab at it anyway, it probably doesn't make much difference in the end. It's quite liquidy though, so the nail polish style brush can be a little bleh- and I would think it'd be very annoying on the full size bottle. I've seen people complain about how liquidy it is, but I mean, it's a tint? You need to dab it with your fingers to get that faded look. Used with that in mind, the product serves its purpose. Just keep in mind you're going to have one tinted finger tip.

Overall, if you're looking for that Kpop lip look, this is a great product. Just pay attention to see if it's patchy, and it's easy to build it up in those spots without it gunking up. Some people may find it drying, but I find that layering a clear gloss keeps it in check if it's an issue.

on 8/30/2018 1:24:00 PM

I HATE THE PACKAGING. anyways other than the weird nail polish brush this product is great. its a natural color for both lips and cheeks. it looks so natural no one will know you have this on. Though it doesnt last as long as id like. I am nc20 nw20 neutral light skintone and it shows up as a rosey tint on both lips and cheeks. it can be built up to a more intense color also. its hard to apply and can get messy so i hate the brush... it is expensive but this will last you a longggggg time. it has a nice rose scent to it that smells really nice and pretty. I wear this on days where i literally have 5 seconds to get ready or i take this with me in my purse and just go ham in the car and i look refreshed and awake. i dab this on my lips and put a couple dots on my cheeks and im good to go.

edit- okay so i havent been reaching for this after getting some blushes and lippies from mac. i noticed if i go bare faced no makeup ill just have nothing but lipbalm on. i havent reached for this at all so its now just sitting there. I might return this. I think the reason being it doesnt last long on the lips or cheeks so i just think eh why bother. i can just pinch my cheeks and scrub m lips to get similar effects.

This dried out my cheeks and lips so bad I had pimples on both. Never had a pimple on my lip before like this. Then I discovered there is carmine aka cockroach extract in the ingredients, which I’m allergic to. Good job benefit!

on 7/27/2018 3:17:00 PM

The tint is a good concept but upon application, the texture is kind of hard to blend and doesn't blend well. You end up with blotches of pink on your cheeks.

on 7/21/2018 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

A really awesome lip/cheek stain. I have the mini and have used it pretty consistently, but lightly, since October. I typically layer it under a plumping gloss for a natural look, or put it on my cheeks for a nice, dewy flush. It lasts pretty well, but it's so sheer it takes a lot to build up.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this lip stain. It’s the perfect bitten lip look stain. It’s very pretty. I love this for minimal make up days or under other lip products, I don’t like how it looks on cheeks though. I prefer the Stila water colour blush cushion in rose water for a naturally flushed porcelain doll/ English Rose type natural make up days. I would re purchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this product along with GoGo tint mainly because I find I don't suit heavy lipstick. The benetint is fabulous, just make sure when applying them to your cheeks not to wait too long to blend. It is best to start with 2-3 strokes on each cheek and rub in as soon as applied. I moisturized my face and let it sit for about 20 minutes before applying it. Applying it on the lips I had no issues, just make sure your lips are even and not chapped to have the best results. Depending on the intensity you desire you can add multiple coats if needed. I find applying it using the brush directly is best, make sure the product is spread evenly on your lips, let it sit and then rub lips together gently. I also want to mention that this product is perfect if you want to keep a natural and appealing look/ you don't have time to put makeup on. Overall, I am extremely happy with my purchase, I bought the mini size in case I wouldn't be satisfied but I know for sure I will be repurchasing the bigger bottle when I'm out.

on 6/9/2018 1:25:00 PM

This is like the world's most expensive cherryade. You know when kids drink a red slushie or ice lolly, and they get red lips? It looks like that, but doesn't taste good and costs as much as a year's supply of E-number laden sugar water.

OK so that's a complete over-exaggeration, but there's a tiny bit of truth in there. For the amount of money this costs, this is so unimpressive. What is it now, around £25 for 10ml? If you buy this, and pick up the other 3 - posie tint, chacha tint, lolly tint - that's £100 down for tints that don't even stick around on your face all that long. It's a thin, water-based tint so it comes off as the day goes on, more quickly if you eat or drink. Nowhere near as long-lasting as claimed. I find it's too thin and runny to use well as a cheek tint too - too much and it dribbles and drips everywhere, too little and it looks patchy and streaky trying to blend it. Doesn't blend well over foundation - on me it never applies evenly, even when trying to use with a make-up sponge trying to stamp it on. Trying to blend it just makes my foundation streaky and smudged.

The colour is lovely - looks dark in the bottle but turns into a nice deep cerise on lips. But it doesn't stick around long enough to justify the price tag. Korean lip tints are a fraction of the price, come in a greater range of shades, and last longer. There's just nothing about this that makes me feel £25 is a reasonable value for this stuff.

on 4/5/2018 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love love love. Makes my lips look so good

Popular Blush Products