BeneFit Cosmetics Benetint

BeneFit Cosmetics Benetint

3.6

2085 reviews

WATER (AQUA), POLYSORBATE 20, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CARMINE (CI 75470), METHYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), TETRASODIUM EDTA, GERANIOL, LINALOOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, CITRONELLOL, MALTODEXTRIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, BHT

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

It looks like it gives my lips a lipstick looking color. Great color overall though.

For my cheeks, it gives a nice flush, but it take time to learn how to blend it best.

Lasts a long time and has great staying power. Ive had it for almost a year, and Ive used maybe...5-8%, even though I use it practically everyday. I will be repurchasing

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I normally use this as a blush, dabbing the tint on my cheeks with clean fingers. It gives a nice natural flush to my complexion. That is the only positive thing about this product.
I find application bit tricky because this dribbles down my fingers, and you have to work fast to blend and spread. Do not use this over powder or matte finish foundations. You will find it removing your foundations. I reach for this only when I have extra time to spare. Otherwise, I normally use my powder blushes which are hassle free.
This really sucks as a lip tint. You have to apply several washes for the colour to actually show, and because its so watery it is hard to control.
Will not repurchase for the price. I think Benefit should also come up with a more user friendly applicator or packaging.

This just did not work for me. I put it on and layered and layered and got like no colour payoff. After that many layers it just ended up looking blotchy and gross. Tried a mac stipple brush, a sponge, my fingers, just the brush it came with...no dice. Used on my lips which are as pale as me, nothing except dryness. This cult favourite just isn't for me. TOTAL DUD.

on 5/2/2016 3:09:00 AM

At first i'm quite skeptical about multi-purpose product like this because usually the consistency a little bit off to be used on either lips or cheeks. But after I use it a couple of times then i finally get a hang on how to use this product properly. Now I can't live without it.
Ok, first the consistency is watery with red wine colour and you can smell a decent rose fragrance once you open the bottle. I've tried it on my cheek, but after a couple of layers the colour still quite sheer on my NC30 skin (I put around 3 dots of benetint horizontally across my cheek and then use my finger to blend). However if you have fairer skin, this might look really nice on you, just a natural rosy cheeks.
Then I use it on my lips (2 layers of gently swiping the brush applicators straight to my lips) . It freshened up my whole face instantly but still looks very subtle and natural. I love love love it. However, you must use benetint after you exfoliate your lips (no dry and flaky skin) and you put lip balm/lipgloss after u blend and let it settled on your lips first. You can also layer it with your favourite lipstick to get a different colour combination.
Lastly, i heard this product were created as a nipple tint for burlesque dancer. However, it doesn't really show up on mine. Probably for those fairer beauties out there :)

on 4/19/2016 9:38:00 PM

I really like this stuff. I don't feel comfortable in lipsticks but this is perfect for me - it just adds a nice raspberry tint to my lips which I can layer or reapply, and it also looks great as a blush on my cheeks. It also smells like rose, my favourite scent!

on 4/6/2016 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Recieved a freebie of the product and I love it. It's the most natural rosy cheek I have in my make up arsenal. Two horizontal lines on the apples of cheek, pat in quickly and you good to go. Soft rosy glow. Buying the full bottle when the mini me version is done

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

The price is ridiculous for such short staying power. In a few hours the tint would wear off. It comes off easily after food or drinks. I have to keep reapplying it. To make it worse, it's absolutely drying. Stock up on some lip balm!

However, it does look very natural and is easy to apply. If this stays on for longer (say, 12 hours), it would be a holy grail product for me. But I would never repurchase this again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Holy Grail. I cannot believe I went so long without trying this. It began when I received a sample of Stainiac in my Birchbox. Stainiac is a gel stain for lips and cheeks. I liked it a lot, and it reminded me about seeing Benetint a thousand times at the makeup counter. Since Benefit is my favorite cosmetics brand, I wanted to try their stain. I picked some up after reading very mixed reviews, and was a bit nervous. No reason to be!!! I'm not sure if others have been slow in applying this, but I've had zero issues with it drying too fast. I soak the nail-polish-brush type applicator and smush it onto my cheek several times. I then take the pad of my middle finger, smear it a bit, then 'tap' it all over to distribute it around my cheek and up toward the temples. Perfect, youthful, pink/red flush. It is more natural looking than I could imagine. Repeat onto other cheek, then 'paint' lips with a couple swipes and pat lips together until dry (about 15 seconds). Then I cover with clear lip balm and it stays ALL DAY. If I eat or drink a ton I may touch it up, but that's it. This product doesn't dry your lips (wear a balm!), or dry too fast on cheeks (I still don't get that-it could dry faster and still be fine). If I want a no makeup look, this is the perfect product. Absolutely amazing. It does lend some serious color to lips, and is very buildable, so keep in mind if attempting a natural lip. Try it at the counter-you may be surprised. Oh, and the scent? I wish it lasted! Light rose water-same scent as Pixi Glow Tonic. Totally inoffensive. Love.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I've been using Benetint for years, and it is a great product, but there's a bit of a learning curve to getting the application right. It's quite watery and dries quickly, so if poorly applied it'll look patchy. Firstly, the product itself is a rosy, dark pink, and it has a subtle rose fragrance to it (which I particularly like, but isn't for everybody). The applicator is a bit like a thin nail polish brush, which actually does a good job of making sure you don't use too much product. You definitely want to do one cheek at a time because of how quickly it dries. I'll start by applying 3 dots on my cheek with the applicator. Then, I'll use the pads of my fingers to gently (and quickly) pat the product into my skin. I find I get better coverage and fewer harsh edges when I pat, rather than rub. It also helps to avoid smudging any base products. I'll usually do 2-3 layers of this, depending on how strong a flush I'm after. If I need to use concealer, I will do so after the tint is set. For the lips, I'll drag the brush across each lip (again, one at a time) and pat in with my finger. If your lips are dry or flaky, you may get patchy coverage, so I'd recommend using a lip scrub beforehand. I'll usually follow the tint up with a lip balm as well. Staying power is decent. It will last me through the work day, but I'll reapply if I'm going somewhere in the evening (although I can usually just do one application instead of 2-3). One bottle lasts ages if properly stored, so I've never had to repurchase, but I do always keep this on hand for low maintenance makeup days and can't imagine ever being without it. I have recommended this to friends, and would recommend it to anyone here who likes a natural makeup look and is fair skinned or cool/neutral toned.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really really like benetint! I have the mini version of this and it lasts for ever. The consistency is really weird and unique, it's very watery and dries really quickly. The brush is a bit like a nail polish one so it's not great for application on the go. I use it on my lips, and I always put it over clear lip balm or Carmex as it's very drying but the colour is perfect! It gives just the right amount of colour and isn't too vibrant or tacky. I wear it everyday as it gives a subtle but pretty finish. Because I have pale skin, I don't put it on my cheeks as it gives too much colour and doesn't look very natural and it's really hard to blend. it's a really nice lip tint so I recommend it to anyone that wants a natural flush of colour to their lips, although it is very expensive, it's worth it