BeneFit Cosmetics Benetint

BeneFit Cosmetics Benetint

3.6

WATER (AQUA), POLYSORBATE 20, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CARMINE (CI 75470), METHYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), TETRASODIUM EDTA, GERANIOL, LINALOOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, CITRONELLOL, MALTODEXTRIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, BHT

on 8/10/2017 4:46:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Benetint has become a staple beauty product for me! I mainly use it on my lips as a soft natural lip tint. I really like the fact that it can be used naturally or layered for a dramatic look. It dries very quickly which can be a con if you are using it on your cheeks. When I use this product on my cheeks I use my makeup sponge and I apply it to one cheek then blend and repeat. I originally bought a multi pack with Lollitint and Cha-Chatint. Out of those three for my favorite is by far Benetint. Buy in the mini size! It lasts forever!!! I love this product!

on 6/18/2017 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The color, a sheer pink rose, is so pretty swatched on the back of my hand, but it does nothing on my lips. Perhaps it's because the tint is nearly the same color as my lip pigment. I didn't love Benetint as a cheek stain, either. It is extremely watery and hard to blend without the stain soaking into my skin unevenly and looking blotchy. The only way to correct is to remove and start over. The nail-polish-type applicator is not to my liking, as it makes application tricky (and drippy). And then there's the extremely strong floral smell. Overall, I dislike the water-based formula, which bled and feathered badly, even after I applied it to clean, bare lips. When I applied it over a shea-based balm, the color slid right off.

I prefer Vincent Longo Lip Cheek Gel Stain, with its doe foot applicator. Baby Boo is very similar in color to Benetint, just a hint more saturated and much more staining. After a full day, my lips still look rosy. And with the VL I actually can apply it over a thin layer of lip balm and not have the color or performance affected. Another favorite is Becca Beach Tint in Raspberry, slightly deeper in tone. Both VL and Becca are gel based, so they are much easier to control and blend. I like the theory of Benetint--it just didn't work in practice for me.

This is a part two of my first review because I forgot to include something: If you let it sit on your cheeks for to long it stains... I'm writing a part two because I'm new to Makeup Alley and I don't know how to edit my reviews... 😂

on 5/15/2017 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

A classic for good reason! A natural 'boost' of color on the lips or cheeks and you're good to go! I Carry this around in my purse, especially for special events. Only problem is sometimes it leaks which is not so good for said special events :) Not but in all seriousness this is a product I've been using for over a decade and have never even come close to a replacement. Thank you Benefit! Never discontinue!

on 5/15/2017 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I was using this before I even started wearing makeup...if that makes sense

I was originally sold on the novelty of this being a combination between rose water and a cosmetic. It has a nail varnish applicator brush (mine does anyway, it may have changed by now) and the allure of a vial of deep red rose scented liquid appealed to me on a deep. Level.

I even bought it at full price from boots- that's how badly I felt I needed this in my life.

This product REALLY delivers as a lip stain. wear it over or under balm, under lipstick to increase the wear time or my favourite- under a tinted gloss to increase the depth of colour and shine.

As a cheek stain the benetint is not so straightforward. I put it straight down on bare skin using the applicator brush and then move it around ASAP with my fingers so it doesn't dry in a line. I get pink fingers and end up wiping most of the product off during this process, and it's quick drying so you have to act fast.

I really don't know how you're supposed to get this onto your face without the streaky smudgy panic that always ensues when I try using this as a cheek stain. Also it's a liquid so I'm not really happy to put it over face makeup. If I wear it underneath then with foundation on top it will disappear anyway...

I think the bottom line is you CAN use this on your face but only if that's all you're wearing, otherwise it doesn't really work.

But on the lips the benetint is still one of my all time products.

Watch me use it under gloss here-

To see more search Ayish Zone on YouTube x

on 5/5/2017 7:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Had this for many years- my first Benefit purchase. Still have more than 3/4 in the bottle- you only need a little of this product. It's a good lip stain-matte,but for the cheeks you have to be diligent to blend quickly as it dries just as fast. Does not blend well as there will be some unevenness between cheeks and product concentration spots on the cheeks. When applied to the lips I find it that it's is drying so I would apply a balm over it and works well. The huge downside is the strong floral- rose scent. Because of this, it has made its way to the back of the cosmetic drawer... overall aside from the overpowering scent, it's really a boring product.

love this but it's too expensive for what it is

on 5/4/2017 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Bought this when it first came out because when applied correctly, its a gorgeous, natural flush. I hated it. Sets too fast to blend and the applicator makes no sense. Yes, the brush makes it clear that only a little product is needed, but that is obvious from the start. Had this come in a squeeze tube, i might still have it and could dilute with medium/primer. (Back then, I didnt know what primer was). I also could have benefited from the reviewer below who recommends application with a stipple brush (though i didnt know what that was back then either). I do recall this product as lasting on my face. I dont recall it being too drying, but that is possibly because my skin was combination, but on the oily side.

Vincent Longo also made a similar product with a doe foot applicator. I found that applicator easier to use and the formula easier to blend than benetint.

Now that my skin is older combination and on the dry side, i was thinking about trying cream blushes. But then i thought, before i run out and buy some, why not try the old trick of repurposing lipsticks that are too light and bright as blush with a bit of medium worked in (with a stipple brush) Am happy with that for now.

on 4/16/2017 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I couldn't get on with this at all. I found it to be very drying on my lips and it settled in to the creases. My lips felt so dry after using that I had to stop using it.
On my cheeks I had to work really quickly and it doesn't blend well at all.
I binned it so I won't repurchase!

on 3/31/2017 11:40:00 AM

I love the natural flush color, and the way that it blends in to my skin. But it disappears into my cheeks pretty quickly. On my lips, it immediately recedes into my mouth, leaving the edges of my lips uncovered.

Popular Blush Products