BeneFit Cosmetics Benetint

BeneFit Cosmetics Benetint

3.6

WATER (AQUA), POLYSORBATE 20, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CARMINE (CI 75470), METHYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), TETRASODIUM EDTA, GERANIOL, LINALOOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, CITRONELLOL, MALTODEXTRIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, BHT

I had high hopes for this as it is marketed as a natural looking tint for lips and cheeks. It is way too drying on the lips and barely any color shows. On the cheeks it works much better but even then, I find it emphasizes my imperfections and uneven skin tone; it is patchy and some areas look much darker than others. I have only tried applying this with fingers and it stains my fingers for a while after application.
PROS:
- Cute packaging
CONS:
- Smells strange almost chemically-like
- Drying on lips
- Patchy on skin
- Can only be applied with fingers and it stains
- Not worth the price tag

I absolutely hated this blush. The instructions said to do three lines on the face and quickly blend it in. Did that, but the only thing noticeable was three stained lines on my face. I tried to do dots next instead. Same issue. This product just stains the area so quickly before you can actually disperse the product, and then everything else is completely unnoticeable. Maybe if it was a slightly thicker formula, like their highbeam, it would work better, but right now it's just awful.

on 12/27/2016 8:18:00 AM

Need to use quite alot of product for lips to look red,prefer other lipsticks to create gradient lip instead. Dont like the nail polish like applicator:( And too expensive

on 12/25/2016 10:05:00 PM

I've been using this for the past 6-7 years, and it is my HG blusher.

For a start, I have pale, sallow Asian skin. I am also incapable of blushing. It is fairly clear, and Benetint is the motivation for me to keep my skin as clear as possible because it looks so great and natural on its own!

There was that one year i noticed benetint not absorbing well into my skin, turns out it was because I had a full time job and I was putting it on immediately after I wipe my face with a towel and the skin was too moist to absorb it. Now I wait a bit (wear clothes, do hair) before putting this on my cheeks (4-5 swipes on each side) and some light concealer, eyelash curler, mascara and brow gel and I'm good to go.

Benetint stays put the whole day, often I come back home at night and my cheeks are still stained about 40%. It is completely waterproof and sweatproof too. This blusher looks great on and under foundation (I use BareMinerals Original W15 Light).

The only downside is that it stains my fingers. Each bottle consistently lasts me one whole year, it is so worth the RM130ish (I can't remember the price).

on 12/2/2016 6:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I didn't heard about it before. I bought a BeneFit holiday set and benetint was in the set, luckily. So this is how I met with it. It is the travel size, sadly. The color it gives is so natural like there is no product on your cheeks. I have only one pinky blush and it is Nars' Dolce Vita - so I think I am not a pink color person. But I really liked the color the benetint gives. It is not a faux pink, it is very natural like the pinkness after a facial or gym. I am applying it with my fingers quickly before it dries (it dries fast so be careful). It lasts all day long. I don't like the smell of rose in any kind of beauty product normally but the smell of benetint didn't bother me at all. The price is of course too high, but all the BeneFit products are pricey to me so it is not a surprise. Hope the bottle lasts long time, but I believe I can buy another one again in another holiday set like this one.

To me Benetint is a product I always have in my makeup pouch. I love it for refreshing my blush and lips trough the day. One thing I found a little uncomfortable might be the rose scent (tho I love it) ~ it really lingers on your lips up to two hours ~ so something to look out for if you are scent sensitive.. as a tint, yes it is drying (as most tints are) but I solve that quickly with a bit of Vaseline.. I personally enjoy the build ability factor to this product ~ as some Korean lip tints tend to be overly pigmented making it hard to remove product or reapply. With benetint I'm free to remove and apply as much I like that exact day ^.^

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

i got it in travel size and its great on cheeks but dries down my lips so quickly and it doesnt last long enough

on 9/27/2016 7:40:00 AM

Got it in the travel set. Don't like it at all. It smells so good but that's all. It doesn't blend well and the color is not a wow. Unless you have really clean and pale skin, or it looks just like you have sensitive skin.

on 9/20/2016 9:20:00 PM

This does nothing good for my lips. it creates such a slight tint but at the same time it kind of looks like I just drank kool-aid. also.. if you have dry lips it makes them look much worse

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I love everything about Benetint except for the price.
I adore the rose scent and that it's thin and sheer enough to layer up for the right intensity.
The consistency is just liquid enough to spread easily and I find that the application is even and natural as long as your skin is well-moisturized.
The rose red color gives my olive complexion the perfect natural flush. Even though it's a scary dark color in the bottle it goes on sheer enough to look like I'm blushing naturally after the 3rd layer. In fact, since my skin is a medium tone I would buy a more intense version of benetint in a heartbeat. Then I wouldn't need 3 layers! Other than the layering this blush is honestly perfect.
In fact, it's the only blush I've ever found is worth repurchasing. My current bottle of Benetint is probably my fifth one. I've tried all kinds of powder and cream blushes including the Tarte Stains, but no matter how high end or pigmented they are they're gone after 1-2 hours. Meanwhile, my trusty Benetint lasts through a 12 hour shift and still looks almost as good as when it was applied in the morning.
I may be in the minority here, but I even like the nail polish type bottle. I think the brush makes it easy to get a precise amount of product exactly where you want it.
As far as I'm concerned, if you're oily skinned and looking for a long lasting and natural looking blush Benetint is the only option.