BeneFit Cosmetics Benetint

BeneFit Cosmetics Benetint

3.6

WATER (AQUA), POLYSORBATE 20, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CARMINE (CI 75470), METHYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), TETRASODIUM EDTA, GERANIOL, LINALOOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, CITRONELLOL, MALTODEXTRIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, BHT

on 5/15/2017 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

A classic for good reason! A natural 'boost' of color on the lips or cheeks and you're good to go! I Carry this around in my purse, especially for special events. Only problem is sometimes it leaks which is not so good for said special events :) Not but in all seriousness this is a product I've been using for over a decade and have never even come close to a replacement. Thank you Benefit! Never discontinue!

on 5/15/2017 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I was using this before I even started wearing makeup...if that makes sense

I was originally sold on the novelty of this being a combination between rose water and a cosmetic. It has a nail varnish applicator brush (mine does anyway, it may have changed by now) and the allure of a vial of deep red rose scented liquid appealed to me on a deep. Level.

I even bought it at full price from boots- that's how badly I felt I needed this in my life.

This product REALLY delivers as a lip stain. wear it over or under balm, under lipstick to increase the wear time or my favourite- under a tinted gloss to increase the depth of colour and shine.

As a cheek stain the benetint is not so straightforward. I put it straight down on bare skin using the applicator brush and then move it around ASAP with my fingers so it doesn't dry in a line. I get pink fingers and end up wiping most of the product off during this process, and it's quick drying so you have to act fast.

I really don't know how you're supposed to get this onto your face without the streaky smudgy panic that always ensues when I try using this as a cheek stain. Also it's a liquid so I'm not really happy to put it over face makeup. If I wear it underneath then with foundation on top it will disappear anyway...

I think the bottom line is you CAN use this on your face but only if that's all you're wearing, otherwise it doesn't really work.

But on the lips the benetint is still one of my all time products.

Watch me use it under gloss here-

To see more search Ayish Zone on YouTube x

on 5/5/2017 7:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Had this for many years- my first Benefit purchase. Still have more than 3/4 in the bottle- you only need a little of this product. It's a good lip stain-matte,but for the cheeks you have to be diligent to blend quickly as it dries just as fast. Does not blend well as there will be some unevenness between cheeks and product concentration spots on the cheeks. When applied to the lips I find it that it's is drying so I would apply a balm over it and works well. The huge downside is the strong floral- rose scent. Because of this, it has made its way to the back of the cosmetic drawer... overall aside from the overpowering scent, it's really a boring product.

love this but it's too expensive for what it is

on 5/4/2017 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Bought this when it first came out because when applied correctly, its a gorgeous, natural flush. I hated it. Sets too fast to blend and the applicator makes no sense. Yes, the brush makes it clear that only a little product is needed, but that is obvious from the start. Had this come in a squeeze tube, i might still have it and could dilute with medium/primer. (Back then, I didnt know what primer was). I also could have benefited from the reviewer below who recommends application with a stipple brush (though i didnt know what that was back then either). I do recall this product as lasting on my face. I dont recall it being too drying, but that is possibly because my skin was combination, but on the oily side.

Vincent Longo also made a similar product with a doe foot applicator. I found that applicator easier to use and the formula easier to blend than benetint.

Now that my skin is older combination and on the dry side, i was thinking about trying cream blushes. But then i thought, before i run out and buy some, why not try the old trick of repurposing lipsticks that are too light and bright as blush with a bit of medium worked in (with a stipple brush) Am happy with that for now.

on 4/16/2017 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I couldn't get on with this at all. I found it to be very drying on my lips and it settled in to the creases. My lips felt so dry after using that I had to stop using it.
On my cheeks I had to work really quickly and it doesn't blend well at all.
I binned it so I won't repurchase!

on 3/31/2017 11:40:00 AM

I love the natural flush color, and the way that it blends in to my skin. But it disappears into my cheeks pretty quickly. On my lips, it immediately recedes into my mouth, leaving the edges of my lips uncovered.

on 3/31/2017 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Benetint is good as a lip stain and as a blush but you have to use it sparingly and you have to work it in very quickly or it will be way too much. I don't use this often.

on 3/12/2017 1:37:00 AM

This gives me the most amazing flush J have ever seen. It seems to melt right into the skin and makes me look so young and healthy.

The way I apply it is I will dab the brush onto my fingers 2-4 times and use that fingertip to brush it onto my cheeks.

The only other thing that comes close to this kind of blush is a cream blush but I still think this one is more real looking and absolutely gorgeous.

While I have read others complaining about theirs dripping out of the bottle, I have not experienced that for myself so I can't say for sure how the packaging works. The little brush applicator is adorable and so beneficial esp in the way I apply this product.

on 1/28/2017 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is my HG blush! I'm just finishing my first bottle after a year of everyday use. I have dry skin and fine lines so powdered blushes just emphasize that fact. I put 4 lines on my cheekbones and blend with a blush brush ( no fingers) after applying moisturizer and BB cream. It blends perfectly and is the actual color of my skin when I blush or after a workout. I love it and prefer it to cream blushes as well.