Dior Diorshow Ice Pearl

Dior Diorshow Ice Pearl

4.2

on 1/28/2006 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've tried to buy this but it's sold out of course, and I don't want to spend $60 for it on ebay, so I tried a little experiment. I used non-toxic, washable, crayola glitter glue in silver and got the same affect for just a few dollars. It looks great. With a little help from a Q-tip my lashes look awesome and sparkly. Just thought i'd pass it on. P.S. Do not blind yourself, but it was really easy.

on 1/3/2006 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I feel bad dragging down the rating, but I'm not a huge fan of this product. First (and this is hardly a problem with the actual product) it sold out on Sephora and most department stores within the first two weeks, and everyone on eBay decided to charge about twice the retail value, plus shipping. I was unfortunately intrigued enough to go with the only option I had and paid about $40. When the product arrived, I first noticed that there's very very little in the container, and when I opened it, the new altitude meant that half of it exploded out. Anyway, I applied the drops to the tips of my lashes, and found that within about a half hour, they'd melted and clumped my lashes together. The initial look was nice but not breathtaking. Once they'd melted, they sort of reminded me of what other mascaras (like Tony & Tina's lash dew) had strived to achieve: a straight-out-of-the-shower wet look. It's a nice look too; but not really what I was going for. I just found this to be too messy and not worth the vigorous hunt I'd gone on to find it. If anybody has any tips to make this look better or last longer, I'd appreciate it....
UPDATE: I've been working with this a little more, and found that if I allow the mascara to dry a little bit before applying it, it lasts longer and doesn't clump as it did before. It's still a short-lived look, but a nice one. A little boy I was babysitting stopped me in the middle of reading to say "There's water on your eyelashes! That's pretty!" I just hope the tube lasts longer than a month....

on 12/30/2005 12:05:00 AM

I am having a love affair with this product! From the moment I saw it on the cover of Sephora I just had to have it. Unfortunetly that is easier said then doen. thank goodenss for nice MUA'ers here.It is the best, creative product I have come across in a long time. The little droplets look like little diamonds (or snowflakes as my 7 year old son says) It looks great with black mascara or add some extra sparkle and put Girltastic sparkles over top of droplets and lashes (it gives you the Sephora cover look, seriously!). It lets you have that just out of the snow look, or it also adds that extra bit of glam you are craving. The droplets last all day and and are easy to take off. The pen is easy to use and lets you control how much and ewhere to put the product on. I got a kick out of all the people coming up and asking me how I got that look, and where could they buy it. I truly hope Dior brings this back and not as a LE item either. The only boo factor was that
I could not find it anywhere in Canada or online. They need to make it available here.
This product is a must have!! It truly gives you mesmorizing eyes. I am so glad I finally have it

on 12/27/2005 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

What a fun product! The pen-like applicator makes it super easy to apply these "pearls" to the ends of eyelashes; even on my first try, the drops came out perfectly. Super neat look that would look awesome when going out clubbing. It also doesn't weigh down the lashes at all, so they stay perfectly curled.Another way that I like to use this product (for everyday, when I don't want to go over the top), is to apply it in large drops to my eyelashes and let the ends of my eyelashes clump together a little bit. After a few minutes, I remove the drops with my finger tips, and doesn't disturb the mascara at all. It leaves my lashes glossy, and a little bit "joined" together in small groups at the tips, so it makes my lashes look a lot thicker, but without any mascara clumps. It's hard to explain, but the effect is lovely. ♥ :) continued >>

on 12/6/2005 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Such a cute and interesting product. I tried it out at Sephora with some dramatic smokey/silvery eyes and one of the MAs there stopped me and started staring at my eyes! After she saw it on me, she vowed to buy Ice Pearl. These beautiful little droplets are great for parties or stage performances (I'm a singer) but not really for daytime makeup. I love the pen applicator; it makes it so easy to get perfect-sized drops. I have to agree with the last reviewer, though, in that the drops start melting after awhile. After two hours or so, the drops don't look spherical anymore, so they don't catch the light as well and they lose the "dew kissed" look. Even still, I would repurchase this product! I just wish it wasn't a limited edition.

on 12/2/2005 2:30:00 AM

I'm glad to see this didn't get bad reviews. It is so cool. I think there is a famous picture from the 40's/50's of a woman with either rhinestones or water droplets on her lashes. i think it's the latter. This is *just* like that. I couldn't believe it worked or how easy it is to get such great results. Love it. I bought 2 tubes b/c it's something, even as a novelty, you'll want to have forever. It's not the need or the ease of places to wear it, but the ability and possibility. If that water droplet look appeals to you in the least, do not let this product pass you by. It's LE and selling out everywhere already. The only downside is that 2 hours later they melt into your eyelashes and are a little gross to pull off. $23. I have pics of it on in my profile.

on 11/23/2005 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love love love Ice Pearls. The second my store got them in I tried it out. It looks fantastic & over the top. I find that it looks best w/ smaller drops only on the outer lashes. It's easy to use just dot the lash & lift the wand away it retracts onto itself & forms perect little droplets on the tips of your lashes. Everytime I wear them people stop & stare at my eyes for a second. Finally they have to ask what it is. Get it while you can ladies it is LE I bout 2 of them & am thinking I want 2 more.

This is cute stuff. It really does apply clear little glistening "droplets". The droplets don't seem to dry completely (sort of silicone-y sticky) but it hasn't messed up my mascara or made anything smear. Somehow it manages to stay put. I think its too expensive but its cute. I've tried it with and without glitter and personally like it without.

I totally adore this product! Very innovative in my opinion. The gel forms into tiny pearls nicely (look like real water drops). Those clear 'pearls' look so cute on the lashes. It's not the easiest thing to apply tho'. You must keep the hand slow and steady. I found it difficult to control the size of each pearl sometimes, but the overall effect is very dramatic. Once I got a hand of it, I couldn't stop playing w/ it. Tony & Tina glitter eyeliner works very well with this in my opinion. However, this is definitely not an everyday look. It's a FUN product, but not practical. By the way, I was worried about the damage it might cause when taking those 'pearls' off; but then it really is the easiest thing to do (they get 'pulled out' easily).

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Sorry about this but I just did not like this too much. It is fun to play with but not worth 23.00. It looks like water droplets on the lashes. Not sparkly just clear blobs. Bummer...I really wanted to like this!