Essie Aperitif

4.7

on 6/10/2016 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My go to red! Gorgeous, glossy and bright red that looks amazing against very fair skin. When I run out and cannot find a replacement, I use Mavala London. However, Mavala London is not as bright and beautiful as this one.

on 12/17/2015 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I've been wearing this nail polish nonstop since I bought it 3wks ago & I think it's"the one." My go to, everyday perfect nail color. A cherry red. From what I can tell it's a true red. It looks fabulous & instantly makes me feel more comfortable & like I care where am going you know? Love this! Plus it lasts 5 days with minimum chipping on me. A++

To Read all 14 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/12/2014 6:05:00 PM

This is my HG red. Its perfect, not too orange not too pink (but on the pinker end of the scale). Easy application, perfect in two coats. This is the only bright red shade I will wear now. In love!

on 10/19/2012 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Gorgeous colour... the exact red I was looking for. It's a bright red, sort of in between Russian Roulette and A-list. A little deeper than Russian Roulette, less in-your-face, but brighter and warmer than A-list. Lovely for my sallow hands: makes them look less grey now that it's almost winter. It brings out the warmth in my skintone... a golden glow instead of yellow-grey pastiness :) very nice!

on 9/13/2012 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm a huge enthusiast for red nail polishes, and I'm always searching for something new. Not that a girl can ever own to many bottles of red nail polish.
I bought this as one of my very first Essie shades, and it looked awfully similar to OPI's classic Big Apple Red shade, but when I applied it, Aperitif was slightly more orange and warm, jelly but not in terms of consistency but colour-wise. However, I'm not crazy about this colour. It is just so uninteresting that I can't make myself wear it more. It doesn't have the depth of red colour, and it is not exeptionally glossy as well.
This wears for an average 2-3 days which is a shame, I'd say.

I loooooove this red. It's a slightly jelly red, is the perfect toned red for me. It's bright not too brown not orangy.. it is a slightly magenta based red in my opinion. It wears well, doesn't chip easily. It's basically perfect. I get non stop compliments on this red!

on 10/4/2011 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

THE perfect, classic red nail polish! It's a bright, glossy, neutral red that is probably universally flattering on anyone's hands and certainly is on mine (I'm NC25 for good measure). The formula is super pigmented and smooth (slightly runny, but that's normal for Essie), so you barely need 2 coats to get an opaque coat.

I can't stop staring at my nails when I wear this polish. It makes me feel so classy and sophisticated! Definitely will repurchase if I ever run out (but I don't wear red polish often, so I probably won't).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I'm loving this colour so far. It took a while to get used to it though. I normally go for NARS jungle red which is much darker, tending towards a berry shade, whereas this is more cherry or apple red. I've had this on for a day and I love. It's a neutral red tending towards being cooler. I'm an NC44. One coat of this colour to a bit too light for me. I applied two coats over a base coat and used a top coat after. I find the nail polish lasts longer this way and looks much more sophisticated and glossy. My nails are ultra short, I definately wouldn't use this on a long nail (my preference I guess). I'm wearing this at work so requires I bit more bravado but so far no-one has had any negative comments, but be careful and steer away from any load makeup or clothing when wearing this shade at work. Since this is my first Essie shade I can't comment on the durability at this stage, but so far I don't have a single blemish on the polish. I would say that this nail polish is an easy, affordable and risk free way to add a little vamp to you look without looking like you're cheap.

on 4/22/2007 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I adore this beautiful red creme nail polish. If I had to categorize it as either warm or cool, Id say it is slightly cool, but it is not overtly cool. I wear it on my toes and when Im feeling spunky I even wear it on my nails. Like all Essie nail polishes, it has awesome chip resistence and lasts close to a week on my nails. It lasts FOREVER on my toes!

BTW...the swatch at the top of this review page is not even close to the true color!

i normally stick to light neutrals and sheers, but i was feeling adventurous. this red is loud and distracting. it might work for toes but i'm not feeling it on my fingers.

Popular Polishes