Lancome Bienfait Multi-Vital SPF 30

Lancome Bienfait Multi-Vital SPF 30

3.6

AVOBENZONE 3%, OCTISALATE 5%, OCTOCRYLENE 7%, COSMETIC INGREDIENTS: WATER, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, GLYCERIN, DIMETHICONE, DIISOPROPYL SEBACATE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, SUCROSE TRISTEARATE, POLYSORBATE 61, RIBES NIGRUM (BLACK CURRANT) SEED OIL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ASCORBYL GLUCOSIDE, SODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, HYDROXYCITRONELLAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, PHENOXYETHANOL, THERMUS THERMOPHILLUS FERMENT, PEG-12 DIMETHICONE, EUGENOL, ETHYLPARABEN, TRIETHANOLAMINE, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, DIMETHICONOL, PANTHENOL, XANTHAN GUM, BENZYL SALICYLATE, BENZYL ALCOHOL, LINALOOL, OXOTHIAZOLIDINECARBOXYLIC ACID, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, CARBOMER, GERANIOL, MORINGA PTERYGOSPERMA SEED EXTRACT, DISODIUM EDTA, CASTANEA SATIVA (CHESTNUT) SEED EXTRACT, ROSA CANINA FRUIT OIL, METHYLPARABEN, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, FRAGRANCE

I really like this SPF cream. It protects my skin well, and despite its perfume, doesn't irritate or break me out at all. I also like that I can reapply it 2 or 3 times in a day and not have it get sticky and roll up into little balls.

Yes, it's pricey, but if you time your purchases with the GWP promotions, you can usually get a travel size of the same product, too.

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

Amazing sunscreen. Very lightweight and absorbs immediately. I'm very surprised at the negative reviews. I'll definitely repurchase

on 2/16/2017 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

A very overpriced moisturizer/sunscreen. I used to be a be big fan of Lancome cosmetics and moisturizers but now everything they make is extremely expensive and doused with tons of denatured alcohol which causes my skin to peel and go bonkers. While Bienfait didn't irritate my skin horribly with redness from the alcohol like some newer Lancome products, and it provided adequate sun protection, my skin didn't like it either. I broke out from it. I've tried it on several occasions and have the same reaction. Acne bumps on my skin. I used most of the bottle then ditched it.

on 12/16/2016 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I received a sample of this day cream with my Lancome purchase. The first four ingredients are water, dimethicone, glycerin, and denatured alcohol, which is very drying. My skin is already dry, so I'm not going to use the sample. (It has a strong, flowery fragrance, which makes it even less appealing.)

on 12/15/2016 7:51:00 AM

Moisturizing enough to use as both sunscreen and moisturizer. Leaves a white cast unless rubbed in. Strongly floral/rose-scented. Didn't break me out! Waaaay too expensive to repurchase as a basic sunscreen. The sample I used came in an unhygienic little pot instead of a tube or pump.

on 8/2/2016 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this moisturizer with SPF. I like how it does not sit on my face with a white residue which all other ones have done thus far. It is very creamy, melts into my skin and protects as it is supposed to do. I also use oils and serums so I like to use a light moisturizer. This fits the bill. I have had no issues to speak of while using this product. It has some fragrance so for those with sensitive skin that may pose a problem. Also the jar packaging is not the best way to keep this. A tube would be better but I use it up fast here in sunny Florida so it doesn't sit around too long. I also use a dipping stick that I cleanse with alcohol after every use to make sure it stays sanitary. I get them when at Sephora. This is probably my favorite Lancome product as is the Bienfait Night Cream. I recommend.

on 10/27/2015 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

OK I'm half way thru the gwp jar of this cream, and my skin can't take it anymore.

Best things: The spf 30, as any day cream should have. The antioxidents that this cream starts out with which are great for the skin, but essential when using spf in the sun during the daylight hours. The silky texture that glides on smoothly, doesn't interfere with makeup, sinks in without leaving a trace. Gorgeous scent.

What's wrong:
The gorgeous scent, which is making my skin sting and itch. At least I think it's the scent.
The jar packaging which ensures that these expensive little antioxidents are gone within a few days of opening the jar. (I checked, the regular version is also a jar, not just my gwp). Not being sure if that SPF is broad spectrum covering both UVA and UVB. I think it is, but it doesn't say so.

FINALLY The cost. If you use it, a full tsp per face as spf is supposed to be used, the full jar will last much less than a month. 55$ canadian.

My suggestion is that you rush out and buy the cream I compared it too, which is scent free, The cream I compared it to is (drum roll) Olay Complete for Sensitive Skin SPF 30 (full spectrum), and has more antioxidents, and also comes in a pump which protects those fragile antioxidents for the full time you use it. It has a bit more in there for $15 canadian. Saved $40! To spend on other skin care or makeup that really IS worth a higher price tag.

As for performance, the texture of the Lancome is slightly nicer and sinks in better while the Olay is thicker, and sits on the skin a bit longer. Both protect equally well.

on 6/17/2015 11:48:00 AM

Tough to find a higher-SPF moisturizer -- especially one that doesn't reek. I got a sample of this in one of those Sephora sunscreen samplers and liked it enough to spring for a full jar. It's Not Cheap -- $46, but it is cheaper than the somewhat comparable Bobbi Brown Extra Repair Moisturizing Balm (SPF 25, $95). Soaks in quickly enough that I can apply tinted moisturizer over it a few minutes later.

I have very dry skin; I need a rich product. And I have allergies; I need something unscented so my eyes don't water and my nose doesn't run.

on 4/5/2015 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

First of all, I really do not understand companies who still use jar-packaging for a ''high-potency'' product. The ingredients do not stay stable in a jar packaging, it's not hygienic, it's really just a mess. Why, oh why do they still use that ?

With that said, this was not my favorite product from Lancme. I like the fact that it's a SPF 30, but that's really the only thing I really like from this product. It's not hydrating enough for my taste, it's greasy on my skin and it's burning my eyes if I apply to near around this area. Unfortunately, it's a miss for me. I found that I only used it for a real day in the sun, like on the beach or something like that when I do not mind being greasy from sunscreen.

on 3/21/2015 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

A little dab gies along way.I find it is best for winter. one thing that im concerened about is the ingredients. I found the listing very disappointing as the first ingredients should be the natural oils. I probably will finish it. It's on the less expensive moisturizer of lancome. Maybe I'll save my money and give their other line a go