Orly Bonder Rubberized Basecoat

Butyl Acetate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Heptane, Ethyl Acetate, Trimethyl Pentyl Diisobutyrate, Tosylamide/Epoxy resin, Polyvinyl Butyral, Nitrocellulose, Benzophenone-1, Cl 26100 (Red 17), Cl 60725 (Violet 2), Cl 47000 (Yellow 11).

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

During the months leading up to my wedding, I had my nails done every two weeks at a salon. My nail tech used Orly Bonder, and the salon had a three-day no chip guarantee (or they'd do your nails again for free). The week of my wedding, I had my nails done on Tuesday and other than an accident when I scuffed my nail while attempting to close a window, my nails were still perfect by my wedding day on Saturday. However, I noticed that after two months of regular manicures, my nails started peeling and the nail beds started to turn yellow, which I attributed to the constant manicures. I stopped painting my nails and they're now back to normal, so I agree with the other reviewers who suggested alternating base coats. I'll keep Orly Bonder in my rotation, along with Butter London and Nails Inc. base coats.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the most effective base coat I have used for extending the life of a manicure. However, a few months of regular use caused my nails to peel. I'm taking a break for a few weeks and my nails have thankfully stopped peeling.

It stains, too. My nails developed an orange/yellow coating over time. Unfortunately, the stains cannot be buffed away. I even tried some hydrogen peroxide whitening treatments to no avail. I'll just need to let the nails grow out and take a breather.

It's a shame because Orly Bonder does help my manicures last longer. I would recommend it for occasional use only. Please avoid using it too regularly.

This is the best basecoat I have ever used. I agree it does feel slightly rubbery when it dries, but after you apply the nail polish, it's covered up. We all know that typically dark polishes last a day or 2 but with this bonder, you can even wear dark colors for a week and that is without taking extra care with gloves, etc. It's the best and I highly recommend it!

I had high hopes due to the positive rating, but this just did not work for me. It made all of my manicures chip or peel within a few days, even with polish that last 7+ days with the Revlon gel basecoat.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I used this bonder base coat for about a year. During that course of time, my nails became noticeably weaker, and would chip, peel, and break more easily. It took some time for me to figure out what the culprit was, and it was this base coat.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Well, I wish I could say something nice, but I can't.
This top coat doesn't get stuck to my nails, it peels like a bad gel-cream. On top of the peeling it helps colorful polishes to get into my nails and make them extremely yellow. I have never experienced that with any other base coats. Perhaps some ingredient is incompatible with my nails.

I was so disappointed, as were many others, when they discontinued the Revlon Colorstay Gel basecoat. It made my polish last like no other. Until I discovered the Orly Bonder basecoat. I think the Orly is even better than the Revlon. Makes my polish last a week, and I am not easy on my nails. Love, love, love it. Don't discontinue it, Orly!

My CND Stickey went bad after I had been using it for a number of months. I had been searching for this base to use instead, and finally found it at a local Sally's (another local Sally's didn't carry it). It dries quickly and provides a good barrier to protect the nail from polish. But be forewarned that it is very sticky. You pretty much have to wait for it to dry and then apply polish immediately. I don't mind that, but it is worth noting.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Really works! Nail polish literally peels off my nails. I've tried every anti-chipping product out there and I've always end up disappointed. This product has lived up to its claims I'm almost a week into my manicure and no chips! That NEVER happens with my nails. I put this product right up there my HG Seche Vite.

I absolutely love and adore this basecoat. If I never have to use any other basecoat than this ever again I'd be a happy girl.

I have no bad things to say about it but I do wish it was easier to get here in Australia. My Local beauty shop and some chemists used to sell it but are selling out of all orly products in store and so now I have to resort to purchasing online as there seems to be nowhere I can go personally to purchase it. So one lippie off for the price because we are now at the mercy of online sellers and having to pay postage makes it more pricey.

But despite that huge disappointment I absolutely recommend you try it.