CLINIQUE Blushing Blush Powder Blush - Cupid

CLINIQUE Blushing Blush Powder Blush - Cupid
Blushing Blush Powder Blush - CupidBlushing Blush Powder Blush - Cupid

4.4

INGREDIENTS: talc - dimethicone - silica - zinc stearate - nylon-12 - lauryl laurate - tetrasodium edta - potassium sorbate - chlorphenesin - [± mica - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - iron oxides (ci 77491, 92, 99) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - carmine (ci 75470) - red 7 lake (ci 15850) - ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - red 22 lake (ci 45380) - red 36 lake (ci 12085) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - red 30 lake (ci 73360) - red 33 lake (ci 17200) - red 28 lake (ci 45410) - red 34 lake (ci 15880) - ultramarines (ci 77007) - yellow 6 lake (ci 15985) - red 6 (ci 15850)]

This is my HG blush. I am an NC20-25 depending on the season and this gives me a natural flush without a fussy application. It blends beautifully on top of all of my foundations (both liquid and powder) and looks very natural when applied with a fluffy powder brush. I typically hate clinique products, but this is the only blush I have repurchased in my lifetime. The texture is smooth and finely milled, with a slightly shimmery glean. However, it is not sparkly or glittery, which is an important point for me since I tend to stay away from blushes with lots of overspray. The downside is the packaging, it straight up blows. The long and thin pan makes it difficult to get the product out and the brush it comes with is scratchy and useless. I recommend throwing the brush away and using your own powder or blush brush. I wish they would change this to a square or round container, but I love the color so much I will continue to purchase.

on 9/5/2018 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

Would agree with the positive comments about this blush. It’s not completely matte which is a plus in my book. No glitter. Nicely pigmented but not so pigmented that you can’t build it up a little. Color not too cool-toned which sometimes happens with my skin tone. Sturdy packaging. Included brush surprisingly works in a pinch.

Clinique is a good dependable brand for me. Makeup products usually a cut above drugstore. I use their face items the most. I have very sensitive skin and never had a problem.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

It's a nice flush of color. It's a bit too sparkly though!

I love this blush! This is just a light pink with a little bit of shimmer in it. It's pigmented and I use this whenever I need a little bit of color. I probably won't repurchase this because I like trying out new products.

on 10/5/2014 9:26:00 PM

I love this product - and I just hate the packaging (very 90s looking - much prefer modern Nars and Bobbii Brown style packaging). It's a great beautiful pink. If you like pinks, give this one a try. I just don't want to own it as the packaging is not not my style and deflates me when I look at it. 5 star product, 2 star packaging so this gets 3 or 4 lippies from me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my go-to blush. I love the color, the finish and everything about it! As most reviewers have said, the pan is long and thin which does make it annoying for applying with a larger brush. Despite looking glittery in the pan, this blush shows up satin-like in finish with no flakes of glitter. I like that it gives me a natural flush and works well with my NC20 skin tone. It is finely milled and great quality. Will repurchase, although there is a generous amount and it lasts a long time.

on 10/13/2013 7:17:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Cupid did not show up on me at all. First of all it was very difficult to get any color on my brush I'm not sure if maybe I had a faulty one or not because this blush does have a high rating but even if I did the color itself did not even show up on my face after over applying. Maybe this works for super fair girls...I don't know. Luckily I didn't buy the full version of it....I had a sample from a gift with purchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Cupid is my first Clinique blush. I bought it because my usual blushes were breaking my cheeks out for some reason (NARS, MAC, Bobbi Brown) - sniff. This doesn't irritate my skin or make me itchy like my old blushes were doing (so far anyway).

Cupid is a soft dusty pink with a satin finish (there is a glow but it is not frosty or glittery) - it reminds me of my beloved MAC Mocha blush, except a shade or two lighter. It also looks a bit like Benefit's Thrrrob Box O'Powder (cool, dusty pink). If you found Mocha or NARS Dolce Vita made you look feverish, it could be worth looking into Cupid. The powder is finely milled and the finish seems to fuse with the skin - it doesn't sit on top or look too powdery. It gives me (NC/W 20ish, neutral undertones, black hair, brown eyes) a healthy glow, and is soft and demure enough to wear to the office. For me, it is extremely natural and gives me a no-makeup, "caught eating cookies at night" flush.

It comes in a square, silver compact (kind of nice except I'm scared to scratch/scuff it), with a synthetic-bristled angled cheek brush (not the most useful, as with most mini-brushes), which can be used on the go if necessary. Compared to some other mini-brushes included with other brands, this brush was actually soft, didn't shed, and did an okay job at applying blush. It's still not as good as using a real makeup brush, but it was better than most.

I took a lippy off because of the shape of the pan - it's long and narrow and kind of hard to get a real blush brush in there. It doesn't seem like the most practical pan shape for a product like blush - I wish it was large enough to really dip a brush into.

Nonetheless, the blush is silky, good quality, with enough pigment and product (6g like MAC blushes - looks smaller but the pan is deeper). It lasts without streaking or turning blotchy. I am happy with my purchase and will probably buy it again. Midrange price as is standard with Clinique; you might want to consider during promos or GWP. continued >>

on 6/15/2012 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

It is a nice powder blush, I have actually two from Clinique – Cupid and Bashful Blush. Cupid is more pinkish on me and looks slighlty less natural than Bashful Blush. Love both of them, beautiful and natural shades and you cannot do anything wrong when using then if you are fair skinned.
Like the packaging with the mirror, the brush is not very good though unless when travelling. I use a bigger powder/blush brush at home.

on 3/17/2012 1:02:00 AM

Such a pretty blush! It actually puts some color on my porcelain cheeks. It's very easy to use, and very easy to blend onto cheekbones.

Popular Blush Products