Regis Design Line Olive Oil Hair Mask

No Image

3.0

on 4/10/2009 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is okay. It does moisturize my fine hair but it feels more like a regular conditioner then a mask. It seems to just work that day I use it. It doesn't feel like a deep treatment type product.

Eyes: Violet

Shockingly, I like this... and I'm not a fan of the other Olive Oil line products (I want to like them, honest I do).

It basically has the same effect as I WANT the Olive Oil conditioner to have... softens, detangles. Not wild about the scent, but it's nice. I prefer the Cashmere Kera Forte line's scent, and prefer that line's results in the S&C, but strangely, I don't like the Cashmere protein masque. Way prefer this Olive Oil masque. Odd odd odd.

Since I like scents to play nicely together, I don't really use this very much -- but it's GREAT to supplement the Olive Oil conditioner when I'm using up that huge bottle I purchased and I'm out of the Kera Forte.

I think the price is ridiculous, though. If it weren't a giveaway when I bought the S&C (which again, I don't really like), I would have felt ripped off. Too little product. It's a good product, but not worth the price for what it does. If I see it on a ridiculously crazy sale (which does happen), then I'll repurchase, but not until then.

on 1/23/2008 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Despite the name of this product, it does not contain olive oil, it contains olive *leaf extract*.

This is my favorite product of the Design Line Olive Oil line. It does not contain silicones, but it does contain quite a bit of protein. It does not weigh my hair down, make it feel coated, and my hair detangles reasonably well after its use.

I use it with heat often. I have discovered that I have to limit how often I use it, or be careful not to use it too soon after I've used a protein reconstructor so I don't overdo the protein. I've wound up having stiff, dull, lifeless hair doing this once before and had to clarify to remove the overdose of protein.

For someone who doesn't use reconstructors or whose hair is damaged and can benefit from the protein, this would be an excellent product.

One of the downsides is this product is only available at Regis Salons or in the Regis owned salons that are in some Wal-Marts.

My hair is 1a-2c/F/ii - 35" long, fine, thin, color-treated, dry ends.

I have tried this mask twice and so far, so good. The results aren't dramatic, I still have to use a leave in or some kind of frizz-fighter after. A reviewer below said that after three times of using this product it worked better and better so I am hoping to have the same results. My hair is softer, but not very smooth yet. update-I am on my second tub of this and bought another to have as a spare!! My hair has never felt softer, it smells so good, just a wonderful product. It took about a week for my hair to take to it, but now I couldn't go without it!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have NEVER used a deep treatment worse than this one. If it was a regular conditioner it would suck. It's really thick and glides on so I had great expectations. When I use other deep treatments (and other nice conditioners) my hair is like butter - all silky and fabulous. Ok, my hair was course and gross after this crap. It was tangled and when it air-dried my hair was a tad stiff. Others love this so I am the oddball. *shrug*

on 12/2/2005 3:01:00 PM

Tried this with the shampoo, and found it didn't work much better than the everyday conditioner. Left my hair coated, dry and flyaway. My curls didn't curl much either, they fell almost flat. I've tried other products that make my hair feel this way, and they've always been protien rebuilding products. I can't recall what's in this mask (don't have the box in front of me), but it could be that if this were followed by a conditioning, humectant cream, it would work better for me. Seems like a lot of trouble though. Anyhow, I have rougher hair than usual, and although I'll probably use this up (or give it to my kids!), I wouldn't buy again.

Popular Hair Treatments