Regis Design Line Olive Oil Hair Mask

No Image

4.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Agree with reviewer below. This did nothing more for my dry hair than a cheap drugstore conditioner. Would never repurchase Regis olive oil line again.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

My hair type: Asian, dry, thin, colored too often, fine and coarse

I bought this after reading all of the positive comments on MUA. I've only used this three times. I'm not too crazy about the smell but I can deal. It comes in a jar, is thick, yellow, and feels a bit like mayo. You have to dip your fingers in to get this thing out. I use this after my weekly routine of clarifying and using a protein reconstructor. The first two times that I used this, it seemed to dry out and weigh down my thin hair. I felt that possibly I was using too much of it and leaving it in my hair for too long. I used about 1 teaspoon and left it in my hair for about 10 mins. The third time I used this, I decided to change things around a bit. I applied a smaller amount...about 2/3 of a teaspoon and left it on for about 5 minutes. It seemed to do the trick...it helped reduce some of my frizz. I couldn't believe it. I only gave this 4 lippies because I don't know if it'll live up to the same results. I will update a few weeks from now.

EDIT: Sorry but this doesn't do anything for me at all. In fact, it dries out my hair. Maybe I have the hair type that needs silicone but I am going to look for a new deep conditioner.

Skin: Dry, Other, Neutral

This went back today. It made my damaged color treated hair feel coated and snarly, absolutely nothing moisuturizing about this one. Blech.

on 12/2/2005 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I give this one lippie only because I finally found a great use for this product...to shave my legs. Nice scent, but it left my hair feeling coated and overall gross. No real moisture. In comparison to other products I buy, this was pretty cheap. So, no real harm done to my wallet..because it makes an excellent shaving lotion/cream.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have NEVER used a deep treatment worse than this one. If it was a regular conditioner it would suck. It's really thick and glides on so I had great expectations. When I use other deep treatments (and other nice conditioners) my hair is like butter - all silky and fabulous. Ok, my hair was course and gross after this crap. It was tangled and when it air-dried my hair was a tad stiff. Others love this so I am the oddball. *shrug*

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

With extended use this product has done nothing for my hair. The smell is lovely, however this mask is not cheap and it doesn't do anything to make my hair less tangled or smooth.

on 4/10/2009 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is okay. It does moisturize my fine hair but it feels more like a regular conditioner then a mask. It seems to just work that day I use it. It doesn't feel like a deep treatment type product.

on 12/2/2005 3:01:00 PM

Tried this with the shampoo, and found it didn't work much better than the everyday conditioner. Left my hair coated, dry and flyaway. My curls didn't curl much either, they fell almost flat. I've tried other products that make my hair feel this way, and they've always been protien rebuilding products. I can't recall what's in this mask (don't have the box in front of me), but it could be that if this were followed by a conditioning, humectant cream, it would work better for me. Seems like a lot of trouble though. Anyhow, I have rougher hair than usual, and although I'll probably use this up (or give it to my kids!), I wouldn't buy again.

on 3/7/2008 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like this hair masque. It's very moisturizing. It does have proteins, so I find it can frizz my hair, but if I use a conditioner afterwards it works out. Now, that I'm taking better care of my hair, I rarely need a deep conditioning treatment anymore. My dry, curly hair is soft and is sometimes over-conditioned. I plan on using this when I do need a deep conditioning and would repurchase.

Eyes: Violet

Shockingly, I like this... and I'm not a fan of the other Olive Oil line products (I want to like them, honest I do).

It basically has the same effect as I WANT the Olive Oil conditioner to have... softens, detangles. Not wild about the scent, but it's nice. I prefer the Cashmere Kera Forte line's scent, and prefer that line's results in the S&C, but strangely, I don't like the Cashmere protein masque. Way prefer this Olive Oil masque. Odd odd odd.

Since I like scents to play nicely together, I don't really use this very much -- but it's GREAT to supplement the Olive Oil conditioner when I'm using up that huge bottle I purchased and I'm out of the Kera Forte.

I think the price is ridiculous, though. If it weren't a giveaway when I bought the S&C (which again, I don't really like), I would have felt ripped off. Too little product. It's a good product, but not worth the price for what it does. If I see it on a ridiculously crazy sale (which does happen), then I'll repurchase, but not until then.

Popular Hair Treatments