Regis Design Line Olive Oil Hair Mask

Filtered by age: 44-55
No Image

Eyes: Violet

Shockingly, I like this... and I'm not a fan of the other Olive Oil line products (I want to like them, honest I do).

It basically has the same effect as I WANT the Olive Oil conditioner to have... softens, detangles. Not wild about the scent, but it's nice. I prefer the Cashmere Kera Forte line's scent, and prefer that line's results in the S&C, but strangely, I don't like the Cashmere protein masque. Way prefer this Olive Oil masque. Odd odd odd.

Since I like scents to play nicely together, I don't really use this very much -- but it's GREAT to supplement the Olive Oil conditioner when I'm using up that huge bottle I purchased and I'm out of the Kera Forte.

I think the price is ridiculous, though. If it weren't a giveaway when I bought the S&C (which again, I don't really like), I would have felt ripped off. Too little product. It's a good product, but not worth the price for what it does. If I see it on a ridiculously crazy sale (which does happen), then I'll repurchase, but not until then.

on 1/23/2008 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Despite the name of this product, it does not contain olive oil, it contains olive *leaf extract*.

This is my favorite product of the Design Line Olive Oil line. It does not contain silicones, but it does contain quite a bit of protein. It does not weigh my hair down, make it feel coated, and my hair detangles reasonably well after its use.

I use it with heat often. I have discovered that I have to limit how often I use it, or be careful not to use it too soon after I've used a protein reconstructor so I don't overdo the protein. I've wound up having stiff, dull, lifeless hair doing this once before and had to clarify to remove the overdose of protein.

For someone who doesn't use reconstructors or whose hair is damaged and can benefit from the protein, this would be an excellent product.

One of the downsides is this product is only available at Regis Salons or in the Regis owned salons that are in some Wal-Marts.

My hair is 1a-2c/F/ii - 35" long, fine, thin, color-treated, dry ends.

on 10/31/2006 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I use the OO shampoo and conditioner but I am kinda on the fence about this mask. It's ok. Even though my hair is colored, my hair is in great shape so I just think this is too heavy for my hair. I will use up what I bought but probably wouldn't repurchase. I just prefer the daily Olive Oil conditioner. It has the same great scent as the other OO line, which I love. It is a banana yellow color and has the consistency of a thick body cream and comes in jar.
UPDATE 8-4-2010
I have just about used all of this mask, and I will repurchase. I don't apply near my roots, just like they ask you to, and it makes my hair really shiny and keeps my hair bouncy. Good stuff!

on 3/23/2006 11:12:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I've been using this weekly for about six weeks now. I have dry, curly, color-treated hair. For my fine hair, the best way to use this is to apply this to damp hair, leave it on for 30 minutes or more, then shampoo with DevaCurl NoPoo. My hair is hydrated and silky, no heavy residue, no silicones. I also use this as my deep conditioner after Nexxus Emergencee. This is a fabulous deal: you don't need to use much and a good sized jar costs $11.50. One of the best deep conditioners I have ever used!

on 12/2/2005 3:01:00 PM

Tried this with the shampoo, and found it didn't work much better than the everyday conditioner. Left my hair coated, dry and flyaway. My curls didn't curl much either, they fell almost flat. I've tried other products that make my hair feel this way, and they've always been protien rebuilding products. I can't recall what's in this mask (don't have the box in front of me), but it could be that if this were followed by a conditioning, humectant cream, it would work better for me. Seems like a lot of trouble though. Anyhow, I have rougher hair than usual, and although I'll probably use this up (or give it to my kids!), I wouldn't buy again.

Popular Hair Treatments