Fresh Rose Face Mask

Fresh Rose Face Mask
Rose Face MaskRose Face MaskRose Face Mask

3.3

Aqua (water), Butylene glycol, Glycerin, Pentylene glycol, Peg-60 hydrogenated castor oil, Rosa centifolia flower, Maris aqua (sea water), Rosa damascena flower water, Cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, Anthemis nobilis flower oil, Camellia sinensis leaf extract, Porphyridium cruentum extract, Rosa damascena flower oil, Aloe barbadensis leaf extract, Aspalathus linearis leaf extract, Faex (yeast extract), Sodium hyaluronate, Carbomer, Tetrasodium edta, Sodium hydroxide, Caprylic/capric triglyceride, Glyceryl acrylate/acrylic acid copolymer, Caramel, Maltodextrin, Parfum (fragrance), Bht, Citronellol, Phenoxyethanol.

on 6/19/2017 3:52:00 AM

The mask is great in helping skin calm down. It's soothing and seems to ease redness in skin. It smells amazing (yess roses!) and is easy to apply and wash off. Quite hydrating as well. Leaves your face feeling -
yes - fresh. However, it is very pricey. It has become one of those masks I bought, tried, liked but wouldn't probably buy again. The benefits don't outweigh the cost-for me. I'm also not a fan of the tub packaging because of the need for double dipping - would've preferred a pump.

Hmmm...what does this product do? I have been really in to masks lately, and I have realistic expectations--I look for something that feels either invigorating or soothing, and that is either exfoliating or moisturizing, and ultimately I want to enjoy a temporary look and feeling of bright, soft, supple skin. If this product were very cheep I might keep using it, but it's expensive, and at that price point it better either do something or feel/smell heavenly. I'll try something else

on 5/15/2017 1:08:00 AM

Like many of us here, I got to try this as part of Sephora's skincare birthday gift. While the mask feels and smells lovely (texture: a cooling gel; scent: slightly herbal, slightly rosy), it does absolutely nothing for my skin. It doesn't break or dry me out (hence the two lippies), but it also doesn't make my skin softer or smoother or glowier - it's essentially akin to applying a whole lot of nothing to my face, and while masks are a regular part of my skincare routine, I prefer using masks where I notice a difference, whether it's an immediate change or something more gradual with continuous use.

To be fair, however, I went through one birthday gift size of this, so you might want to read reviews by members who have tried out the bigger 3.3 oz size, as they can offer a more comprehensive report.

Given that the 3.3 oz size jar is $62 USD, I definitely will not be purchasing this on my own.

on 2/18/2017 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

While this isn't a bad product per se, but it is very underwhelming. It's made with roses, and therefore has a very distinct aroma of roses. If you don't like strong or flowery smells this is probably one to avoid. The mask it a lightweight gel, that has is amber to brown in color with pieces of rose petal in the mask. Personally I don't care for the bits of rose petal. As for performance, I just don't see that it does much of anything for skin at all. If you have dry skin and are looking for a hydrating face mask you would be better off with the Erborian Bamboo Waterlock face mask, or even a cheapie from Nugg. This is really just a whole lot of nothing, and sadly this is one of the more expensive masks on the market. This doesn't hydrate, tone, or brighten.

I received this as a sample. I'm so used to my heavy duty Korean sheet masks, that this did nothing for me. It is a very thin, gel consistency that kind of disappears into your skin. This morning my skin actually feels a little on the dry side (and I have oily skin), and isn't as bright, moisturized, and glowy and dewy looking like it is after I do my almost nightly sheet mask routine.

on 2/10/2017 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I had a sample thanks to Sephora birthday program, and then a friend gave me hers. I used one sample up (it lasted a surprisingly long time spreading a thin-ish layer over skin) and decided I would purchase with a coupon. It seemed to smooth my skin and leave it a bit glows, hydrated, and helped my texture. I went ahead and dug into the second sample, since it was older and I could refill the little jar with new product, and found my skin reacting badly with the prolonged use (of about 2 weeks at this point). My skin started getting dry, flaky, scaly, itchy, and the texture/little pimples I get came back. I stopped using this and my skin returned to my normal. I think this would be ok for a once in a while mask for a few nights in a row, but not ok for daily or several times a week use for those with sensitive or combo to dry skin. The ingredients don't show anything alarming upon first inspection, but I think the rose water may be basically alcohol, although I'm not sure about this. I personally planned to use it like a toner between washing and moisturizing daily or several times per week. At the price point I wanted a daily splurge item I could enjoy and wind down from the day with. To me it isn't worth having around if I can't maintain the results I get beyond a day and cannot use more than once per week. I returned the unopened product for a refund. If it works for you and is your splurge item, great. But for me, it just messed with my skin. I should mention this smells like roses. I am hypersensitive to scents, and found this to be a clean rose smell that did not give me a headache, which also added to my desire to have it as a splurge item since I usually have to stick to such bland items.

on 2/2/2017 2:37:00 PM

Made my skin look clean, dewy, and glowing, received a compliment on my skin from my partner right after using it. It's a nice product but definitely not worth the price ($80 in Canada.) I'll be saving this to use before special occasions. Would re-buy if I was rich/had a sugar daddy.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I sort of liked this mask, as it did feel soothing and hydrating while wearing it. It applies quite easily (light, refreshing gel) and removes easily also (with just warm water and my hands) and I think it added some moisture to my skin. But, it does sting quite a bit when I apply it (thoug I have skin sensitive to a lot), and the results seemed very temporary. As a PP mentioned, it felt nice to use, like a little luxury/time-out, but not much more than that. I would not repurchase at its very high price and the stinging that I experience upon application. If it were an inexpensive drugstore product, I would recommend to those without skin sensitivities to pick up.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Received from Sephora as a birthday gift. I love the way it smells, and feel so fancy wearing it around my apartment for 10 minutes (since the full-size costs a leg and an arm, I'd better feel fancy wearing it). I did find it to be hydrating, and it seemed like it helped soothe a bit of redness every time I used it. Wouldn't purchase it on my own because the benefits aren't nearly worth the price. But it's been fun to use, and I think my sample will last a long time.

on 12/19/2016 10:25:00 AM

My skin was so smooth and soft and balanced after using this. I put it on for about 10 minutes and then wiped it off with a makeup remover towelette. I did not follow up with toner or moisturizer, just left it alone. All of you ladies below may send me your samples if you don't want them! :)