Fresh Rose Face Mask

Fresh Rose Face Mask
Rose Face MaskRose Face MaskRose Face Mask

3.3

Water, Butylene glycol, Glycerin, Pentylene glycol, Peg-60 hydrogenated castor oil, Rosa centifolia flower, sea water, Rosa damascena flower water, cucumber fruit extract, Anthemis nobilis flower oil, Camellia sinensis leaf extract, Porphyridium cruentum extract, Rosa damascena flower oil, Aloe leaf extract, Aspalathus linearis leaf extract, yeast extract, Sodium hyaluronate, Carbomer, Tetrasodium edta, Sodium hydroxide, Caprylic/capric triglyceride, Glyceryl acrylate/acrylic acid copolymer, Caramel, Maltodextrin, fragrance, Bht, Citronellol, Phenoxyethanol.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Brown gel mask that you leave on for 5 - 10 minutes. The scent smells herbal like its made with actual dried rose petals, crushed stems and black tea. Not sweet or floral. Kind of reminds me of the scent of Pixi Peel and Polish.

The ingredients are very cheap, water, glycerine, and butylene/propylene glycols (yes, anti-freeze). No surprises it does not actually do anything for my skin. Slightly irritated my sensitive skin. Provides a tiny bit of moisture. But then again I get more moisture from any moisturiser or my regular toner with a teaspoon of glycerin mixed in. Does not smooth, soothe, brighten or resurface. Surprising for a very pricey brand.

on 1/2/2018 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

$62.00 for 3.3 ounces or $25.00 for 1 ounce. I try to buy mine when I have a 20% off coupon which helps, but it's still pricey for sure.

I love this mask. Is it a miracle worker? No. I've never tried a mask that IS a miracle worker. Is it too expensive? YES! I have always thought almost all of Fresh's products are overpriced but this one I do love. I don't replace it the second I run out but i do miss it and always end up repurchasing it in the winter. I love the soft, faint rose fragrance. I find it nice and soothing on my face as I relax in a warm bath.

Sometimes I leave it on for an hour or so. It never irritates my face and my skin looks so nice and hydrated and feels so soft and hydrated after using it. II do not like the jar. It's glass so it can break if dropped. I use a little plastic spatula to dip the product out. I wish it came in a pump or a tube. The packaging and the price are my main complaints but I think it is an excellent mask and I really do enjoy it and so does my face. What is one person's 1 or 2 lippies, is another's 5 lippies. It just depends on what your skin likes and what works for you.

I find it a very luxurious treat for my skin, and a little goes a long way. I can get about 15-20 uses out of the small jar and the large jar lasts me about a year but I use other masks as well. This is definitely one of my favorites.

Description from Sephora website:

Which skin type is it good for?
✔ Normal
✔ Oily
✔ Combination
✔ Dry
✔ Sensitive

What it is:
A cult-favorite hydrating and toning gel mask infused with real rose petals, soothing rosewater, and a “smart” algae that delivers optimum moisture.

Solutions for:
- Dryness
- Redness
- Pores

If you want to know more…
Fresh Rose Face Mask is a toning gel mask that drenches dull, tired skin with hydration for a healthy-looking complexion. This unique cooling mask is infused with real rose petals (an average of two-and-a-half roses per jar) to restore radiance and suppleness to all skin types.

The refreshing formula targets dry areas with porphyridium cruentum, a "smart" algae that delivers optimum moisture where the skin needs it most. Cucumber extract and aloe vera gel help soothe the skin and have an immediate cooling and calming effect, while antioxidant-rich green tea helps to brighten and protect. Gentle enough to use every day, this powerful mask is perfect for all skin types.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

What else you need to know:

This product is a TotalBeauty.com Readers’ Choice 2017 Beauty Award winner.

“The rose truly represents beauty. It’s beautiful to look at, beautiful to smell, and has all these beautiful benefits. I call it ‘nature’s wonder.’ The flower yields a precious oil that helps to hydrate, soothe, and tone the skin. With today’s technology, we are able to refine the purity of the extract, making it even more effective in skincare.”—Lev Glazman, Fresh Co-founder

Research results:
In vivo test:

- 100% reported healthy-looking, supple skin
- 93% felt their skin was moisturized, softened, smoothed, and soothed
- 93% noticed a cooling and calming sensation
- 90% said it nourished and visibly improved the appearance of their skin

Beauty tips:
- For a soft, supple canvas under makeup, start with Rose Face Mask and follow with your daily skincare ritual.
- Lightly mist Fresh Rose Floral Toner on your face as a mask primer before applying Rose Face Mask.
- Put this unique mask in the fridge to enhance its cooling sensation.
- Use Rose Face Mask after a flight or a long day of indoor heating and air conditioning to rehydrate your skin.
- The cooling formula refreshes your skin after a day in the sun.

Ingredients:

-Pure Rosewater: Soothes and tones.
-Cucumber Extract and Aloe Vera Gel: Help soothe the skin and have an immediate cooling and calming effect.
-Porphyridium Cruentum: Delivers optimum moisture.
-Antioxidant-rich Green Tea: Helps to brighten and protect.

Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Rosa Centifolia Flower, Maris Aqua (Sea Water), Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Porphyridium Cruentum Extract, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Aspalathus Linearis Leaf Extract, Faex (Yeast Extract), Sodium Hyaluronate, Carbomer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Caramel, Maltodextrin, Parfum (Fragrance), BHT, Citronellol, Phenoxyethanol.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Where do I even begin. I bought this yesterday at Sephora I'm the mini size because I'd heard so many good things about this and wanted to try it myself. I also liked the scent, very natural.
Within an hour of taking it off my face my cheeks started to feel very itchy and very red with bumps developing. Terrible allergic reaction!
Definitely would NOT recommend for sensitive skin.

on 11/12/2017 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This mask didn't irritate my skin and I think it gave a healthy look to my face upon use. I received it as part of a kit and like how easy it is to use, no mess, just slather it on, wait 10 min or so before rinsing it off. It didn't dry but just stayed on my skin and seemed to remove signs of dullness. It also rinsed clean, no residue. I wasn't impressed enough to buy it because I'm neutral on it's effectiveness and results. Not terrible, not amazing, just okay.

beautiful smell and moisturizes deeply. Seems to calm redness. A little goes a long way.

on 6/28/2017 11:34:00 AM

Bought a small sample of this in Sephora's gotcha aisle walking up to the cash. Extremely expensive in my opinion but wanted to try it. Of course I loved it. My face was so soft and hydrated after using it once. Strong scent so beware if you don't like scents in skin care, especially roses. Won't repurchase when I'm done with this jar because of the price, but it will be on my birthday/Christmas list.

on 6/27/2017 11:46:00 AM

I've had two deluxe samples of this mask. At first I loved it, but had never really tried a hydrating mask to compare it to.

So as far as the mask goes I like how it smells and the rose petals in the mask. I wish it applied a little bit more thickly, because sometimes I feel like the mask goes on even a bit too thin. The mask is very gentle, hydrating, and pleasant. I usually keep it on 15-20 minutes. Afterwards my skin feels more hydrated but not deeply hydrated. I've been using tony moly I'm real aloe face masks and compared to those, (even with washing the serum off my skin afterwards) is a lot more hydrated with them...and they are $1-2 a pop online.

I think this would be a good product for someone with really sensitive skin, oily skin, or someone who loves roses to death. For me it's a pass at this price point and it's performance.

on 6/19/2017 3:52:00 AM

The mask is great in helping skin calm down. It's soothing and seems to ease redness in skin. It smells amazing (yess roses!) and is easy to apply and wash off. Quite hydrating as well. Leaves your face feeling -
yes - fresh. However, it is very pricey. It has become one of those masks I bought, tried, liked but wouldn't probably buy again. The benefits don't outweigh the cost-for me. I'm also not a fan of the tub packaging because of the need for double dipping - would've preferred a pump.

Hmmm...what does this product do? I have been really in to masks lately, and I have realistic expectations--I look for something that feels either invigorating or soothing, and that is either exfoliating or moisturizing, and ultimately I want to enjoy a temporary look and feeling of bright, soft, supple skin. If this product were very cheep I might keep using it, but it's expensive, and at that price point it better either do something or feel/smell heavenly. I'll try something else

on 5/15/2017 1:08:00 AM

Like many of us here, I got to try this as part of Sephora's skincare birthday gift. While the mask feels and smells lovely (texture: a cooling gel; scent: slightly herbal, slightly rosy), it does absolutely nothing for my skin. It doesn't break or dry me out (hence the two lippies), but it also doesn't make my skin softer or smoother or glowier - it's essentially akin to applying a whole lot of nothing to my face, and while masks are a regular part of my skincare routine, I prefer using masks where I notice a difference, whether it's an immediate change or something more gradual with continuous use.

To be fair, however, I went through one birthday gift size of this, so you might want to read reviews by members who have tried out the bigger 3.3 oz size, as they can offer a more comprehensive report.

Given that the 3.3 oz size jar is $62 USD, I definitely will not be purchasing this on my own.