3.3

$62.00 on Sephora
Shop Now

Reviews

2 months ago

I have rosacea and this did not cause a flare-up so I was very pleasantly surprised by this mask. I actually dislike the smell of roses in cosmetics but the scent of this mask wasn't fake or overwhelming so I really didn't mind having it on for a little over 10 minutes. I haven't used it long enough to see some dramatic changes but my skin looked quite tones and somewhat hydrated after this mask. I actually applied a lot less than the "how to" video on the fresh site recommended. Pros: Doesn't irritate my rosacea Feels cool and refreshing Easy to apply Decent packaging A little bit goes a long way Cons: Expensive (but you get what you pay for)

About reviewer (134 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesGray

3 months ago

This rose mask came in the Rosy Outlook coffret box that contains also the daily moisturizer, Sugar Rose balm and toner, which is a really nice introduction to the Fresh Rose line while giving you the whole "program" so to speak. I have dry skin, which becomes tighter and parched with the use of indoor heating in the winter months. I am also relentlessly and certifiably dehydrated (if you're reading this, here's a reminder to take a sip of water!). When it comes to the moisturizer, it performs so-so for something that's $40, but I really like this mask! The aqueous, gel texture really makes my skin feel hydrated and the smell is lovely. I do love a good rose (or any floral for that matter). My skin bounces like a ball after washing this off with warm water, and I haven't noticed any breakouts yet. I definitely get a more radiant, hydrated look than tight and toned. At $62 for the big jar though, I'm a little iffy about throwing down that kind of money -- maybe if it were in the $40 range like the moisturizer it wouldn't be too bad.

About reviewer (194 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

4 months ago

I am incredibly "meh" about this product. I've gotten it a few times as minis in sets from Sephora and even bought the mini jar once, but it's definitely not worth the price and I don't think I'll go out of my way to acquire it again. For reference, I have dry/dehydrated skin with dryness/flakiness around my forehead, hormonal acne and scarring on my chin, and large sebaceous filaments around my nose. This is not a bad product, per se. It doesn't break me out or burn my skin, and I notice very slight soothing/hydrating effects. However, I can get the same exact results with a cheap rosewater spray and hyaluronic acid serum or a good moisturizer. I use this product as a "pamper" step in an at-home facial, after all of my exfoliants and serums as a final "cool down" before putting on my final moisturizer. It works well in that role because it does a good job of soothing any redness I may have, but that's such an occasional use it's not really worth buying a whole separate product for. I've also used it as an overnight mask and saw less effect than if I had used a regular moisturizer. It honestly reminds me of a more expensive version of the Peter Thomas Roth Rose or Cucumber gel masks (similar price but about 60% more product). The main concern with this is the scent. I am not sensitive to scents and my skin doesn't freak out if there is fragrance in a product, but the rose scent of this is STRONG. If you don't like scented skincare, stay far, far away. The fact this is supposed to be "soothing" but has a ton of fragrance leaves me scratching my head a bit. Also, I cannot stand the tub packaging. This mask looks lees than appetizing as it is (a brown/orange gel with rose petal pieces scattered throughout), the thought of repeatedly dipping my finger into this is grossing me out just thinking about it. Overall, an average mask with a crazy price tag that is effectively a "fancier" version of a soothing aloe gel. If you get this as a gift or in a set, try it out, but otherwise don't waste your money.

About reviewer (101 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

a year ago

As far as masks go this is far from good! Other than a slight increase in my skins' hydration levels, I don't see any real difference after leaving on for 10 minutes or even 20 minutes...no difference in texture, tone, breakouts or dry patches. It reminds me of PTR's Cucumber mask but with a more cooling sensation when applying, but as with that you have a list of botanicals which read good on the ingredients listing but when you apply it the results are just meh! If I'm going to take the time out of my day to apply a mask then it has to make some kind of a difference to my skin, otherwise what's the point? I think with an AHA like glycolic in here this could've worked a lot better. Currently neither the ingredients nor the results can justify the price tag for me. Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled many 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)  1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File 9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

1.0

a year ago

Did nothing for my screen. Bought this to use during the summer to calm and cool my skin as I knew I'd be out in the Sun for a long duration. There's a cooling sensation but it doesn't last long, and it doesn't calm the skin at all nor does it hydrates. I like Fresh products, so this really disappointed me. Would not recommend this to anyone.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

1.0

a year ago

I really dislike this product. It smells great and the jar is very attractive, but it feels so gross and slimy on the skin and provides little or no benefit to the skin. The package says it hydrates and tones, but it definitely doesn't do the former. As for the latter, that's a more plausible claim, but it comes at the expense of making my face feel tight and dry. It's a no from me. I got a free sample of this, but I wouldn't buy this at even a fraction of its retail price ($62 for 3.3 fl oz).

About reviewer (446 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

a year ago

I received a deluxe sample set from Sephora. Did nothing to my skin. The scent is not unpleasant but somehow it reminded me of over ripened bananas! I would not get this again as it is expensive and I found no joy using it. Those Korean sheet masks do a better job and costs soooo much lesser!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

3.0

a year ago

I have a difficult relationship with this mask. I love it but cannot justify it. I was introduced to it from a deluxe sample a long time ago at Sephora. That sample lasted me a long time because you don't need much when you use it. This mask feels cool and soothing when you put it on. And the little dried rose petals are delightful. The thing is, this mask is temporarily hydrating, but I don't notice long-lasting difference. I tend to reach for it for the soothing, more than hydration. The ingredients are super cheap and nothing fancy, the price they ask for this is pretty much robbery. I feel so stupid buying it but I can't resist. So yes, that's the story of me and this mask and our complicated relationship!

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Straight, Fine

a year ago

I really liked this mask. I felt rejuvenated after using it. The price is what is keeping me from re-ordering. So expensive!

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

3.0

a year ago

Like many Fresh products, this is nice, but quite overpriced for what it does. I like to use clay masks to clear my pores, but they are also drying and worsen fine lines. After a clay mask, I use this to replenish moisture. My skin drinks it up and after ten minutes it is mostly absorbed. It is effective for hydrating. I don't notice any particular toning effect. I find the artisanal quality appealing, but there are other hydrating products that are as useful for a much more reasonable price.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

Age36-43