Clé de Peau Beauté Cle de Peau serum contour des yeux

Clé de Peau Beauté Cle de Peau serum contour des yeux

3.5

I got this one from Neimann Marcus after a friend was raving about Cle de Peau. I had to stop using it a few days after I bought it because it made my eye lids swollen. I have done the experiment several times: when I stopped using it for a few days, my eye lids were fine; whenever I started using it again the morning after I got swollen eye lids - as if I had been crying all night. Maybe chemical components in this line of products are too strong for me.

on 4/30/2009 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Pros: does not irritate my sensitive eyes.

Cons : I can't notice the difference between using it or not using it.

I tried this serum while on the hunt for a product to tackle my puffiness and fine lines. The SA told me how wonderful the product was and how it would help to get the circulation around my eyes going which would help lessen the look of the darkness. She said it also helps to refine the skin's texture so it would help reduce the appearance of fine lines. The product feels nice, it definitely moisturizes but that's where is stops. I have seen no other effects from this product. I love the packaging, it even has a little cover over the dispenser to protect it, but even the high-tech packaging can't make up for the fact that this serum is pretty much useless to me. I've tried other Cle de Peau items and they all seem like the same Shiseido stuff, just in fancier packaging with outrageous prices. If I had to choose between Cle de Peau and Kanebo, I would choose Kanebo (much more extensive range), although some of their things are very similar to Cle de Peau. I think most Japanese brands look, feel and smell the same to me.

Painfully expensive, think I paid about RMB800 for a bottle for this when I was living in Shanghai.

Absorbs nicely into the skin and nourishes well, but that's about it. Does nothing much for my supa-dupa panda eyes. A little goes a long way and the bottle does last for a while.

Though I put a "yes", but am not sure if I will repurchase as it is expensive for the quality ir delivers. Perhaps MUA should add on a "maybe" option instead of "yes" and "no" only.

Comes in a nice pump type bottle and the noozle even has a little cap for it which is hygenic, but does not seems to serve much purpose. Only one which I can think of is so that product does not dry up on the noozle?

Tip: If you can't pump out anymore from the bottle, unscrew the pump cap and there are actually more products sitting in the bottle; probably enought to last a few days.

on 5/2/2006 10:25:00 PM

A great eye serum if your concerns are mainly dark circles, brighten your eye areas or just something to lightly moisturize your eyes. If you are someone with lots of lines or wrinkles then this eye serum is not for you. I love it and only use it once at night time (as per instructed by Cle de Peau). My eyes feel very comfortable, look healthy, without any signs of tiredness, dark circles and lines. The bottle lasts forever if you only use it once a day. Will definitely re-purchase!

on 9/16/2005 3:03:00 AM

Love the packaging on all Cle de Peau products and the fragrance. The eye contour essence is fabulous! I have really really sensitive skin and most products make my skin burn but this one doesn't. I use this before I go to bed and I wake up with lesser shadows under my eyes. For those of you who are looking for a eye wrinkle cream, then this is not for you. This is for getting rid of dark circles. Try the Cle de Peau eye balm if you are trying to get rid of eye wrinkles.

I got a few samples of this - while it is not bad - I think I am very satisfied with La Prairie and Kanebo and La Mer. Do not think I will get this.

on 11/8/2003 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this eye gel!!! Although the price is so expensive but in my opinion, it is better than Sisley eye balm and Darphin eye gel. I'll definitely purchase it again. Update=unfortunately it's been discontinued. =(

on 9/30/2003 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The package of this eye cream looks nice and very pratical (It is in pump bottle). However, all Shiseido eye cream do not work on me and all stings my eyes. I also agree this is not moisturising enough. I need something more moisturising and much more mild, such as Sisley and La Prairie.

I liked this Product a lot, but you get so little for the $100 price tag, like once i got it, a little while later it ws all gone!! But it was one of the best eye creams i have tried! Since i am 23, with no wrinkles, I got this cause it was the lighter version made for younger skin... i'll tell you me eyes felt refreshed and my makeup went on wonderfully!! I'll get this again eventually... but i have to use up all the other ones i bought , trying to find one as good. Damn!